Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 18503 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:02:52 »

Wasn’t my imagination then.
Definately not, poor by the ITV team that, if facts are stated they need to be checked, more so when there is an audience of millions.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:24:48 »

I thought they (commentators) claimed it was our biggest away win in x amount of years because they then talked about the last bigger away win involved Don Rogers scoring…

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:28:29 »

Town ace Remeao Hutton now has the most assists of any defender in the EFL and Europe's top five leagues
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:58:23 »

Town ace Remeao Hutton now has the most assists of any defender in the EFL and Europe's top five leagues
He’s had a good season stats wise and that can’t be argued with. I think a lot of the ‘grief’ he has got from fans is more to do with his attitude, his tweets trying to bait his own fans is hardly going to endear himself to people. He forced his way out of Barrow to come here I seem to remember so has a bit of form on this.

If we can get a bit of money for him that we can use on the team I’m not fussed whether he goes just because he seems a bit of a mercenary with a chip on his shoulder.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #244 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:29:48 »

I thought they (commentators) claimed it was our biggest away win in x amount of years because they then talked about the last bigger away win involved Don Rogers scoring…
I just rewatched it and he said exactly this...."The biggest away win in Swindons league history"

Hes wrong, it isn't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 12:37:29 »

I just rewatched it and he said exactly this...."The biggest away win in Swindons league history"

Hes wrong, it isn't.

Fair enough. I’m sure they mentioned something about ‘last time blah blah blah Don Rogers did something blah’ but was only half listening
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 19:00:41 »

Interesting opposition view:

https://sammymac.substack.com/p/afc-wimbledon-1-5-swindon-town

"The difference between Swindon and Wimbledon on Saturday afternoon is that they had a gameplan and we didn’t."

"Swindon knew where their teammates were going to be before they made a pass, because they had been coached how to play in their formation and had clearly practised passages of play."

"Their two wingers tormented us all afternoon, and were well supported with lots of passing options once they received the ball."

"Fair play to The Robins, they have nothing to play for this season and still sold out the away end and sang for 90 minutes. They put Salford and Crawley fans to shame."

"Much like earlier in the game when Ali had a small altercation with a Swindon defender and quickly found himself surrounded by opposition players, none of Jack’s teammates had his back."
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 21:15:36 »

D'Arcy confirmed on Instagram that Charlie gave him the penalty kick.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 22:08:57 »

D'Arcy confirmed on Instagram that Charlie gave him the penalty kick.

…not sure it needed confirming. We all saw Charlie do it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 00:42:53 »

Was a touch of class from Austin [Charlie] though <3

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 07:20:30 »

Nice ground and good away day but has to be the worst catering ever, no food ready and no choice.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:20:12 »

Nice ground and good away day but has to be the worst catering ever, no food ready and no choice.

Did you arrive early or late?

We got there before two o’clock & there was plenty of food, however they were incredibly slow serving, hence quite big queues.

I wonder if they just underestimated how much they were going to need
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:42:46 »

How shit must you be we're winning away🤣

This reminded me actually. I found this quite an odd chant (and yes, I know we have been absolutely bobbins both home and away recently) as over the course of the season haven't actually been that bad away from home. In fact our record is W7 D7 L8 which is the 10th best in the division. It's a chant that I do like, but it's usually reserved for those terrible sides that haven't won away in a very long time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:44:35 »

This reminded me actually. I found this quite an odd chant (and yes, I know we have been absolutely bobbins both home and away recently) as over the course of the season haven't actually been that bad away from home. In fact our record is W7 D7 L8 which is the 10th best in the division. It's a chant that I do like, but it's usually reserved for those terrible sides that haven't won away in a very long time.

What's funny about that chant on Saturday is we've won more games away than Stevenage who we play tomorrow😀

PS Tight at the top of the prediction league Bob adje breathing down your neck!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:47:13 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 08:50:04 »

Was a touch of class from Austin [Charlie] though <3

Just gotta hope that wasn’t his last chance to score in front of the Town fans.
Massive assumption on my part but think if Austin knows he’s only got two games left in a Town shirt (if he gets picked) he selfishly (well not that selfish he is our penalty taker) takes it in front of the Town faithful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: