Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: stockport points deduction  (Read 7145 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:09:02 »

I do.

I'm thinking we could manage a top half finish by default next season if enough other teams go into admin.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:13:32 »

Each to their own but I don't.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:31:42 »

but i do
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:35:01 »

lets get signing their decent players then asap!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:38:38 »

They'd go to Northern clubs if anything I'd imagine.

Using swindon-town-fc.co.uk for the following useless fact - we've never signed a player from Stockport County.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:40:12 by Rich Pullen » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:48:42 »

now would be a good time to start.
fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:51:09 »

its not good for the fans .. but this is the exact reason why Fitton is running the club the way he is .. it is right and proper we should profit in this way
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 14:52:45 »

it is right and proper we should profit in this way

It's right and proper that we should benefit from other clubs problems?

Is this why we follow football?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:34:31 »

To be honest Rich I think you are being a bit idealistic here.

I dont want other clubs to have serious financial problems, but they have and there is nothing we can do about it.

Its a competitive sport (industry?) so we might as well take advantage of it.

Others would take advantage of us if we were still in that position and some did, signing players for less than their market value beacaue they knew we needed the cash to stay afloat for another couple of months.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:40:23 »

I am inclined to agree with you CT.

None of us wish to see any teams go bust but they will and its not our fault, so maybe we can prosper a little fromt heir demise and pinch a player or 2 for nowt or next to nowt, even though I think the majority will stay oop North as suggested earlier in the thread.

Stockport did have a fairly decent defence and keeper IIRC.....got for it DW!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:45:10 »

Not idealistic at all. I agree with what you're saying, hence why I didn't argue with your statements earlier today. It's dog-eat-dog et al - we've all disagreed with the downfall of Luton but did nothing else because what can you do?

However, Fatbury stated that it's "right and proper" for a club like Swindon (who would have been well and truly fecked had point deductions been introduced sooner) to "profit" from teams such as Stockport - that I don't agree with.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:53:29 »

I think it is right and proper that we benefit from running the club as a tight ship, and clubs who do not, suffer in some way - the points deduction being the best way I can see although something should be done about owners of clubs (however they don't seem to be a club that was in political turmoil).

All the points deduction is doing is trying to enforce a level playing field to encourage clubs to start running themselves in line with good fiscal sense.

This could have been us, that's fair to say, and we'd be rightfully dealt with I think if it had been us.  We got lucky, but if we continue to have enough fans applying the "speculate to accumulate" pressure, then we could face this again in the future.  Clubs may slowly realise that you don't pay stupid wages just because a player asks for it.  People have said wages are so high due to supply and demand, they earn it by getting the gate receipts in and TV deals.  But the truth is that wages far outstrip where they should be in total vs clubs turnovers - time for a correction I think and the clubs going into admin seem to be a sign this may start to happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:53:53 »

You could look at it that Stockport cheated by spending more money than they had, thus maintaining a false position in league 1 . So karma and all that.

But our track record in that department ain't great either so it's a bit hypocritical I suppose.

And it's not great for their fans, who have done nothing wrong.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:57:16 »

Stockport are owned by their Supporters Trust, so it'll be interesting what has caused this administration.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 15:58:00 »

At least with other clubs suffering financially (harsh as it may sound) it really helps make us stand out as a solid proposition for players looking for a bit of security...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: