Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Homophobia in football  (Read 7192 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 13:59:04 »

All rugby players are benders aren't they? What's that fucking biscuit and wanking game all about?
flash

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:00:57 »

I am old school and would prefer not to use the term gay when the term queer suffices.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:02:20 »

And another thing I've noticed is that although most "men of a certain age" are stanchly homophobic, all of them fucking love Queen.

How weird is that?!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:07:20 »

All gays are fucking assholes
Doore

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:07:36 »

And another thing I've noticed is that although most "men of a certain age" are stanchly homophobic, all of them fucking love Queen.

How weird is that?!

The first time I've agreed with you in this thread!  

Points to the often illogical nature of any kind of prejudice - "I hate all gay/black/disabled people - except the ones I know or respect for some reason" - you often find people who hate all gay people except 100% of the gay people they have met.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:07:50 »

I've just realised something - Freddie Mercury looked a lot like Oswald Moseley.

Coincidence?

Has anyone seen them in the same room?  Huh?
Barry Scott

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:08:00 »

Why the fuck do bummers feel the need to "come out" anyway? It annoys the shit out of me.

EVERYONE! EVERYONE! LISTEN!!!! I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY!!!

I'MMMMMMMMMMMM STRAAAIIIIIGHHHTTT!!!!!!

Well done.

I know what you mean. It's also, more often than not, completely fucking obvious. There was some lad I used to work with and he was properly obviously gay. Camp as hell, extremely effeminate, you know.

Well, the birds i used to sit near explained, with amused faces, that when this lad came out no one reacted because they weren't aware he was ever in the closet. Matt Lucas said it was the same for him, his parents just had no reaction at all. It was what he based the "only gay in the village" character on apparently.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:18:33 »

I really couldn't care less if some footballers are gay or not, or whether they are still in the closet or not.

Frankly it's all a bit of banter, no worse than calling a player a fat bastard or a wanker. It's designed to put players off, direct a bit of verbal abuse at them to get them thinking about the crowd and not the game. It's probably the people who don't go to live games who think that the majority of the crowd are actually deriding a person's sexuality rather than doing what I explained.

I can see why a player wouldn't come out, it gives the crowd a good excuse to direct some of this at specific players. But really the crowd will always pick on something anyway, not necessarily the gay thing. Besides, why should a gay player come out publicly? It's their life, if they want to keep it private then that's quite a refreshing change from the footballers who flaunt their lives around because they have a bit of money.

Agree with this. I've sung songs about things at football that I dont agree with at all, I just want to piss the opposition fans and / or players off.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:57:25 »

I'm not homophobic but....if I was a footballer and found out one of my team mates was gay and that I'd been showering in front of them I wouldn't be too pleased. Would anyone?

But it is a problem and the first step towards sorting it is for some high profile players to come out. I'm sure they'd get some abuse to begin with but it wouldn't last long. Everyone in football has short memories and if you're playing well and doing your job then no one will give a fuck.

I still reckon Le Saux is gay though, no matter what he says.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 14:58:59 »

I'm not homophobic but....if I was a footballer and found out one of my team mates was gay and that I'd been showering in front of them I wouldn't be too pleased. Would anyone?

Why would it matter?
Unless he tries to fuck you up the ass during your shower or go in for a reach around, I don't see it's an issue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:01:35 »

you've probably had a piss next to a gay man in a public toilet somewhere. why is it a problem?

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:02:09 »

What you haven't chosen is the fact that you don't "fancy a willy up you bum" - even within your own argument this part seems to be instinctive, therefore you are straight - what if your instinct was the opposite?  To put it crudely, what if, instinctively, the thought of another blokes appendage excited you, and the thought of a pair of knockers disgusted you?  Again, there would be little choice - the logical extend of this instinct would be to be gay.

Who is to say whether it is choice or instinct ?  This is the point....

To me it's a choice - to you it's an instinct....

Neither of us is "right or wrong" - it's purely an opinion.  There is no definitive proof one way or the other - so you cannot dismiss the "choice" argument (as you seem to be doing) any more than realistically I can dismiss the instinctive choice (even though I disagree with it).....

I am not homophobic - I just don't personally like the idea of it - but what someone else chooses to do is up to them - as long as it is not "flaunted" in front of me (in the same way I don't want to see a bloke and a bird being overtly fruity in public).....

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:05:03 »

Why would it matter?
Unless he tries to fuck you up the ass during your shower or go in for a reach around, I don't see it's an issue.
Remember jonny was the one who got so upset at the thought of a busty lass in his office wearing a low-cut blouse taht he complained to the boss. I think he's just generally a bit repressed.
Doore

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:11:01 »

Who is to say whether it is choice or instinct ?  This is the point....

To me it's a choice - to you it's an instinct....

Neither of us is "right or wrong" - it's purely an opinion.  There is no definitive proof one way or the other - so you cannot dismiss the "choice" argument (as you seem to be doing) any more than realistically I can dismiss the instinctive choice (even though I disagree with it).....

I am not homophobic - I just don't personally like the idea of it - but what someone else chooses to do is up to them - as long as it is not "flaunted" in front of me (in the same way I don't want to see a bloke and a bird being overtly fruity in public).....

Fair enough, of course there is no definitive answer, maybe we ought to put the "choice" debate to bed anyway - whether by choice or not, some people are gay - why is there not a single openly gay footballer?  I still contend that the sport is inherently homophobic, and this needs to change.  Without sounding all Peter Tatchell, should football ("the people's sport, *cough*") not reflect wider society?  Why should footballers feel they need to deny a fundemental part of their identity?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 15:34:43 »

Billy, are you a gay footballer per chance?

You've gotta fight. For your right. To buuuuuummmm men
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: