Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC - V - Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38104 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:31:18 »

Did they present the POTY award? Not seen it mentioned anywhere.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:31:50 »

Did they present the POTY award? Not seen it mentioned anywhere.

I'm sure McCormack collected something before the game.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:38:20 »

Alan Mac got the Arkells player of the month award.  Understand all other awards will be presented next Sunday.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:39:28 »

A bit of an emotional one for me today, as you know my Dad died a few weeks ago, his name was read out before the minutes silence, he would of loved it today. He took me to my first game when I was about 8 and together we had some fucking great days watching the Town and plenty of not so good ones. Today was one of the best just gutted he is not here to share with me and his Grandson.

He is there in spirit....heard his name and that of the others.

Swindon till i die.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 11:02:08 »

What a day.

When I saw Storey in the squad I said to a mate, this could be another 6-0 even Ben Joyce scored type day... So close!

The nerves were evident during the first half as Port Vale showed themselves to be quite a good side. One of the better passing teams to come down here this season. Even so, they were a petty, whinging team, ready to chuck themselves to the floor.

Bostock put in another good display and set things up for a great day with that cut back to Ritchie and what a fantastic strike from the main man this season.

2nd half, we finally put someone to the sword just as Paolo had been hoping we'd do all season and what a day to do it. Once the 2nd goal went in the confidence just oozed out of us and made my resounding 3-0 prediction look somewhat conservative.

Looks like you all got shit faced last night. Good.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fatbasher

« Reply #365 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 11:21:36 »

So over the 46 league games and numerous cup games we reach the end of the season, Bradford away excluded of course.

I said on this forum that we would win the league before the season started, I never wavered from that belief even when challenged by my work colleagues and Oxford based customers and anyone ELSE who felt it their place to question MY team, a team they never ever watched. I also predicted that once we hit top spot we would not relinquish that position and so it came to pass.

Highlights, pah, where do i start?

City, away. Beating all our "serious" competition whenever they came to challenge us. Beating higher league opponents in the three cups comps and getting to Wembley in the process. Ok so we were beaten but importantly for me was we did not lose to a better team and the lads and Paolo did not allow it to derail our ultimate goal of winning the div 2 championship. We also secured the Ronnie Radford award for our result against Wigan.

Yesterday was of course another highlight.

Low points. Not even losing the the scum, funnily enough, disappointed? Yes of course but I always felt that they flattered to deceive and we worked ourselves up into a stupor over beating them as if that was the one most important thing to happen all season above all else. Like they did about us and now it looks like that is all they have to crow about. Would you want to swap places with them? Me neither, they are where they are for a reason.

My four away league games, Shrewsbury, Macclesfield, Torquay and Aldershot all ended up in defeats but I never felt we would not get what we deserved.

Everyone from the Chairman down have played an intrinsic part in my enjoyment of this year. I hope that when I secure the two seats next to me on Tuesday as season tickets for my son and wife I can get closure on what has been one of the most enjoyable season I can ever remember.

I remember the relegation from the old 2nd division to the 3rd circa early 70's then the slide to the 4th the revival under Macari, premiership and back to the fourth up to the 3rd under sturrock and well you know the rest. Yes like a lot of the supporters my age who have hung around I've seen it all pretty much. I do think with the current board we have better foundations than we have ever had to go on an cement a permanent place in the championship. The ground redevelopment is paramount in that plan as we need more income and bigger gates to compete.

Onwards and upwards my fellow reds.
Faringdonred

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 11:51:29 »

To be honest I am not really into that heaven stuff,when your dead your dead,  however he was in my thoughts the whole game so I suppose he was there in a small way . Smiley

I felt the same way, especially during the roll call. He's been gone nearly three years now but I know he'd have a huge big smile on his face had he been here. Here's to all the dads who took us to our first games all those years ago Pint
stfcinbmth

« Reply #367 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 11:55:27 »

Here's to all the dads who took us to our first games all those years ago Pint

Or grand-dads  Pint
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 12:09:01 »

Yesterday was ace. Easily my best day following the town!

Bring on league 1!
sn5_red

« Reply #369 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 12:13:51 »

I felt the same way, especially during the roll call. He's been gone nearly three years now but I know he'd have a huge big smile on his face had he been here. Here's to all the dads who took us to our first games all those years ago Pint

Yes this
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 12:19:36 »

A bit of an emotional one for me today, as you know my Dad died a few weeks ago, his name was read out before the minutes silence, he would of loved it today. He took me to my first game when I was about 8 and together we had some fucking great days watching the Town and plenty of not so good ones. Today was one of the best just gutted he is not here to share with me and his Grandson.
Very pleased that it was a day that your dad would have enjoyed, I wish I was there too but at least my dad was there, albeit 4 foot under the Town End goal!

Without my dads nagging I would never have become a Swindon Town fan, I am so glad your son has become a Town fan too Dan keep it going through the generations.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 12:53:01 »

It was the other way round for me! I was on L plates and the only way I could get to a Colchester away match at Layer Road was taking my dad. It was late in the 85/86 title season and we had amazing support, plenty of pushing and shoving, police dogs etc - great atmosphere. He hasn't been since !! His loss, not mine!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 13:40:12 »

Yes

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
fatbasher

« Reply #373 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 14:18:29 »

How remiss of me, I forgot the roll call when I last posted.

It sent shivers down my spin that did, a wonderful and fitting tribute to the fans of, in many cases yesteryear. To those who's lives had been cut short and of course their relatives like WR5. Lest we forget also Paolo's mater and pater. A fitting tribute to them all,well done the town for recognising them.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 14:25:30 »

Has anyone got/ found any video of singing  stand up for the champions?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: