Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tough start to 2010  (Read 1691 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 22:25:46 »

Just looking at the fixtures for Jan/Feb and we've got some tough games. I personally think we will struggle to maintain top 6 but think top 10 is realistic, depending on personal changes in Jan we may do better. In our first 7 league games of 2010 we have Franchise, Soton and Huddersfield away and Leeds and Charlton at Home. With the Gills and Southend padding out the other two i think we'd do well to get 4 wins from these 7!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 22:26:36 »

fear no one.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 28, 2009, 22:27:46 »

The Southampton game will almost certainly be postponed, as it is FA Cup 4th round day. They are odds on to beat Luton, and you never know, we could always cause an upset yet Wink
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 08:35:03 »

For a change i reckon all those sides will be looking at playing us and thinking they are in for a tough time. No reason whatsoever that we cant pick up something from all those games.
dell boy

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 09:24:06 »

For a change i reckon all those sides will be looking at playing us and thinking they are in for a tough time. No reason whatsoever that we cant pick up something from all those games.

Totally agree, we are the team most would want to avoid on current form.
Sheffield Red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 12:45:23 »

Given in our last 11 games in all competitions we have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 1 other teams will indeed be more worried about us than we should be about them.

Strangely our most important game so far this season was probably a reserve match at Reading when we won 4-1 and Paynter and Austin got 2 each. Prior to that we had the clinical partnership of Revell and Hutchinson playing but that reserve game convinced Danny to bring back Paynter on the Saturday (he got 2 at Tranmere which was the first game of the run of 11 mentioned above) and Charlie started the next league game after that at Carlisle and the the rest is history.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 12:56:13 »

Our next 3 games are all winnable, MK's home form isn't that good and they're on a bad run while Gillingham and Stockport are teams we should be beating. Then the Southampton game will most likely be postponed.

So by the time the harder matches come along we might have a few points to play with. Besides as others have said, not many teams will be looking forward to playing us at the moment especially if our form continues.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 16:52:09 »

The Southampton game will almost certainly be postponed, as it is FA Cup 4th round day. They are odds on to beat Luton, and you never know, we could always cause an upset yet Wink

I'd actually prefer the Southampton game to be midweek anyway.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 16:53:31 »

If we can't beat Gillingham (who have taken just 2 points from all of their away games this season) and Stockport (they've lost 10 in a row now) then i'll be really shocked. This is STFC though. There are some tough games coming up. If we have a good month though we have every chance of finishing in the top 6.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 16:57:29 »

If we can't beat Gillingham (who have taken just 2 points from all of their away games this season) and Stockport (they've lost 10 in a row now) then i'll be really shocked.

Theres tempting fate right there!  Cheesy

(Although I do agree with you!)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 17:10:49 »

Yeah I kind of realised after I posted it. Oops.
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 17:16:45 »

Where are the weak links in our team? If we can keep everyone fit we shouldnt fear anyone, scouts can come and watch, but they wont find many weak links.

As for Gills, we want 10!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: