Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gartside.  (Read 6871 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 00:46:07 »

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/jim-white/article/14041/

Ime not keen on this fellow Gartside.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 01:01:00 »

hes a cunt
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 01:04:50 »

yeah wanker

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 09:40:45 »

twohundredpercent have got a pretty good write-up entitled "Phil Gartside's plan to shaft English football":

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=2769

Worryingly, he seems to be getting more traction this time round
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 10:08:40 »

If this tosser gets his way, rugby club chairmen everywhere will be rubbing their hands in excitement.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 10:10:37 »

The cunt should be shot.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 10:49:17 »

hes a cunt
yeah wanker
The cunt should be shot.

All of the above.

I remember Scally advocating the same kind of shit when Gillingscum reached the Championship, so just like them I just wish Bolton would hurry up & get fucking relegated back to Div Three/Four so he can Fuck Off
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 13:13:03 »

Remember, if this man gets his way he removes our 100/1 shot at getting top flight football down to no chance of ever getting top flight football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 13:18:45 »

If this man gets his way he'll kill English football as we know it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 13:24:37 »

Fucking deluded cunt. I don't think anyone higher up is stupid enough to let something like this happen, as anyone with more than a single braincell can see it's nothing but self serving bullshit.

Although saying that we all know people in positions of power are generally thick one eyed egotists, so perhaps there's enough stupidity to ensure a shit club like Bolton guarantee their safety for ever. I'd like to see Bolton going down sooner rather than later please.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 13:28:38 »

Part of his idea is that he wants to even the playing field slightly across the top two divisions by spreading the huge scads of money that the PL get across PL 1 & 2. But the problem is he then wants to pull up the drawbridge after them. If it was adapted to have, say four divisions, of, ooh, perhaps 92 clubs, which shared the TV money out more equally across all four divisions, and maybe went back to the old idea of sharing gate receipts between both sides so the big clubs don't gain an unfair advantage from their larger grounds, but the smaller clubs have to benefit as well, that would really level the playing field. They could call it "The Football League".
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 14:14:43 »

Part of his idea is that he wants to even the playing field slightly across the top two divisions by spreading the huge scads of money that the PL get across PL 1 & 2.

I really don't see the distribution of TV money being a problem as there is more money than ever being paid for TV rights for the Football League and some of the Premier League money does filter down (through promotion and relegation, transfer fees etc).

The real problem is that far too many clubs spend money they don't have - through incompetence, through trying to compete with the big clubs and through trying to win promotion. Even worse is that everyone seems to accept massive losses at clubs without batting an eyelid.

Is it really acceptable for a club like Swindon to lose £2m a season?

If you stop clubs from spending money they don't have, wages and transfer fees will fall in to line with what clubs can actually afford. When the Football League clubs have sorted their act out with their finances, I reckon it would put them in a far stronger position to go cap in hand to the Premier League if necessary.

As regards Gartside's proposal; Celtic and Rangers will never play in the English league pyramid and promotion and relegation are here to stay. In short, he's got fuck all chance of getting the support he needs. Even if we were going to be one of the lucky clubs locked in to the Premier League and still say over my dead body and I'm pretty sure 99.99% of other fans would say the same.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 16:36:09 »

Bolton losing 3-1.  Bottom 3 draws ever closer.  Gartside moves in to overdrive.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 16:36:40 »

5-1 actually.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 16:37:03 »

its 5-1 now. Beat me to it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: