Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tonights England XI Confirmed  (Read 4792 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:17:31 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

SWP was the worst culprit for my money - he had so many oportunities to just knock the ball past the full-back into the space behind him and just outpace him, but he just didn't bother, always trying to outskill the guy.

I thought he played damn well to be honest, much better than Beckham.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:17:51 »

I've not lost interest in football, just a little faith in it I suppose. Sad
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:19:19 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "Kinky Tom"

SWP was the worst culprit for my money - he had so many oportunities to just knock the ball past the full-back into the space behind him and just outpace him, but he just didn't bother, always trying to outskill the guy.

I thought he played damn well to be honest, much better than Beckham.

Oh don't get me wrong he had a decent enough game, but I've seen him play much, much better, and be much more explosive.  He just needed to be a little more direct I thought.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:25:54 »

I'm obviously still interested in us though Smiley Its just other games,[ i.e any on the t.v],that i would have watched in the past with real interest,just seem a bit pointless and redundant.I'm not sure if its because of us or if its just old age Smiley .

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:38:01 »

i didn't really get angry, apart from at joe cole in the first half but then he improved in patches.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:53:04 »

I really don't think the criticism of Beckham is fair.
People seem to hat ethe guy just because he isn't the best player in the world. Owen went through the same recently but it seems to be coming to an end. Perhaps its because we don't see them playing every week?

Now Owen is at Newcastle people are saying how great he is again.

I don't think you can compare SWP and Becks because they are so different. Becks and Neville owrk so well on the right, helping and covering for eachother, and Beckham has the ability to pick out amazing passes.
On the other hand, SWP has the pace to get in behind the full backs and cause problems that way. It just depends how you want to play and to some extent who else is in the team.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 15:54:38 »

Beckham believed his own hype for far too long - he forgot football was a team game.  He's been cracking for Real this season though.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 16:26:33 »

In my opinion there are three reasons we did so much better last night.I know people are split on Beckham but last night we had a wide player who ran at the full back with pace and skill,yhis puts defenders on the back foot-when Beckham plays there any full back knows he's not gonna do that.Secondly the fact that King played so well in the holding role encouraged Lampard to get forward and play with the confidence he has lacked in recent internationals.Thirdly,when Beckham plays,we give the ball away far too cheaply cos he's always attempting 50,60 even 70 yard balls which look great when they come off but only 50-60% of them ever do.Passing last night was much shorter and compact and more effective.Thing is Beckham and Gerrard will come straight back in and on last night's evidence thats wrong

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 18:08:54 »

We play better with Beckham not in the team I think.

Oh and the Jocks suddenly think they are world beaters after they beat Slovenia 3-0 last night in a dead game. Gimps!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: