Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pertol Prices (boycott)  (Read 7406 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 19:21:33 »

Dave you boffin  Cool

I got relatively decent grades 9 A-C and a GNVQ, but i ended up making dildos for 3 years. Beat that suckers!!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:10:02 »

I did shit at GCSE and then dropped out of college but I don't think i've totally fucked my life up.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:15:16 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
That is what I am trying to say Dave , tell me what grades are relevant though at school Maths yes of course but that was my poorest grade by a mile I now work in finance so was that relevant? English what the fuck has Shakespear got to do with me getting a job?

I understand that grades are relevant to get onto certain courses that is fine but it is what your are tested on I don’t understand the relevance of

I get what you're trying to say, i answered a question today in one of my finals on whether geography matters. Clearly it matters to the students, teachers, lecturers etc whom teach/learn about the subject - a closed public for the subject. But beyond that the individual perceptions of subjects is wide ranging that does it matter if they are irrelevant? Getting really deep, does anything really matter - its up to the kid to make what they want from the world.

Someone has already said that kids get to go to college twice a week or whatever, that was the case when i was at school and from what i know it has benefitted them. On the flip side though, because they didn't excel at school is it really teachers putting them down or parents not encouraging their children to do well at school that makes them not try at school?
cib

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:17:32 »

double postage
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:34:31 »

Educations been fucked up since the 60's really hasn't it. Abolishing the grammar, technical and the other kind (i forgot what it was called) in favour of the flat rate comprehensive schools we have now benefit no-one. The academically gifted are held back by those not, and those more suited to vocational type course are fecked by the curriculum. We should go back to the way it was in the 50's, but show the technichal schools a bit more respect. This happens a bit in higher education in swindon at the moment: new college does A-levels, and swindon college is more technically based. It needs to be more widespread though to have any great effect.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:38:36 »

Quote from: "cib"
Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
That is what I am trying to say Dave , tell me what grades are relevant though at school Maths yes of course but that was my poorest grade by a mile I now work in finance so was that relevant? English what the fuck has Shakespear got to do with me getting a job?

I understand that grades are relevant to get onto certain courses that is fine but it is what your are tested on I don’t understand the relevance of

Getting really deep, does anything really matter - its up to the kid to make what they want from the world.

To quote Captain Beefheart.....The stars are matter. We are matter. It doesn't matter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 20:43:39 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Educations been fucked up since the 60's really hasn't it. Abolishing the grammar, technical and the other kind (i forgot what it was called) in favour of the flat rate comprehensive schools we have now benefit no-one. The academically gifted are held back by those not, and those more suited to vocational type course are fecked by the curriculum. We should go back to the way it was in the 50's, but show the technichal schools a bit more respect. This happens a bit in higher education in swindon at the moment: new college does A-levels, and swindon college is more technically based. It needs to be more widespread though to have any great effect.

I'd argue against your proposition with some vehemence, if I could be arsed, which I can't.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 21:18:59 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"

It had good points in terms of people doing things they are suited to, but it wasn't always successful. For instance, my mum was at the top end of the comprehensive and really struggled with school because she found it easy and too slow. I think that was the reason she couldn't stand it and quit when she started doing A-levels
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 21:47:47 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Quote from: "ronnie21"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I know what your saying mate, my english teacher made my maths teacher hold me back instead of letting me do what I was good at (numbers) fucking slut

being serious, they should introduice working methods/experience into schools
Well, BB, your english teacher didn't do much for your spelling!! Wink

Ah ronnie, I can spell just type far too quickly.  Didn't I write a rather good email or two to your company bosses praising you but at the same time slating them? The english on that was perfect.

Yes you did mate, we'll call it a draw!! Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: