Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anthony Mcnamee  (Read 9570 times)
ChalkyNCFC

« on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 21:41:05 »

Hi Norwich fan here, just wanted to ask you lads a few things about Mcnamee. Recently he has got into are 1st 11 after injury/suspension to a few players and some Norwich fans are getting a bit excited about him but tbh i think he is absolutly shit, does about 100 stepovers then delivers a poor cross. Some Norwich fans seem to rate him though and are comparing him to Huckerby which is ridiculous imo. Anyway i wanted to know what you lot thought of him during his time with you did you rate him? Also i notice your form has increased a lot since he left is that anything to do with him or more to do with Austin bagging all those goals? Also why did he leave Swindon? did he want to leave or did Wilson want him out? Seems a bit of a strange signing to me, seems to be a favourite of Lambert but i can't see it myself, i think league 1 is his level, would certianly look out of dept in the Championship, unlike Hoolahan for example. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season(would love to see you beat Leeds scum to 2nd) except for March 20th Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 22:01:44 »

Why start 2 threads on this?  Huh?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 22:03:05 »

Why start 2 threads on this?  Huh?

One for each set of ten digits.
ChalkyNCFC

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 22:05:28 »

I noticed the other 1 was in non footy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 22:12:02 »

I noticed the other 1 was in non footy

No Comment  Cheesy
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 23:23:19 »

he is absolutly shit, does about 100 stepovers then delivers a poor cross.

answered your own question fella !

Oh ....................... and he is a midget cunt like Cureton
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 09:01:15 »

Let's be honest Macca on his day was a good player but over time we found he could easily be marked out of the game and then become a passenger, and he was frustrating with all his step overs.  When they team doesn't play well he is a player that would hide rather than step up to the plate.

It seems that the interest from Norwich turned his head and he decided that he would like to talk to Norwich and as he was out of contract end of season he was sold, he hasn't been missed really as since he went we have strengthened and are probably full of team players now and are pretty solid down the left hand side, not sure he'd get into our team as it stands now.

I'm not sure if he will be any good in the championship as obviously it is a bit tougher in that league and you don't get as much time to do fancy flicks and step overs, I think he will fizzle out and end up a decent but sometimes frustrating L1 player.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 09:47:59 »

We certainly don't miss him for his defensive capabilities.

Personally, he was a show pony, and would have Danny Ward over him any day. I think Ward has already scored as many goals in the last couple of months as McNamee has done in the last 2 years !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:14:14 »

Our right has been rock solid all season. Teams identified this, and came down the left where there was no protection due to macca loitering without intent on the half way line. Cant be coincidence we haven't lost since he left? I did like Macca, but 69 describes him perfectly. 1 good game in 4 is poor for a guy with his obvious talent.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:19:55 »

Macca was ok when he first got here (like Zaaaboub) because we were largely in turmoil due to failed takeovers, bollocks from the old board, protests outside etc. He was a breath of fresh air when he got here as he offered something different although he was never really “that good” , People got excited with his 5,000 step overs (Likely due to Cristiano Ronaldo doing it on the telly week in and week out) and then put in a cross which most of the time went to an opposition player or out of bounds. He did put in the effort for the most part when he first got here but was not as good as people made out, like Brezovan (who was shit after returning from surgery), people supported Macca and backed him because of his previous exploits when he first arrived here. Teams soon sussed out he was a one trick pony and marked him accordingly. As soon as he found out Norwich wanted him, he stopped giving a shit and was largely a liability until he finally left. Good Riddance. Poor Attitude and only out there for himself as he proved in the final couple of months at STFC where he just sort of stood there staring into space. Threw his toys out because he didn’t get his way back in September and did absolutely fuck all this season. We are a lot better off now with Ward and McGovern. Macca Will be back in L1 next season on loan as he certainly is not Championship standard.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 11:58:06 »

Gazza, you seem to be assuming that he won't be playing for Norwich in league 1 next season ?!

From the Dark Side
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:00:37 »

I think most of us would assume that.
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:34:41 »

I always liked Macca, he was often the catalyst for some attacking opportunities when we were lacking ideas. In particular I was always amazed at the way he could put in a cross without having to beat the defender - too often there was no-one in a position to capitalise on it (not his fault).

I think he could have fitted in to a style of play which capitalised on the quick rather than the perfect cross. I miss Macca, but I'm loving the team we have.
REDBUCK

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:37:35 »

One mans quick cross is another mans aimless ball - Heh Ho
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:38:59 »

a ball in the area is worth two in the stand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: