Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 6949 times)
Boner

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:00:03 »

So whats everyone's opinion on what went on .....

for me I cant see what is wrong with not shaking hands unless both clubs had agreed before the match that they were all going to do it.

Nobody carried on like this when Wayne Bridge did it to John Terry in fact most people i know thought fuckin fair play to Bridge.

I do think Evra was out of order trying to provoke Suarez at the end by celebrating in front of him!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:03:21 »

Sorry, you can't distinguish why sympathies might be slightly different when the reason for ignoring the handshake was "you slept with my wife" rather than "you told the referee when I racially abused you"?

The whole game was a disgrace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:05:26 »

Bridge was the victim when he refused Terrys handshake.

Evra was the victim in all of this and offered his hand. I personally think Suarez should have shook his hand and got on with it. Once he didnt there was no need for Evra to make such a meal of it by grabbing his arm and playing up to the cameras.

I dont think Evra quite celebrated infront of him. Evra was celebrating with his own fans and Suarez came across to go down the tunnel.

I understand there is a bit more to it - but I love it when footballers celebrate properly!! shows that maybe some of them enjoy winning as much as the money.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:08:40 »

Are you a Scouser? Evra - despite being the injured party - tried to shake hands with someone who was proven to have racially abused him. Suarez declined. A shake of hands would have allowed the incident to have been put to bed. Instead, Suarez has now dragged it through the gutter again. He plainly feels he has done nothing wrong and Liverpool have supported him. If Liverpool were that aggrieved they should have defended Suarez instead hinting at evidence to the contrary - if there was such evidence then produce it or shut the fuck up.
Its not often I agree with Fergie but I do in this instance.
Dalglish has also acted like a cunt. His interview after the game was toe curlingly embarassing.
Liverpools' owners now need to get involved. If I was a black player I would not want to sign for Liverpool. If i was a Liverpool player I would not want to play alongside Suarez.
AS for Evra's celbrations, i agree he was wrong but given everything I can totally understand it.  

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:11:13 »

It was ace. Shame Evra didn't clear him out early doors as that would have made it even better.
Football needs talking points and this is one
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:12:33 »

Also, Liverpool fans being the bitter, biased, clueless morons that they are - are banging on about how Suarez offered his hand and Evra refused it, then grabbed his arm.

That didnt fucking happen at all.

Also, what with all the drama and the game - and the fact they get lots of stick when they have bad games I thought Phil Dowd did an excellent job refereeing that game and controlling the drama as it were.
Boner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:16:41 »

No not a scouser, old school bassett lad

I agree Suarez is the guilty party but there are no rules to say you have to shake hands and he got banned for 8 games because of Evra (who quite rightly stood up for himself) so he probably does not want to be mates with him

And yes DV i agree, the ref did a very good job
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:18:30 »

Suarez got banned for racist abuse directed at Evra, not because of Evra....
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:22:16 »

I dont think Evra quite celebrated infront of him. Evra was celebrating with his own fans and Suarez came across to go down the tunnel.

Sorry DV you're 100% wrong on this one. Once the whistle went Evra started off celebrating right in front of the Liverpool supporters (which was briiliant) he then celebrated in front of the stand by the dug out. Then, as Suarez was walking towards the tunnel, Evra then made sure that he'd cross his path by making a bee line towards the Stretford End to celebrate there also.

All in all fantastic bit of planning by Evra, as Suarez deserved every bit of stick he got.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:22:49 »

It's been dragged out way too long, whole thing is stupid.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:25:46 »

In reply to Boner, LFC have handled this whole affair terribly. Dalglish needs to get a grip asap, as he's being shown up as a complete knob jockey right now.

Suarez should have shook hands and the case would have closed. It was embarrassing for Suarez once he'd done that, and even his goal didn't take away from the awful game he had. He was running around like a headless chicken for most of the match and his petulance shone through on more than one occasion.  Shame as his a fantastic footballer, but he needs this to be brought to a close as soon as, for all our sakes.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:27:48 »

It's been dragged out way too long, whole thing is stupid.
Disagree - the whole thing is important...and Suarez had the chance to stop it and it is his total fukcwittery that is dragging this on. Footballers and fans etc should discriminate on the colour of someone's shirt not the colour of their skin. Liverpool and Suarez have acted disgracefully and I fucking hate being in a position of agreeing with Fertgie and defending a Man U player.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:29:56 »

Sorry DV you're 100% wrong on this one. Once the whistle went Evra started off celebrating right in front of the Liverpool supporters (which was briiliant) he then celebrated in front of the stand by the dug out. Then, as Suarez was walking towards the tunnel, Evra then made sure that he'd cross his path by making a bee line towards the Stretford End to celebrate there also.

All in all fantastic bit of planning by Evra, as Suarez deserved every bit of stick he got.

Crossing his path to celebrate infront of the Stretford End isnt the same as celebrating infront of him.

Although, he clearly celebrated within the vicinity of Suarez.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:30:39 »

Dalglish comes out of this the worst imo. Acted a cock throughout. Fergie has owned him on this.
How shite was Gerrard by the way?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 11, 2012, 20:31:34 »

From the moment the LFC squad wore the T-Shirts in support of Suarez they muddied the clubs name. The whole handling of this has been diabolical from LFC and 'king' Kenny.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: