Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: brasilian grand prix  (Read 5623 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 08:06:25 »

I think it would be an embarassment (sp?) if Hamilton won the world title on a technicality.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 08:58:48 »

How can they protest? Alonso finished third in the same car with presumably the same fuel? Are McClaren admitting to using illegal fuel on only one of their cars? Best just accept defeat and admit that Hamilton fucked up royaly on the first lap.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 09:08:05 »

But Alonso isn't involved in the Fuel saga, its BMW and Williams.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth in his Williams while the BMW duo of Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld were fifth and sixth.

Its those three drivers who allegedly breached fuel regulations.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 09:50:04 »

Loving the FIA turning yet another blind eye to something that aids ferrari. The ferraris were completely head and shoulders above yesterday, but if there was wrong-doing further down the grid, it should be dealt with.

fair enough to mclaren for contesting the decision, bmw and williams have been bitching and winging all season about the super aguris and any other teams they could to try and get the results overturned. grrrrrrr

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 09:53:33 »

I have a couple of questions.

Why was their fuel illegal?

What punishment have they already received?

Is this really sport?  I really don't think it is.  F1 is awful nowadays.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 10:07:40 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Why was their fuel illegal?

Something to do with the temperature. It was colder therefore one full BMW tank could fuel the car for longer than one full McLaren tank.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 10:27:10 »

Really, how clever's that?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 10:36:10 »

fuel is denser at cooler temperatures so you can refuel quicker and it can give you 5-10 extra horsepower. In these cases it was a matter ot 2-4 degrees so the difference would be negligible. Still broke the rules but wouldn't have affected the outcome.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 12:44:39 »

Given that both Maclaren drivers had been caught with Ferrari data, it is a bit hypocritical of them to complain

I come from a land down-under
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 12:45:47 »

Quote from: "axs"
fuel is denser at cooler temperatures so you can refuel quicker and it can give you 5-10 extra horsepower. In these cases it was a matter ot 2-4 degrees so the difference would be negligible. Still broke the rules but wouldn't have affected the outcome.

0.2 of a lap quicker apparently........
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 13:01:18 »

Does anyone have any more info about the gearbox gremlin that effectively ended Hamilton's chances?  All I can find is it went into neutral then fixed itself about 20 seconds later.  It's sounds dodgy as hell to me, usually if the gearbox goes AWOL that's it for the race.  Conspiracy theories welcome Cool
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 13:24:08 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Given that both Maclaren drivers had been caught with Ferrari data, it is a bit hypocritical of them to complain

Not strictly true, it was never proved that the drivers were aware of the Ferrari documents or data related to them, and nor was it proved that the data was put to any use.

It was proved however that all of McLaren's design ideas were original and also proved that Ferrari won the Australian Grand Prix with an illegal car for which they were never docked points.

I think McLaren are only trying to make a point with the FIA more than anything else.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 14:04:34 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I think it would be an embarassment (sp?) if Hamilton won the world title on a technicality.

True, but rules are rules and Mclaren are well within their rights to appeal.

Although if I were Hamilton I wouldn't be disheartened by his finish to the season. For a rookie, he was fucking superb this season and he will only get better.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 14:30:23 »

Quote from: "ghanimah"
Quote from: "Dachauer"

Not strictly true, it was never proved that the drivers were aware of the Ferrari documents or data related to them, and nor was it proved that the data was put to any use.

It was proved however that all of McLaren's design ideas were original and also proved that Ferrari won the Australian Grand Prix with an illegal car for which they were never docked points.

I think McLaren are only trying to make a point with the FIA more than anything else.

Sorry, what I meant was the Maclaren team not drivers.
No action to affect the drivers championships will be taken. Points off BMW and Williams constructors likely if any action at all taken

I come from a land down-under
flammableBen

« Reply #74 on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 14:55:51 »

Nobody's a winner. Not until they bring in the midgets on zoo animals.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: