Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scotland fans  (Read 8214 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:35:04 »

No I mean the welsh lads supporting england at the cricket.

"Theres loads of Welsh lads who follow England test cricket team, I feel a bit sorry for them because they should have their own ODI team."

Was that a fishing attempt?

No.

I dont know what ive done wrong, but Im bracing myself for your nationalistic rage.  Grin
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:43:08 by Spencer_White » Logged
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 12:49:59 »

No.

I dont know what ive done wrong, but Im bracing myself for your nationalistic rage.  Grin
Point is Spencer is that its is the england and Wales cricket board. They already have a team. You could argue that Wales isnt a country anyway, its a principality.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 13:55:41 »

No nationalistic rant fella, it's just as Will says, it's not the fact these welsh boys are supporting england, they are supporting their cricket team.  The ECB is the english and Welsh cricket boad, not just england, but typically the english focussed media hardly ever mention this and ignore the Welsh aspect to it.  Wales already has it's own one day team, just so happens to be the same team as you fellas support.
Spencer_White

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:29:49 »

Nah, the point was that English and Welsh cricket fans get on fine. Not at each others throats all the time.

I agree wholeheartedly about the Welsh aspect to the England cricket team. They should call it the England and Wales Test Cricket Team. As for the rest of it, its just a personal opinion that if Ireland have Scotland have their own ODI teams but have players that also play for England test team and teams that play in the English league system that Wales too should have its own team. Because it would help the popularity of the game in Wales. I can assure you 100 per cent it was not arrogance on my part.
Lumps

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:36:04 »

I guess what Spence is getting at is that I quite happily support the England cricket team, even when, like at the moment, there are no Welshmen (or Aussie-Welshmen) in the side. (Although Simon Jones is bowling well and fast this season and might be a shout if he can get over his latest little knock.

I guess that if there were no Welsh football side and Welsh players played for an joint English/Welsh side I wouldn't like it much, but eventually people would get over it. In 15 years there'd be kids that knew no different and felt the same way about the football side as I do about cricket.

All that being said it will never happen as there are too many fellah's in blazers at both the FA and FAW who aren't about to uncouple the gravy train.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:43:09 »

Funny though as Wales and england have always seemed to get on better anyway, not sure of the history between the two in years gone by, I suppose that was down to the fact the fights were always between the crowns of england and Scotland.

Fair enough Spence I wasn't accusing you of arrogance, just more to do with the fact the welshies aren't supporting your country as it were, that's all.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 14:46:31 »

nationality does not matter in cricket anyway
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:14:14 »

nationality does not matter in cricket anyway
indeed. Are any english cricketers actually english? Soapy Tit Wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spencer_White

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 16:25:27 »

Funny though as Wales and england have always seemed to get on better anyway, not sure of the history between the two in years gone by, I suppose that was down to the fact the fights were always between the crowns of england and Scotland.

Fair enough Spence I wasn't accusing you of arrogance, just more to do with the fact the welshies aren't supporting your country as it were, that's all.

Nah, I just dont think the Welsh get the recognition they deserve in Cricket. They could be a half decent one day side anyway.

But no, in no way did I mean the Welsh lads on cricket tours were not supporting their own team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: