Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground redevelopment  (Read 19412 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 20:11:09 »

Cheesy
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 20:40:33 »

Ive always liked the rotation idea, and think it's entirely possible. Spurs are doing something similar moving their pitch over a hundred yards or so; their plans are really quite interesting.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 20:49:06 »

Didn't Wolves rotate their pitch? Or is it that they have the design to be ABLE to rotate it?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 21:12:25 »

They just built a stand behind an existing one I think
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 21:42:20 »

No, they definitely rotated it - when we played them in a League Cup game way back in the 70s, it was half way through the process. We were put on a terrace facing an empty space, with the match being played 50 yards to our left.
Even worse than that horrible stand at Maine Road!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 21:57:17 »

Reg will probably know
lunnyboy

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 22:26:03 »

Wolves never rotated their pitch . When they built their new stand in the late 70 s it was built directly behind the previous stand , a bit like what we done when the north stand was built . Their previous stand that was demolished was quite a large stand which is why there was a large expanse of turf from the new stand to the pitch , which was left like that for years until they finished redeveloping Molineux in the 1990 s .

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 22:28:46 »

looney is right on this one i think
lunnyboy

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 22:31:32 »

Loony sure is !!!!
flash

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 22:52:34 »

I don't understand why people are so keen to knock down the Arkell's stand.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 23:02:42 »

i dont get why people want to keep it
deltaincline

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 23:52:31 »

Rotating the pitch, knocking down the Arkell's stand, uncovering the cunting great mythical concourse that apparently exists within the depths of the Don Rogers stand, puttting a roof on the Bank.... 

A couple of questions for Andrew Fitton and the club board: If you do redevelop the ground, where do all the profits go from non matchday revenue and who ends up owning the redeveloped stadium and the surrounding infrastructure?

lunnyboy

« Reply #132 on: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 00:02:46 »

The Arkells is out of date , tatty and showing its age , if we are gonna have a redeveloped CG , why keep it ? , it would look out of place ! . It was a good stand in the 70 s and 80 s true , but in this day of modern smart stadia then no way ! , get rid of !! . There are no executive boxes etc either . We need a modern main stand with state of the art facilities , executive boxes , conference facilities etc to generate extra revenue . Knock it down first !!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 06:15:43 »

Rotating the pitch, knocking down the Arkell's stand, uncovering the cunting great mythical concourse that apparently exists within the depths of the Don Rogers stand, puttting a roof on the Bank.... 

A couple of questions for Andrew Fitton and the club board: If you do redevelop the ground, where do all the profits go from non matchday revenue and who ends up owning the redeveloped stadium and the surrounding infrastructure?

I would think that it's entirely reasonable to assume the profits would first go to the people that pumped the money into the redevelopment. As to who would own the ground, surely that would be STFH, as they would presumably be the ones buying it from the council?

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 07:17:41 »

I would think that it's entirely reasonable to assume the profits would first go to the people that pumped the money into the redevelopment. As to who would own the ground, surely that would be STFH, as they would presumably be the ones buying it from the council?

Spot on. End of the day football is a business and all business men want to make money.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: