Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ticket Prices To Be Reduced?  (Read 5044 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 16:56:18 »

With mediocrity seemingly returning to the County Ground, surely we will see a reduction in the ticket prices?

When the price of a match day ticket price was raised to £25 after we were relegated in 2011, we were told by Jeremy Wray that it would be worth the cost because we would see a quality product that had been invested in. He was proven correct.

However, £25 to watch a dismantled side full of kids and unlikely to mount any sort of challenge is simply laughable. I would hope that a reduction in the budget to be brought in line with other League 1 clubs will also see a reduction in the ticket price.

We saw the difficulty getting people through the door for the play offs to watch a top 6 side at £25 a ticket, so how is a midtable team supposed to attract fans at that cost?

On another note, I look forward to the 'at least we have a club' brigade and the  Clap 'ers whinging when they realise we will be stagnating in League 1 for the foreseeable future.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:02:28 »

Shall we wait until we're stuck in midtable before complaining about being stuck in midtable?

I can understand the concerns about the board, and about the future direction of the club, and I'm not saying we shouldn't be asking questions... but to act as though everything is guaranteed to go wrong just because we'll be spending the same amount as other clubs is a little rash in my opinion.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:06:56 »

At 2.4m, we'll still be spending more than most other teams in the division and 3 times more than Yeovil spent this season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:07:23 »

With mediocrity seemingly returning to the County Ground, surely we will see a reduction in the ticket prices?

When the price of a match day ticket price was raised to £25 after we were relegated in 2011, we were told by Jeremy Wray that it would be worth the cost because we would see a quality product that had been invested in. He was proven correct.

However, £25 to watch a dismantled side full of kids and unlikely to mount any sort of challenge is simply laughable. I would hope that a reduction in the budget to be brought in line with other League 1 clubs will also see a reduction in the ticket price.

We saw the difficulty getting people through the door for the play offs to watch a top 6 side at £25 a ticket, so how is a midtable team supposed to attract fans at that cost?

On another note, I look forward to the 'at least we have a club' brigade and the  Clap 'ers whinging when they realise we will be stagnating in League 1 for the foreseeable future.
The average age of the players currently under contract, those retained and excluding the first year pros is 25. Only two of them are under 21.

25 is also the average age of our starting lineup on Monday. Massive difference!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:12:50 »

Our average attendance this season with tickets at £25 a pop was 8,528. Our relegation season and the play-off season prior to the price increase saw averages of 8,389 and 8,458 respectively.

Therefore, we get more fans on average with higher ticket prices. FACT!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:14:09 »

And don't forget: at least we have a club and you know it's far too early to judge the board, we shouldn't get on their backs as it will only scare them away and it's just not right for fans to rock the boat. The fans should stick to supporting the team and leave the businessmen to do the business.

(I think that about covers it, doesn't it?)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:17:51 »

A fan who expects the board to spend more but for him to be able spend less! Support your club dont ask for cheper tickets how does that help!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:34:22 »

A fan who expects the board to spend more but for him to be able spend less! Support your club dont ask for cheper tickets how does that help!!
If you can find a quote from me that suggests I expect the board to spend more, than please go ahead and do so.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:34:58 »

If we do happen to reduce ticket prices, can we please still charge Shrewsbury 25 quid, just to piss them off?  Smiley
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 17:37:47 »

If the ticket prices were to go down then the season ticket prices would have to reflect that so some refunds would be due so no chance of the price going down.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 18:33:35 »

If the ticket prices were to go down then the season ticket prices would have to reflect that so some refunds would be due so no chance of the price going down.

The season ticket prices aren't a direct reflection of the matchday prices.

The cost of a season ticket at the CG remains comparable (in some cases cheaper) to the cost of a season ticket at most other League 1 teams. The matchday prices are by comparison overinflated and more expensive than other League 1 teams.

When we had a significantly higher expenditure on players compared to other teams, this could be reasonably justified, and people were happy to pay the extra premium. Without that higher expenditure on players next year, the matchday prices start to look exploitative and unreasonable, and some people may no longer think it good value.

It's all moot anyway, as they've already said the ticket prices will remain the same.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 18:58:57 »

If you can find a quote from me that suggests I expect the board to spend more, than please go ahead and do so.

I expect the board to spend more

You're welcome.

Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 19:03:59 »

They should at least reduce them by a couple of quid.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 19:06:06 »

The reason the budget has been cut is because we can't afford to keep it so high. Ergo, cutting ticket prices is only going to make the problem worse.

Best way is to vote for your feet if you don't like it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 19:06:37 »

Literally get their feet to mark the ballot paper.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: