Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: david graham?  (Read 1938 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:17:03 »

wigan just signed brett ormerod on loan with a view to a permanent deal. if parkin does go in the summer (or thursday  Shocked ) and wigan make the premiership you recon kingy could ask his mate paul jewell for some sort of deal on him? hasnt really had a run in the team this year and only scored 1 i think but would be a good replacement for parkin..

thinking about it, he probably would drop lower than the championship. any other parkin replacement ideas?
what about calvin zola who hasnt seen much action for the possibly promoted tranmere, we already know king likes him.

officially blacker than the night.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:18:37 »

andy kirk? jon parkin?
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:24:48 »

I'd get Gary Alexander back. Give him some decent service, he'll get goals.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:32:42 »

haha yeh right dave!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 14:40:57 »

shaun goater aint allowed to play for reading anymore, i reckon he could be a good short term replacement.   :?

other than that jon parkin sounds good - at least people will still be able to wear 'parkin 9' shirts
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 16:11:58 »

Gary Alexander?Huh?Huh??? Please God no!

I'd also thought of Jon Parkin

Also,

Lee Trundle (I know loads of people will hate that one, well fuck all of you!)
Kenny Deuchar (85 goals his season with Gretna and he's a full time brain surgeon or something)

Lee Boyland (180 goals in 3 seasons with Canvey)

Michael Reddy??

That's all I can think of right now.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 16:13:24 »

oh yeah micheal reddy. but they (Grimsby) wont to get rid of him as they are in debt
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 16:22:32 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
I'd get Gary Alexander back. Give him some decent service, he'll get goals.

Mr Blackcurrent, thats the worst comment you've ever made on here or on thisisstfc :roll:
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 17:53:35 »

I'd get Freddy Eastwood on board
Dazzza

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 21, 2005, 22:19:14 »

King seems to be better suited taking players down the league than he has been plucking them out of obscurity.

Problem is that most Prem clubs are still placing so much stock on youngsters that those gems coming down are increasingly harder to find.  Strikers being amongst the hardest, if they are scoring goals at reserve or even youth level most are catching the eye and normally have some value attached.

Even then with the likes of Slabber you have the potential that they may not quite work out as planned despite their rep.

Looking back at Parkin seemed it seemed a big case of Chelsea having so much talent up front and in reserve that it was unlikely he would be getting a chance any time soon.  Quite  stroke of luck given his record out on loan (bar the blip and Wycombe) and at reserve level that we ever got him quite so cheap.

Only two top clubs that I can see a possible situation arising at the moment is once again Chelsea and possibly the Arse who are signing a lot of foreign youngsters with ready made league experience rather than develop the old home grown.  Arguably Utd as well however in their case they seem to rarely get it wrong and those that do get released often have rather an inflated value attached.

Talking cash and ready made though I'd agree with Jon Parkin, possibly take a look at Luke Rodgers but his record this season has been a bit crap and if the price was right Luke Beckett.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: