Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: club statement on official website  (Read 18815 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:00:05 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~902605,00.html
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:25:39 »

interesting reading - I don't like the agressive tone of it in the slightest, nor the 'don't criticise our Mike or we'll scarper' threats, but at least its communication.

fact is, this is the first official club statement about MD's involvement in 5 years. No wonder there has been speculation.

Looking back at the whole issue as one, where did the rumours of the boardroom spit actually emanate from? they seemed so unanimous that we never got round to questioning it - i still smell a rat, especially going on the less-than-complimentary attitude the memo takes towards Devlin.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:25:52 »

interesting reading - I don't like the agressive tone of it in the slightest, nor the 'don't criticise our Mike or we'll scarper' threats, but at least its communication.

fact is, this is the first official club statement about MD's involvement in 5 years. No wonder there has been speculation.

Looking back at the whole issue as one, where did the rumours of the boardroom spit actually emanate from? they seemed so unanimous that we never got round to questioning it - i still smell a rat, especially going on the less-than-complimentary attitude the memo takes towards Devlin.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:30:18 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"

But from their point of view ... is it any less or worse than the aggressive tone used against them and Diamandis on places like this forum?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:34:11 »

Well quite, the board are right to put a stop the personal stuff against Diamandis. They'd do well to stop playing through the media accusations of unauthorised spending against Devlin too mind.

I don't see that they statement answers most of the questions. And I still think they need answering. Would also like a sattement from the other parties involved too, why couldn't they just issue a joint statement to shut most of the rumours up.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:34:29 »

Good point Chris - why wouldn't it be aggressive when terms like 'cnut' and 'parasite' have been aimed at certain people!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:34:58 »

Basically STFC_Bart is to blame if SSW does pull the plug  Cheesy
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:40:46 »

There's also a little bit midway down the page suggesting there was a meeting with a potential advisor this morning ...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:41:37 »

Thing is: it's one thing for people like Bart to talk about the rumours he's heard, it's another to slag people off in the public domain. Like someone pointed out earlier, until anything happens why go on a crusade to slander someone without any event or proof happening yet?

Nobody knows any facts and while dennis and Gus are still here all we can do is get behind them, starting with tomorrow night. If Wisey was to get on offer from somwhere else, then let's do our best to show him why he shouldn't leave.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:43:11 »

Quote from: "juddie"
Thing is: it's one thing for people like Bart to talk about the rumours he's heard, it's another to slag people off in the public domain. Like someone pointed out earlier, until anything happens why go on a crusade to slander someone without any event or proof happening yet?

Nobody knows any facts and while dennis and Gus are still here all we can do is get behind them, starting with tomorrow night. If Wisey was to get on offer from somwhere else, then let's do our best to show him why he shouldn't leave.

Exactly. I've been trying to say this all along. We know jack ... so let's take it all at face value until we know more.
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:43:18 »

I think thats the first time Ive seen Mike Diamindes' name on an STFC press release.

The main impression I got is that they are not taking the fans views so lightly anymore. Hopefully they can see that if they do survive there will be many many more questions asked of them than in the past.

That press release contradicts numerous ones they have put out before. To my mind they have lied profusely to us in the past, and theres no way you can take that statement as the whole truth. If you are prepared to wait for Power to come out then fair enough. But legal proceedings move massively slower than the football world............
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:43:43 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
There's also a little bit midway down the page suggesting there was a meeting with a potential investor this morning ...

Sorry - typo - I meant
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:45:31 »

It's understandable for people to be concerned - but I think the board share that concern. They ackowledge that losing BP's investment isn't ideal - and that new investment is needed - at least they're trying to do something about it.

Until shit happens get on with it - why worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet? Who goes through life with that attitude?

Just do what you can, invest if you can invest, support your team if not and sing your heart out and get on with it.
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:45:36 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Well quite, the board are right to put a stop the personal stuff against Diamandis. They'd do well to stop playing through the media accusations of unauthorised spending against Devlin too mind.

I don't see that they statement answers most of the questions. And I still think they need answering. Would also like a sattement from the other parties involved too, why couldn't they just issue a joint statement to shut most of the rumours up.

That would lay it all to bed once and for all.  

Understandably if Bill Power is not 100% he may not want to talk to the press but a short statement from his wife or business partner Phil Emmel would clear everything up.

Got to add it doesn’t look good for Mark Devlin either.  Previous quotes from Bob Holt in the press and the statement issued today by the club look like he is liable for the overspend in the budget and is going to face an internal investigation.  It doesn’t quite marry up though that he could be solely responsible, presumably there would have to be additional parties involved in negotiating and approving spending,  transfers and contracts.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 12:52:26 »

I'd like to think I've been careful enough not to slander anyone.  I've been party to some information, which has enabled me to reach a view on the situation.  I have remained open to receiving further information and will be attending a meeting tonight at the club.  I am also "known" in so far as I use my name, hence why I have been so careful.  Unfortunately, some of the information I have been unlucky enough to come by, is on a confidential basis.

Gradually bits begin to fall into place.

Originally the clubs position = no problems, everything as normal, get on with everyone

Changes to - Power leaving but just ill health and investment is fine because it's shares

Then a move to suggest Devlin agreed deals without the Board knowing (despite saying they completed them with their hard work)

Then further innuendo about Devlins role in not sticking to his authorised level.  All coming after it was "rumoured" his role was in trouble.

Board position changes again on Power, now it seems there is an issue over whether it's shares or not.

Board now reveal "rift" with Devlin in so far as an urgent investigation taking place.  Can stick to no boardroom rift because they go to pains to confirm Devlin and Power not considered as part of the Board.  Likeweise, neither is Diamandis on the Board, with whom the rumout had the rift being with.

Some people suggested the stcok answer would eventually be "we'll be off if you criticise and that'll leave you in the shit", which seems to be the ending sentiment in the statement.

The big issue surrounds Power and Devlin for me.  It's tough to shout down an official statement, because people will believeit in the absence of hard evidence to the contrary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: