Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scotland fans  (Read 8216 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:13:57 »

I have absolutely no opinion about Team GB - I'm not a fan of the olympics.

I'm with Rich.

Winning the olympic gold at the beautiful game will never compare with the Jules Rimet or European Championship anyway.  Footy in the olympics always seems to be a bit of a side event.
flammableBen

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:21:47 »

[IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/flammableben/allyouroil-1.gif[/url]
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 17:24:08 by flammableBen » Logged
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 21:56:00 »

all your oil are belong to us?

it's not theirs anyway.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 23:18:04 »

http://protos.dk/public/pictures/protos05/all_your_base.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

On April 1, 2003, in Sturgis, Michigan, seven people aged 17 to 20 placed signs all over town that read, "All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time." They claimed to be playing an April Fool's joke, but not many people who saw the signs were familiar with the joke. Many residents were upset that the signs appeared while the U.S. was at war with Iraq, and police chief Eugene Alli said the signs could be "a borderline terrorist threat depending on what someone interprets it to mean

ace Cheesy

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 08:26:43 »

Such a shame that Great Britain eventually will perish in such a petty manor

When England won the world cup and up to Italia '90 - it would always be Union Jacks as opposed to the flag of St. George. Oh well.

Only because england fans, like yanks now, couldnt tell the defference between GB and england

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 08:28:30 »

Sio you dont care if a team GB in the olympics leads to there being no england team in the future?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
flammableBen

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 08:31:40 »

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

I thought Fifa had said they didn't give a shit anyway.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 08:47:56 »

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

I thought Fifa had said they didn't give a shit anyway.
Sepp Blatter has given his assurances. And we all know what his word is worth!

The fact of the matter is Lots of countries in the world, particularly africa, asia and the carribean are unhappy about the amount of power the home nations have in FIFA (4 permanent places on the executive committee) and also how one country (in their eyes) can have four teams. There have been several moves from these countries in the past to force an amalgamation and I believe "Mr Integrity" Jack Warner, is one of the most outspoken about it.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:09:13 »

Unsurprisingly I agree with STA.  Any chink in the defence of the 4 "home" nations will be the end for us individually.  It's not our fault the rest of the world deem us to be UK, GB.  Scotland is a separate country to England fact. Wales (a principality) and NI (province) may have their defence weakened by the fact they aren't countries I suppose.

Stick together, I mean err, stay apart.
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 09:53:58 »

Do you think that if the Scots put a bit more effort into enhancing their own traditions and cultures rather than moaning about the English, then the rest of the world might see them as more than those funny people from England who wear skirts, play bagpipes and eat haggis?

It's like you lot are just a little bit too obsessed with us.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:00:38 »

Ben that's a rubbish attempt at a wind up.  This thread has been anything but english obsessed.

Sorry that number is not recognised, please replace the handset and try again.
flammableBen

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:06:39 »

Cheesy

It's true though.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 12:16:15 »

When England won the world cup and up to Italia '90 - it would always be Union Jacks as opposed to the flag of St. George. Oh well.

Yep, even "World Cup Wille" *  was 'red white 'n blue.

* This was the tournament mascot, not a condition caused by enthusiastic celebration of England's win

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 15:19:03 »

Do you think that if the Scots put a bit more effort into enhancing their own traditions and cultures rather than moaning about the English, then the rest of the world might see them as more than those funny people from England who wear skirts, play bagpipes and eat haggis?

It's like you lot are just a little bit too obsessed with us.
Hopefully everyone in Glasgow East will have put another nail in the coffin of Labour in Scotland today. Then maybe we can finally get rid of you lot and not have to worry about it Cheesy

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 13:52:20 »

A Team GB football team would have nothing to do with other International competitions. FIFA have already said crack on because we dont give a shit and still see you as four countries and the olympics are nothing to do with us so i don't see where the harm is.

I also heard a suggestion that four seperate under 23 teams should be made to compete for the right to compete under the name Team GB which is again total bull shit as is the suggestion there should be a quota of scottish, welsh and northern irish players in the team.

Let it happen and let the players be picked on merit. If the individual who gets picked doesn't like the idea then move on. If the team was to be picked today then i am sure Steven Davis, Gareth Bale and Alan Hutton would all be in contention as 23 year olds and under from Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland so who knows who could be in the team in 2012.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: