Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: rory fallon  (Read 3671 times)
kick_ass1987

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 20:49:52 »

yeah he was looking a bit smaller than everyone else, but as long as the spark stays there and he shows he wants to carry on at that level, he could still be a good player.... like igoe... he is tiny, but when he is in the mood..... you cant stop him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 22:30:35 »

Caton could be a decent player but he really needs to bulk up.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:11:47 »

1).  Caton is not ready for a regular starting place in my opinion.
2).  Roberts is a striker

If Roberts plays right wing next season he will hate us and I will be seriously pissed.  People say he looked disinterested etc, but the lad was struggling out of position.  Away at Franchise when he was just back he wasn't bad but got substituted much to his, and the fans frustration.  He is not getting the best treatment at the moment, and from Roberts' point of view Parkin's depature is great news.

I love the chavmeister, he's a niggly little cunt who will wind up the opposition, and he's got that spark, the ability to have a moment of brilliance which will change the game.  I geniunely hopes he goes on to fill the void Parkin left, as he is capable of hitting 20 goals if he strikes a good partnership with Fallon, something he has yet to have the option of forging.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 13:58:44 »

An on form Roberts and Fallon can be a good front pairing. I absolutely hated Roberts when he was a city player, mostly because he was just the sort of player I wanted us to have, a wind up merchant with real talent.

He was just getting to the sort of form I had hoped for when he had that car crash, he's had plenty of time to recover now, and could turn into a real fans favourite for next season.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 14:17:03 »

Quote from: "Barnard"
An on form Roberts and Fallon can be a good front pairing. I absolutely hated Roberts when he was a city player, mostly because he was just the sort of player I wanted us to have, a wind up merchant with real talent.

He was just getting to the sort of form I had hoped for when he had that car crash, he's had plenty of time to recover now, and could turn into a real fans favourite for next season.

It was more the hernia op than the car crash that lost him is form/fitness, I imagine.  The accident was only minor, even if it did involve a bus!  
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 14:20:22 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "Barnard"

It was more the hernia op than the car crash that lost him is form/fitness, I imagine.  The accident was only minor, even if it did involve a bus!  

Your probably right, it was the crash/whiplash which stopped the run in the team where he was displaying good form though, although longer term the hernia obviously really fucked up his season. I was just looking forward to him tearing citys defence to bits in the LDV so much.  Crying
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 15:22:22 »

There is always next season. :twisted:
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:11:08 »

Quote from: "nozza"
There is always next season. :twisted:

Which is technically now this season....

So what do people think to signing a new striker.  Bearing in mind Shakes can play up front, will King look for another striker or concentrate on other areas of the team?  How many signings do people think we can realistically hope for, again remembering we got the new transfer crap so teams may panic buy pre-season.

I reckon King still will look for another forward, being an attacking-minded player himself he has a good eye for a player at this end of the pitch.  Will probably try and get at least another defender and then 3 or 4 midfield players.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:27:47 »

King has done pretty well with bringing in defenders too, it seems to be the midfield where his eye is lacking, of last seasons crop I only rate Migz, and even then only when fully fit (I've not seen enough of Pook to make a decision)

I think we are probably ok at the back with Nicho, O'Hanlon, Ifil, Lapham, Jenkins, Comyn-Platt, and at a push Reeves as cover for the four positions, although one more wouldn't go amiss.

Up front we should try and get one more in,  potentially we have cover in Fallon, Roberts, Caton and Shakes - all depends what Shakes best position really is.

Midfield is the problem area, and imho the place where King should spend any money released from the Parkin deal, we need an experienced tough tackling midfielder to dominate the centre, a decent left sided player and some cover.  Any names spring to mind?
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:56:34 »

Burgess
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 17:28:22 »

Quote from: "nozza"
Burgess

I'd stake a lot of money that it won't be him.

Cureton on the other hand.... here's to hoping anyway  Cool
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 19:01:01 »

Mate who's an Oldham fan says they are in talks with Cureton, is there anyone they've not been linked with?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 20:13:43 »

me

Spud

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 05:25:01 »

Why would Cureton go to Oldham?, even people born in Oldham dont like Oldham. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: