Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ben Lamberts Rallying call  (Read 6058 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:35:44 »

Classic.

Ben seems a nice enough bloke but fuck me they are a bit desperate at SN1 arent they.There cant be many clubs where the sales and marketing manager is asked to make an impassioned plea for us to "support the team"

Does anyone know if he even supported Swindon before he got his current job?Who knows he might answer this himself instead of all the lurking Cheesy

/
W56196272
lebowski

« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:41:07 »

what on earth are you talking about?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:41:51 »

I thought it was funny, fan's don't trust Holt, Starnes has gone into hiding, Diamandis would probably be too scared, Gray ..well enough said

So the only person they can come up with is Ben - Mike's son in law - to try and stop people protesting

Next thing you know they will be having the cleaner doing the PR's for them  
dell boy

« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:22 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

I was a bit lost as well, and was waiting for someone else to ask to question, thanks.
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:22 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1870577.0.get_behind_the_lads.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:23 »

Ben's a nice enough chap, think most people who've met him would agree and to be fair it really should not be up to him to have to be the face behind this "rallying call".  Smacks of desperation from above to me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:26 »

Ben Lamberts comments in todays adver

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1870577.0.get_behind_the_lads.php

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:38 »

At the end of another momentous week in Town's history, the club's sales and marketing manager BEN LAMBERT. left, makes an impassioned plea to supporters ahead of tomorrow's game

"SO Paul Sturrock has gone.

After 12 months in charge the opportunity to return to Plymouth Argyle - a club with whom he enjoyed great success and always regretted leaving - was too great an opportunity to turn down.

I have nothing but respect for Paul Sturrock and wish him the very best of luck.
advertisement

Nobody here wanted him to leave, and we are all bitterly disappointed at his decision. But that's football.

The chain of events that started with Martin Allen leaving the Franchise at the end of last season has finally caught up with Swindon Town.

I am writing this with the knowledge that, when the Andrew Fitton-led consortium takes control of the club, he is likely to make changes to the managerial structure that will result in the majority of the management team, myself included, moving on to pastures new.

So I am writing this not with self-preservation or self-interest in mind, but as someone who has a genuine affection and passion for this football club.

There is a section of the fan base that will, as they did when Dennis Wise departed, blame the board for Paul's departure.

The simple truth is, however, that, embargo or no embargo, CVA or no CVA, the pull of Plymouth would always have lured Luggy' back to Devon.

The board of Swindon Town and the club's staff have worked tirelessly for months under very trying circumstances.

Of course, mistakes have been made.

But we are only human and everyone connected to the club are 100 per cent committed to keeping the club afloat and providing the team with the resources they need to push on towards one of those elusive play-off positions and the possibility of Championship football next season.

Now is not the time for recriminations.

With the takeover likely to complete this week or early next, now is the time for all Swindon Town fans to get behind David Byrne and Ady Williams, and show their support for the 11 players that the duo will pick to take on Forest Green Rovers tomorrow.

I would ask all Swindon Town fans to turn out in force on Saturday and help cheer the lads into round three of the FA Cup.

The following week sees two tricky away games at Carlisle and Southend, before Brighton and Hartlepool visit the County Ground prior to Christmas.

It's vitally important that we pick up as many points as possible so that we don't lose ground.

Thoughts now turn to Paul's long-term successor.

The search has already begun for the right man to lead Swindon Town into 2008 and beyond.

The club needs stability on and off the pitch, so let's pull together and begin with a victory this weekend. "
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:42:41 »

Lamberts issued a rallying cry on the adver site....

To be fair to him he's actually a really nice guy and he's only trying his best. I don't blame him for putting out an article like that but I don't think he'll get much success at all.
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:43:39 »

is it just me or is there an echo in here?

thank you, one and all.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:43:55 »

I think it is a very interesting comment actually, especially as he is about to lose his job because of the takeover.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dell boy

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:48:34 »

Ben quotes:
I am writing this with the knowledge that, when the Andrew Fitton-led consortium takes control of the club, he is likely to make changes to the managerial structure that will result in the majority of the management team, myself included Sad , moving on to pastures new.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 13:57:06 »

Maybe Ben's the only one left and the others have actually GONE :shock:
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 14:01:34 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Maybe Ben's the only one left and the others have actually GONE :shock:
I've heard of optimism but that takes the piss  Cheesy
redbullzeye