Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Robbie Savage  (Read 1470 times)
Hexagon

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 12:03:40 »

Any one see the interview with him and some guy from BBC Wales on Sky Sports News last night.

Savage slagging of John Toshack, saying we would not select him and if a different manager was in charge he would be selected.
Very funny interview savage made a plank of himself.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 12:07:30 »

its true though,he should be in their side
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 12:09:49 »

Like they said in the interview though he shouldn't keep throwing his toy out his pram.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 15:31:13 »

he admitted he's thrown his toys out of the pram, but to be honest who wouldn't get a bit pissed off at not being able to play for your national side when you're good enough.
danny121

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 15:43:25 »

http://images.radcity.net/6276/1346052.mp3 - have a listen, pretty funny, they both get relly pissed off and the other bloke nearly ends up in tears
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 15:46:20 »

Robbie Savage: We're (Blackburn) fifth in the league, playing for a manager (Mark Hughes) who took that Wales team from nowhere to one game away from a European Championship tournament, and all John Toshack and yourself could do was criticise him because you had a hidden agenda to get John Toshack the job. How can a man walk away from the Wales job, years ago, after four days, then get the job? It amazes me.

Leighton James: Hang on a minute. Who's talking about walking away now, when you've done exactly the same thing?

RS: Walk away? The man phoned me and said I wasn't in the squad.

LJ: For one game.

RS: One game? It wasn't for one game. You've got it wrong.

LJ: Well, either you're a liar or John Toshack is.

RS: It was two games.

LJ: All he said was you're not in the present squad, okay? And then what happened? The story came out, right, I retire.

RS: I apologised.

LJ: Not to him personally you haven't.

RS: How can I? How can I?

LJ: What?

RS: How can a modern-day manager not have a mobile phone?

LJ: Why should he?

RS: What?

LJ: Why should he? You want to get hold of John Toshack, do you? Who sits across from you in the dressing room every single day. Why can't you get a number off Craig Bellamy?

RS: (Beginning to shout) What number? What number? I spoke to Craig. I spoke to Roy Evans at Man U. He said he'd take me back.

LJ: Have you had a rejection from Toshack?

RS: Not one word, not one word.

LJ: Have you written to him?

RS: (shouting) Written to him? Are we back at school now? I'm prepared to do anything I can!

LJ: (shouting) Do it, then.

RS: I will do it!

LJ: You've had six months to do that.

RS: While he is manager of the Wales team, I will never play for Wales again. I know that. When Wales do not qualify and John Toshack is not manager, the next manager will pick me, if I'm still playing at the top level. Fact.

LJ: You'll be playing? How old are you? 31?

RS: I'm 31.

LJ: You'll be playing when you're 36?

RS: I don't think John Toshack will be the Wales manager for five years.

Afterwards, in an interview with the South Walers Echo, James said:

"I have never met Robbie and if I did we'd probably get on well and have a chat.

"I am not having a go at him personally, how can I? I've never met him, so it can't be personal.

"In fact if I did meet him I probably buy him a glass of wine and we would have a more detailed conversation and we would probably get on.

"But people must realise I get paid to have an opinion and with 54 caps, of which I am proud of every single one of them, I think it's fair enough to say my opinions have some weight behind them.

"I have commented that football today is more about ball retention, less a contact sport, more passing is involved, keeping your shape and staying on your feet more.

"That is not having a go at Robbie. It's what a central midfield player is all about at international level.'

"There are no grey areas with me and sometimes people don't like that, but that's the way it is. Robbie says that he has done everything in his power to contact Tosh but has he?

"Has he written, has he gone down to the team hotel, and if Tosh does not have a mobile phone has he chased up trying to get Tosh's home number?"
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 15:50:36 »

My favorite parts "Written to him? Are we back at school now?" and "How can a modern-day manager not have a mobile phone? "
I think there were more bits.
Something about driving all the way down there.
danny121

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 15:53:38 »

The best bit was when the bloke started sulking at the end cos he thought he was being picked on
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 11:22:30 »

awesome

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: