Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: drum & bass  (Read 1551 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 19:06:40 »

opinions?

i love it.

there's some decent free streaming mixes here:

http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/listen/listen-djmixes.html

i've only listened to the roni size one but that was awesome.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 19:08:14 »

i quite like drum and bass, til bout an hour of hearing it, where i proceed to get bored and therefore get more pissed
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 20:00:27 »

Wouldn't normally listen to it on an evening but for club music it's not bad.

What ever happened to jungle? :|

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 20:05:13 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

that's early drum and bass. what d&b originated from and encompassed.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 20:05:13 »

I love drum and bass more and more all the time. Just been listening to it for about the last hour.

At first I hated it but I didn't know much about it, started getting into it around 5 years ago when my mate started djing at house parties, he's fucking good now and has supported Nicky Blackmarket whose one of the best known djs.

Last couple of years it has grown on me hugely, you have to see it live to really appreciate it. One of the great things about drum and bass is that it's very popular among 18-25 year old women who tend to be exceptionally fit.

High Contrast is the best dj, I've seen him three times and he's always incredible he was so good on new years eve it was unbelievable.

Andy C is also well weapon and DJ Zinc was superb on monday.

Anything on Hospital records is generally up with the best stuff. I may be going to see some of their djs tonight if my housemate finishes his coursework.

Bens Top 10 Drum and Bass Tunes

1. High Contrast - Racing Green - Lovely bass line and catchy hook.  

2. High Contrast - When the lights go down - Been desperately trying to get hold of this for months. I've finally got a live version off a mixtape. This + a fit girl to dance with is the perfect combination.

3. Andy C - Valley of the Shadows - Seminal drum and bass Classic

4. DJ Zinc - Super Sharp Shooter - Another classic I think of this as Super Sammy Parkin's theme tune

5. Adam F Remixed by Orgin Unkown ft. M.O.P - Stand Clear - The bass in this is pure sex.

6. Roni Size - Brown Paper Bag - Another classic.

7. Clipz - Slippery Slopes -  Lovely organ sound in this. I use this as my ringtone, about the only one I have ever found one that isn't irritating.

8. M.I.S.T. - 3 AM - Soulful drum and bass at its finest

9. High Contrast remixing Streets - It's too late - One of the best remixes ever. So much so that the original doesn't sound right after you've heard this.

10. The Calling - Technical Itch and Kemal -  Fast Paced explosive track.

So many more though. Tali - A lyric on my lip is another classic and  Roni Size - Hi Potent. There's a few that I always hear played but I'm not sure what they're called.

Technical Bitch or Technical Itch as he's usually known is my mates uncle.

Incidentally if anyone knows whether there's any drum and bass nights coming up at the Brunel Rooms, especially in the week after easter let me know. My drum and bass girl Laura wants to meet up for some drum and bass fuelled fun.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 20:08:18 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
Quote from: "dazzza"

that's early drum and bass. what d&b originated from and encompassed.

One of the first proper clubs I went to was a Jungle club with a few older chaps.  Fuck me it was an eye opener, I was 16 at the time and surrounded by scantily clad black women all grinding breastage in my face.

Jungle is massssssssssive

Amir

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 17, 2005, 20:41:01 »

Drum and bass is superb live, not too sure about listening too it otherwise though.

I remember trying to leave Powerhouse in Bristol several times one night , but everytime we got up to go the vibrations in the floor drew us back too the dancefloor :\/
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 09:06:39 »

Ringo and McCartney were ok i guess.
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 09:28:55 »

I hate drum and bass. It pushed me into a murderous rage when living with my sister, wjo took great pride in belting it out at 40 million decibels.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 10:40:53 »

Bill baileys drum and bush ain't bad....  Soapy Tit Wank
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 10:51:19 »

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 11:47:38 »

for me it's a bit like paris hilton, i can see why people like her, she aint top of the list, but i still probably would.

officially blacker than the night.
Man of Steel

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 12:33:52 »

Hate what most people consider to be Drum & Bass, with it being "underground" and shit.

Like the good stuff which no one really listens to as the bass isn't loud and boring enough. Nice, melodic and airy shit, with less of the over 'verbed snares.

Moving shadow (the older stuff), reinforced records, good looking records, cadence... Thats the good stuff, although most new DnB is arse, even on those labels, just listen to Bukem now??? He was once a god of the music.
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 12:35:12 »

I'd just like to make the point that drum and bass is prime chav music.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 18, 2005, 12:43:17 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I'd just like to make the point that drum and bass is prime chav music.

This is a myth you barely get any chavvy types at drum and bass events, they tend to be far more into cheesy dance/pop garage/blazing squad/american r&b (J-lo, Ja Rule etc.).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: