Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Half time report  (Read 2498 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 08:33:04 »

From other League 2 fans.

The Cheltenham one sounds like a bit of a tool.

'The attitude of certain opposition managers after we have played them off the park. Oxford's Chris Wilder, Swindon's Paolo Di Canio and, as expected, Crawley's Steve Evans to name but three have been churlish in defeat.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2011/dec/21/league-two-half-term-report

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 08:45:34 »

Interesting read, but basic error.

How's it going? Paolo Di Canio has taken Swindon on a bumpy ride, but for the large part, it has been enjoyable. Poor signings ensured a slow start but things have turned round nicely, with Swindon not unbeaten in ten league games.

So they're saying we've lost the last 10, you'd expect that from the adver but not the guardian!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 09:06:52 »

Interesting read, but basic error.

How's it going? Paolo Di Canio has taken Swindon on a bumpy ride, but for the large part, it has been enjoyable. Poor signings ensured a slow start but things have turned round nicely, with Swindon not unbeaten in ten league games.

So they're saying we've lost the last 10, you'd expect that from the adver but not the guardian!

It wasn't written by the Guardian. The reports are submitted from fans. Some woman called Rosie. There are a few errors in our report I noticed actually.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 09:06:59 »

There's a couple of typos in there, "not" instead of "now",  "eill" instead of "will". I'm not one to criticise for typos, but the Guardian proof reader must have been working after his Christmas party!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 09:14:42 »

"Guardian proof reader" is as famous a non-job as Admiral of the Swiss navy.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 09:20:53 »

I have no idea who rosie is but she is also in the dream team league at work.

Think her dad works in there...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 09:26:00 »

She's on Twitter, a number of TEFers follow her.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 10:31:28 »

Rosie Macgivelelelyrlrlylylyy or something

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DRS

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 10:47:57 »

Nice girl and has ours pretty much spot on
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 13:24:02 »

The Washbag has done one in the comments, about the 3rd one down...

How's it going? After much fanfare it all started well with the opening win against Crewe but then it nosedived with four defeats in League Two and Leon Clarke making a right prat of himself in front of all, giving the watching media all they needed to press the 'Di Canio has gone mental' button. Like any other manager Di Canio needed time to settle and develop his talents. There have been the failures of his hasty and ill-considered signings over the summer (Atiku, Esajas, Gabildondo, Commazi, Magera, Lanzano etc) who just haven't adapted well and shown they are anything other than expensive seat warmers for the dugout. Then the positives; Alan McCormack has been thrust into central defence alongside Aden Flint, giving us solidity at the back which has been non-existent for 15 years, also the cup runs including that fantastic hammering of Huddersfield and an excellent chance to return to Wembley if we beat Barnet. With Swindon currently on a 15 game unbeaten run, plenty of home matches ahead in 2012 and Di Canio set to raid the transfer market in January we'll get automatic promotion, but like Paolo, I'm still holding out for some silverware.

Who's been the star? Wes Foderingham. Our on loan 'keeper from Palace only joined in October, but his form has been magnificent leading to 8 clean sheets from 9 League Two and 2 cup matches. He's a key reason why we are 15 games uinbeaten. The problem is that his loan expires in mid January, however we will buy if Palace will sell.

Biggest disappointment? Some team in yellow and blue beat us back in August

Grade A-

http://thewashbag.com - Swindon Town blog

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 14:23:15 »

All Cheltenham fans are tools. Played us off the park? - wonder what game he went to.

I come from a land down-under

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 14:33:19 »

I'd give us a C grade as things stand. There is still potential for an A grade though.
Play off winners is the bare minimum which is scraping the right result to go onto better things. Making the play offs and losing would give us a D grade come May.
I'm still hoping for at least a B and auto promotion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 23, 2011, 15:00:37 »

I'd give us a C grade as things stand. There is still potential for an A grade though.
Play off winners is the bare minimum which is scraping the right result to go onto better things. Making the play offs and losing would give us a D grade come May.
I'm still hoping for at least a B and auto promotion.

I'd agree with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: