Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise = cock / Sturrock = legend / Embargo / Takeover  (Read 5343 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 13:58:37 »

I'm pretty sure it was over 30,000

And wise should shut the fuck up. Why were you in the stand on saturday Dennis? Nothing to do with having a pop at a ref when things didnt go your way was it?  You should have shut up and got on with it mate  :wanker:

The blokes a hypocrite of the highest order (see O'hanlon, S)
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 14:01:40 »

don't give a fuck about wise, he was only here ten minutes.

the thing that concerns me is whether fitton does agree to pay off the debts in order to clear the transfer embargo, the ball is no longer in his court and the club can fuck him about.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 14:07:19 »

the average of Man City in 1998-99 in the second division was 28,300 but that was including cup games, not sure what it was for the league season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 15:32:38 »

28,273  man city average for this leauge in 1998/99

notice leeds average attendance for last season in a higher leauge... 20,831  (just because your winning!)

all attendances on here

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/englandcontent.htm
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 15:48:50 »

Quote from: WorcesterRed
Quote from: "Tails"
IWhat also gets me is how people think that 28000 attendances are amazing. 18 months ago, Leeds were on the verge of the Premiership. A few years ago, they were getting crowds approaching 40,000. Rather than pat themselves on the back for getting attendances of 28000, why aren't they asking where the missing 12-15000 supporters are? Yeah, well done Leeds, lose 30% of your gate and let's crow about how miraculous that the crowd is 28000.

I agree, weren't we told to expect a 32,000+ attendence. I bet they wish then didn't have that stupid sale or no return on tickets when we could have shifted at least a couple of hundred more.
Big club my ass, big city & only one team

I come from a land down-under
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 18:09:51 »

Wise has a point. Sturrock should stop being a fucking moaning minnie about the squad, especially when he was saying how top heavy it supposedly was just a few short weeks ago.

We've got the players in place who can get us promoted. I honestly cannot see where we are so thin on the ground. There's a lot of clubs in our league who are a lot worse off than us.

With regards to Wise, I think he's proven himself to be a damned good manager, both at Swindon and Leeds. There's a hell of a lot of managers who could not have done what he has done at Leeds this season, given the circumstances in which they find themselves.

All of that said, I don't think this club could possibly have a better manager than Sturrock. I'm sure that once the financial saga is completed, that he can get us re-established as a decent Championship side. I don't feel any animosity to Wise at all. As far as I am concerned, Wise came in and did an excellent short-term job and left the club in good shape for Sturrock to carry on the work long term.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 18:15:26 »

:bow1:  Clap

My sentiments exactly OST.

Although you forgot to add the obligatory 'Wise is still a pygmy cunt', otherwise perfect.
lebowski

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 18:16:04 »

spot on ost.

sturrock moans about absolutely everything, last season, for example, it was about the wind and rain at the training ground.

i haven't heard much about that this season so presumably they've rectified that now.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 19:18:54 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
spot on ost.

sturrock moans about absolutely everything, last season, for example, it was about the wind and rain at the training ground.

i haven't heard much about that this season so presumably they've rectified that now.

Well he's a jock isn't he?

It's their national pastime Cheesy

Sturrock can moan as much as he likes as far as I'm concerned, the blokes a quality manager and we're lucky to have him.........

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 19:32:56 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Wise came in and did an excellent short-term job and left the club in good shape for Sturrock to carry on the work long term.

He did but he fucked off at the first opportunity. For that reason he is a pygmy cunt.

It is irrelevant that we now have Sturrock, who for me gives us a far better chance of promotion on our resources than Wise ever would.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 19:40:40 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "lebowski"
spot on ost.

Well he's a jock isn't he?

It's their national pastime Cheesy

Sturrock can moan as much as he likes as far as I'm concerned, the blokes a quality manager and we're lucky to have him.........

Ditto

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
glos_robin

« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 20:18:49 »

I'm going to be a minority on here and I know that but I don't mind.....

I have no real problem with Wise. At the end of the day he was betrayed by the club when Bob Holt broadcast a private meeting over the radio prior to the Wycombe match. He got offered more money at a higher league club (as they were then) and we would all of done the same, including Sturrock.

People may not like it but 99% would have done the same, if you get shafted by your employer you are hardly likely to show loyalty towards them. Add in the fact his dad is good friends with Power and probably knew the truth why would he stay? Wise did a good job for us at the time and I hold no grudges, alot of people just hate anyone that leaves and it's abit childish at times. I could guarentee that even if Sam Parkin played against us a few idiots would boo him!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 20:45:27 »

i would boo parkin judas cunt.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 21:06:47 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
I'm going to be a minority on here and I know that but I don't mind.....

I have no real problem with Wise. At the end of the day he was betrayed by the club when Bob Holt broadcast a private meeting over the radio prior to the Wycombe match. He got offered more money at a higher league club (as they were then) and we would all of done the same, including Sturrock.

People may not like it but 99% would have done the same, if you get shafted by your employer you are hardly likely to show loyalty towards them. Add in the fact his dad is good friends with Power and probably knew the truth why would he stay? Wise did a good job for us at the time and I hold no grudges, alot of people just hate anyone that leaves and it's abit childish at times. I could guarentee that even if Sam Parkin played against us a few idiots would boo him!

Possibly the best post I have read from you on this Forum.  Spot On

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 22:55:35 »

I can't stand that Parkin bloke. Blatantly only in it for the money and never gave a toss about the club or the supporters

Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: