Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Torquay Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26441 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 09:22:51 »

I was at work n not in my lucky trackies and away shirt. sorry.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:28:20 »

Out of interest, does anyone know who does the scouting now?

A few of our signings this season, Magera particularly, strike me as being signed on paper and perhaps not scouted all that much.

And what can we do to get Kerrouche back in the team? I'm seriously starting to think he'll be gone in a week.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:30:57 »

Darren lewis brother is one, and discodazr on twitter is another

Think he posts on here actually
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:32:30 »

Out of interest, does anyone know who does the scouting now?

A few of our signings this season, Magera particularly, strike me as being signed on paper and perhaps not scouted all that much.

And what can we do to get Kerrouche back in the team? I'm seriously starting to think he'll be gone in a week.

Isn't it agent Darren......Doncaster have a similar arangement, which they have made public whereby an agent does the deals and Saunders makes what he can of the players.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:35:14 »

Hopefully they can unearth the next Kasali Yinka Casal  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:37:26 »

Hopefully they can unearth the next Kasali Yinka Casal  Smiley

I'm waiting for the next Ibrahim Atiku...

I do think though that di Canio will go in for a spot of Barry Fry style transfer dealing in January...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 10:43:11 »

Didn't see the game so can't comment on specifics but it does sound like it wasn't the best performance.

At the end of the day though, it's still our first defeat in about 3 months and we didn't lose ground on too many other sides above us.

Seems from what I've seen recently and by many of the comments in the last few pages that up front is certainly our most pressing concern. The other 9 players in what seems our best XI pretty much pick themselves at this point, as long as we keep hold of Ritchie, Foderingham et al until at least the end of the season and PdC can sort out a consistent scoring front two - whether from players currently here or not - no reason we can't continue to improve and close in on the top 3 in the new year.

/festively optimistic post
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:11:01 »

My Torquay match report is now online on the Washbag, give it a read, let me know what you think:

http://thewashbag.com/2011/12/27/torquay-utd-1-swindon-0-town-lack-any-boxing-day-punch/

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:32:03 »

My Torquay match report is now online on the Washbag, give it a read, let me know what you think:

http://thewashbag.com/2011/12/27/torquay-utd-1-swindon-0-town-lack-any-boxing-day-punch/

Ridehalgh has signed til the end of the season...otherwise fine.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:33:02 »

Almost every team has a wobble or blip at some point.

Clearly it is a bit early to call this such a thing after 1 game, but if it is, all that counts is how we react. That Northampton game isn't as easy as it looked two days ago.  They had a good match against Burton. And we've already drawn with the Wombles home and away.

If we can pick up 4 points from them and also get a couple of good players when the window opens I think we'll be in good shape.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:44:28 »

Connell hasn't really delivered so I can understand one of the two starting. But it's a shame Karrouche isn't playing, whatever the reasons.

And although Di Canio seems to be learning from mistakes in some areas of management, in others he clearly isn't.  If as rumours suggest, Kerrouche being dropped is on the back of a training ground spat, it's a repeat of the Timlin and Clarke incidents (not fogetting the Flint scenario). 

It sounds as if Magera and Jervis were as poor yesterday as they were against Morecambe, so you also have to wonder why Connell and Murray weren't brought into the fray alot earlier? They must wonder what more they have to do to start a game when they are watching consistently shite performances up front.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:56:57 »

Almost every team has a wobble or blip at some point.

Clearly it is a bit early to call this such a thing after 1 game, but if it is, all that counts is how we react. That Northampton game isn't as easy as it looked two days ago.  They had a good match against Burton. And we've already drawn with the Wombles home and away.

If we can pick up 4 points from them and also get a couple of good players when the window opens I think we'll be in good shape.

Yep, every team does have a blip, its how they come back from the blip, under most managers at Swindon in the past when we have had a blip after a good run we crumble and go on a run of poor results for a while.

Under Paolo I feel that he will put more of a feeling of self belief into the players than many managers and the blip will be only a tiny blip and we will be back on winning ways at Norfamton, as they are STILL on a pretty shit run of results even after the change of management.

Harping back to the Macari championship winning season.....we lost our last game of the season on January the 4rd that year away at Tranmere and after that day we NEVER looked like losing games, and barely conceded many goals as well...very very much like this season.

Macari had the players wanting to play for each other, they were super fit and despite what some people say we did play some fantastic flowing football that season, very very much as we do this season. In fact we only conceded 15 goals after that Tranny loss that season, and this season we also have a great defence that will do the same.

I genuinely think we will get automatic promotion if not the championship of this division...it is in us to do this and with PdC's guidance I do thnk we can do it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:58:58 »

One game in sixteen is definitely not a blip. Cease with this senseless talk.

JJ - how many players did Macari use that season? I can't see us going unbeaten as long, or winning as many games, simply because di Canio is a bit of a tinkerman at the best of times and we have a large squad with players in and out of favour quite a lot.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:02:59 »

I can't see us going unbeaten as long, or winning as many games, simply because di Canio is a bit of a tinkerman at the best of times

Is he? Notwithstanding injuries or suspensions, the 'back 9' has hardly changed for two months - wf, lr, af, am, rc, rdv, js, sf, mr
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 12:07:40 »

Is he? Notwithstanding injuries or suspensions, the 'back 9' has hardly changed for two months - wf, lr, af, am, rc, rdv, js, sf, mr
Fair point but I've lost count of the number of different strike partnerships we've had - is it 11? You need a settled strike partnership to build up an understand not only with their partner (ooo err) but the players behind them as well.

but we've done alright without it, so perhaps I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: