Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tonights England XI Confirmed  (Read 4791 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:05:48 »

come and join us, come and join us...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:08:40 »

I think I want the Swiss to beat the Irish because France will have a harder task to qualify.

I'd laugh for many minutes if the mighty French fail to qualify... That would mean commentators in 2010 can say (if France qualify) the last time the French scored in a World Cup is in 1998 and that was the World Cup Final (Petit)

I'll get my sheepskin coat.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:11:09 »

No surprises, but were you expecting anything to change dramatically?

There is nothing I want more than for England to go out there tonight and prove that Sven is worthy of his job.
If they don't win, however, then serious questions might be asked.

POLAND are NOT are not a good team!

PS Good luck to the Irish, would love a good old World Cup drubbing to be handed out by the England boys, and it really wouldn't be too exciting if it was against israel! Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:19:09 »

Do you think that England are capable of "drubbing" Ireland at the moment then?  Honestly.

And the "on their day" answers not acceptable as "on their day" pretty much any side in the world could beat any other.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:20:32 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Do you think that England are capable of "drubbing" Ireland at the moment then?  Honestly.

And the "on their day" answers not acceptable as "on their day" pretty much any side in the world could beat any other.

they would drub belarus though wouldn't they Jan?

unlike some teams  Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:21:48 »

Would they???  Really.  They'd probably win by the odd goal, but I doubt they'd drub them.

I'd say that Scotland would fancy beating Northern Ireland, but you never know.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:22:58 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/wembley/wembleysupp/wembgazz.jpg

oh yes
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:25:04 »

those were the days a Jan?  
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:27:21 »

Bloody hell fella's let's start harping on about our premiership days next, anything to take our minds of the shit that's going on right now.

Good result that for England, played poorly but got the result.  Fair play.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:28:51 »

I honestly think that this England team is capable of beating anybody.

We've only seen them play crap opposition lately. I reckon tonight is the night they will prove people wrong. Even without Beckham (who IS STILL the best player in the team) they have a great side with Campbell, Carragher, Lampard, Gerrard, Owen and the "Blue"

All they need is a kick up the arse!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:32:28 »

I'd say that's a fair assessment of the situation R4E.  The side are clearly lacking in organisation and motivation.  Not sure that Sven's capable of getting the most out of his players though.  Bobby Robson managed to get england to the semi's on pride and motivation, his 90 side weren't that great on paper.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:32:31 »

thats why Sven should go! get Stuart Pearce in now! at least he will have us playing with passion
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:34:06 »

I would agree that Sven isn't the best man for the job, by a long chalk.  I still think Martin O'Neill will be approached for it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:37:35 »

Will be approached, but not sure he would take it to be honest, and even then, interbational football is so different.

Not to say he wouldn't do the job though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:52:37 »

I fuckin hope those Israelli bastards don't get through.  My mate reckons that if Germany, Israel, Japan and USA were drawn in the same group (I know it wouldn't happen) it should be called "the group of death".

Seems to me a case of kismet that Israel will qualify for Germany.

Also all this bollocks about England having a wonderful side....what we have got is a number of decent players who mostly cover the same two or three positions.......what we don't have is balance....its a  team game and our team is less than the sum of its parts.

v Austria we didn't have a single left footed player,  and at the moment only Ashley Cole is missing....this is something Sven has been unable to find an answer to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: