Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A new fan  (Read 4846 times)
Celticbhoy

« on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:04:01 »

Celtic fan here best of luck in the new season guys, i plan to follow you closely to see the progress of the 2 bhoys you have on loan.

Im sure you've read alot already about the 2 of them but anything you need to know feel free to ask.
Also im sure there are some clips of the 2 of them on youtube when they are playing for our reserves (defo one of ferry scoring a winner v rangers reserves at ibrox to win us the league)

A few things i was wondering.
Where will they fit? are they of the type you guys require?
What are the hopes for the season?

Lastly well done to your manager getting these 2 hutchison was in and about the squad but simon was defo 1st team backup but banging at the door
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:12:33 »

Welcome to the TEF.

A few things i was wondering.
Where will they fit? are they of the type you guys require?
What are the hopes for the season?

Hard to tell until we've seen them play really. In general we need more goals/creativity in the team. We've done a good job shoring up the spine* but need someone to stick it in the onion bag as it were. We have one fit permanent striker and one inexperienced loanee right now.

So anything you can tell us on what to expect from these two would be welcome.

*ignoring our 5-0 opening day thrashing)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:12:42 »

Please lose against Hearts. We need as many points as possible this season!! Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:13:19 »

hello, welcome, as well as these two we have scott cuthbert who played a blinder in the centre of defence on tuesday against the wolves.

Tell us more about both players, is Hutchinson quick? good finisher? what about ferry? is he more of an attacking midfielder? Are both players quite physical.

we have been playing a 4-3-3 system but Wilson I imagine will adapt to 4-4-2, however we have been playing well the last few games so we will see.

My auntie used to run the celtic shop at queens street station Smiley
Celticbhoy

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:30:40 »

Ill start with ben
hes a goalscorer pure and simple you will see at times he has that greedy streak in his game (good or bad? who knows).
Hes pacey (this leads to a fair few hamstring injuries sadly) for me he would be a good lone striker or middle of a 4-3-3. hes a strong lad and takes the ball in well.
His goals range from tap in to the special (scored one last season after picking it up in our half) hes also got a decent freekick on him aswell btw.
Not overly tall but hes got a decent leap on him.
You might think "wow why is he on loan?" well its been odd for him he came in and got alot of press but strachan just didn't like him don't know why. Last year for instance a celtic forum i am a member off had a 50 odd page thread about wanting ben to play.
At times i think you'll love him at others he will frustrate imo.

Now Simon firstly im sure you all know about his 2 years injured. Ill say now honestly if he didnt get injured he would be one of our top players, the progress he was making was excellent. at the european under 19 championships he was the business.
Hes a tenacious wee box to box play, probably more on the attacking side.
hes got great intelligence and strength, passes well, makes good runs, can shoot, loves a tackle (sent off in his 1st game back from injury soapy tit wank)
when he was younger he was likened to gerrard in style hes that kinda guy all action.
Hes small but strong and hell take a kick no probs

He returned from injury and literally walked into the 1st team squad and this is a guy that hadn't made his top team debut yet.
The late great tommy burns ran our academy and made no secret of his love of simon he adored him as a player and always said "hes the one"

on a side note simon as a guy is great, right funny wee bubbly guy hes got a real personality and you see it all over his game.

On cuthbert he was in the scotland B side earlier this year he played great for st mirren last season, he could be a player for you.
hes a leader aswell on the pitch he talks alot etc.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:34:09 »

cheers for the info. We shall see, I take it you are based in Glasgow or Scotland? If you ever bump into Maurce Malpas at a game, smack him in the mouth. cheers.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:35:31 »

Also ignore Bob's Orange, he is just a bitter hearts fan looking forward to tonights cracker Smiley
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:35:52 »

Both players sound very positive.

Pretty confident now for Saturday and look forward to hearing how the newbies get on!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:37:14 »

Also ignore Bob's Orange, he is just a bitter hearts fan looking forward to tonights cracker Smiley

Looking forward? Only some kind of sadist looks forward to a home spanking!!

mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:38:22 »

hopefully you might get stitched up by a cheating brazilian bastard too.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:41:57 »

STFC... The academy of Scottish football!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:43:07 »

They sound like just the type of players we need. I hope they live up to the hype I really do.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:44:18 »

Thanks for the input. Hopefully they'll both be involved this Sat.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:45:16 »

And give Hibs a right stuffing on Sunday please, they'll be getting ideas above their station soon again!!

Celticbhoy

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:49:20 »

with our defence and hibs defence we are looking at a 6-5 on sunday i think haha

hope the lads get a runout and make me look like i know what im talking about
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: