Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norway V England  (Read 8587 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:19:55 »

Any idea which players rejected the chance to be on the England stand-by list?

Carrick.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:21:12 »

A simple answer. No

I won't be watching any of it

Fair do's, each to their own

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:23:04 »

Great first touch by Oxlaide Chamberlain

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:25:24 »

Great first touch by Oxlaide Chamberlain

should be one of the first names on the team sheet imo.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:25:52 »

The kid just wants to play football. A great talent.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:46:15 »

Second half went flat, as these friendlies always do.  I'm not sure we learned anything new from the game - apart from the fact that he continued with the 4 2-3-1 formation.  I think his biggest decision for the beginning of the tournament might be the three behind the main striker.  Young looks good in the middle, but that probably means Downing on the left.  I would like him to be bold and go with Young on the left, Walcott on the right and Oxlaide Chamberlain in the middle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:51:45 »

I forgot this was on and only remembered on the way to see The Dictator. Doh.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:59:24 »

At times Carroll and Young linked up pretty well but after Gerrard went off there was no link between the back and front, cant play both Parker and Barry IMO.

Good to see Ox get his debut and thought jagielka played well, especially considering he knows he isnt in the sqaud
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 20:59:44 »

under roy england games won't get anymore exciting than that! Trouble is we lack real world class talent at the moment, we'll struggle to dominate france and sweden, possibly even ukraine at home! sitting back and being hard to breakdown is the way forward at the euros this year. A potential snorefest is the only way we'll do well
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:00:49 »

Looks like Woy, will take the Otto Rehhagel approach....a big bugger up front and then ten behind the ball and try and bore the opposition to death.  Chelsea won the Champion's League that way, but pretty it wont be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:02:16 »

Looks like Woy, will take the Otto Rehhagel approach....a big bugger up front and then ten behind the ball and try and bore the opposition to death.  Chelsea won the Champion's League that way, but pretty it wont be.
John Beck's sexy football!

Didn't see the game, but surely it wasn't that bad. It was a bit of a scratch side anyway.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:17:32 »

Adam Johnson MOTM for me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:23:07 »

Carrick.

Barry was fucking hideous.  God if he was getting picked ahead of me I would retire.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 21:30:36 »

Pluses for me were, Carrol, Young and Ox.

Jones is a liability, as is Barry and Downing.  Walcott did what he usually does, provide great impact with no end product.

Micah Richards and Adam Johnson should be in the squad IMO, I would probably have Jones in the squad as the replacement for Barry.

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 22:02:55 »

Adam Johnson MOTM for me

He's about 3 times better than Stuart Downing. More pace, skill, and a better cross and shot. Must take Johnson and must leave Downing at home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: