Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EDIT: Pox tickets now on sale  (Read 29214 times)
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 12:22:44 »

Highly unlikely...Mine is a right fat cunt
Like father, like son  Cheesy
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 12:25:58 »

Like father, like son  Cheesy
Indeed it is. I'm also really sweaty and I smell  Crying
Leroys mate

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 14:16:15 »

For some of us this game is as big as the Scummers are building it up to be. Its not one sided for some of us. This game is fucking huge. I don't work with or live with any of the cunts but I will have such a fucking piss on if we lose. If we win I'll have a fucking huge smile on my chops. Its what football is all about - its tribal. They will forever be in our shadows and I'm looking forward to putting these fuckers in their place. 

This.
Barry Scott

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 15:02:28 »

Fuck that. I fucking hate Oxford. I hate the locals, the students, the fucking bicycles eveywhere, the "City of dreaming spires... - FUCK OFF, Harry Potter, Radiohead, the history... everything.

I fucking hate Oxford.

Fucking right. I'm shocked some people don't care. Damage limitation perhaps? Fuck that, I hate them. We don't sing a song or two about them every single fucking game because we don't care en masse.

I remember when we were in Portugal for the Euros and I was told a story by a mate, about an encounter he had the day before. He said he was chatting to some nice enough lads and then they asked him who they support.

A couple of them replied Swindon. His face came over all red, and he stood up knocking his pint over (on purpose), explained his fucking day is now ruined and said he had to leave because he fucking hates us. My mate said he was actually a bit scared because they were genuinely very angry.

I want to win because of cunts like that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 15:11:31 »

I don't think anyone is saying they don't care.  Just that, on balance/on average, there's a little more perspective on this side of the fence.  (That's a metaphorical fence, by the way, not the one at the Kassam.)

I should also add that in saying that, I am by no means claiming to speak for everybody.  Each to their own.
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:01:10 »

Half the retards on that forum think they'll finish top. But like oxford fan said - they are in fact retards.

To have a hatred of anything and anyone Swindon/North Wiltshire just because of a football rivalry is utterly pathetic and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they are like this.

This is THE game for me, it'll mean the world to beat them, but away from football, Oxford is just Oxford. It's where I go to get a cheaper train to London and that's it.

Hello, another Oxford fan here. Thought i'd pop on and see what you chaps are talking about. It seems quite quiet on here so assuming there must be other forums but i'll give this a go as a few Oxford fans have found their way here.

Surprised about some of the opinions on here regarding the rivalry. I see some believe the hatred is equal but others don't. I guess we've had it bad the last ten years and hence are looking forward to it with a passion. We've had plenty of Swindon fans on our forums rightfully taking the "pee" for a number of years that we've been conference, so we're obviously looking forward to meeting you as equals and havnig a head to head contest. If you'd been through the four year hell of conference football you may eel the same.

Generally in the past when i watched Swindon and oxford i think the rivalry was felt equally both sides of the fence. Circumstances change peoples outlook in the shorter term though.

As for the opinion that all Oxford fans are retards as we think we may have a chance of promotion....well I've read the thread where you guys are pretty optmiistic but I wouldnt say that makes youbretards. You've signed some interesting players, and it's probably been analysed tod eath, it will either go swimmingly or not work at all. Anyway, here's a link where the Guardian shares the optimism of both sides...to me it feels very much like it could be a 95/96 type seasno

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2011/aug/03/league-two-2011-12-season-preview
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:20:53 »

Hello, another Oxford fan here. Thought i'd pop on and see what you chaps are talking about. It seems quite quiet on here so assuming there must be other forums but i'll give this a go as a few Oxford fans have found their way here.

Surprised about some of the opinions on here regarding the rivalry. I see some believe the hatred is equal but others don't. I guess we've had it bad the last ten years and hence are looking forward to it with a passion. We've had plenty of Swindon fans on our forums rightfully taking the "pee" for a number of years that we've been conference, so we're obviously looking forward to meeting you as equals and havnig a head to head contest. If you'd been through the four year hell of conference football you may eel the same.

Generally in the past when i watched Swindon and oxford i think the rivalry was felt equally both sides of the fence. Circumstances change peoples outlook in the shorter term though.

As for the opinion that all Oxford fans are retards as we think we may have a chance of promotion....well I've read the thread where you guys are pretty optmiistic but I wouldnt say that makes youbretards. You've signed some interesting players, and it's probably been analysed tod eath, it will either go swimmingly or not work at all. Anyway, here's a link where the Guardian shares the optimism of both sides...to me it feels very much like it could be a 95/96 type seasno

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2011/aug/03/league-two-2011-12-season-preview

I think that people on here generally think the Pox will do quite well this season. I don't think people are saying that the posters on the yellowforum are retards because they think Pox will go up, but just because the output of their posts, are somewhat retarded in general.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #202 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:22:56 »

Although the fact the link he provided only has two teams down for automatic promotion leaves me to be cautious about the retard bit.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:24:22 »

Although the fact the link he provided only has two teams down for automatic promotion leaves me to be cautious about the retard bit.
Did you not see the bit above it that said 'Champions: Crawley'?
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:27:18 »

I think that people on here generally think the Pox will do quite well this season. I don't think people are saying that the posters on the yellowforum are retards because they think Pox will go up, but just because the output of their posts, are somewhat retarded in general.

I believe you also have a retard forum though elsewhere associated with a newspaper. Yellows forum has gone downhill since the Oxford Mail mashed up a transfer to a new format, and there were two subsequent transfers to new forums before reaching the current location. Alot of the quality disappeared at that time, as a small number of fans tried to post quick and fast nonsense to get the new forum alive. It hasn't fully recovered although in time it may.

The equivalent of this forum (which is equally slow) is http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/

Probably more a reflection of football fans on the internet than either sides demographics or intelligence levels overall which when taknig the four forums en amsse don't look aprticularly different.
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:28:28 »

Forrest meet Bubba  Grin
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #206 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:37:36 »

Did you not see the bit above it that said 'Champions: Crawley'?
Nope  Cheesy
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:39:28 »

Nope  Cheesy
Cheesy Doh
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #208 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:40:30 »

To be fair me being a retard is common knowledge already.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 14:47:27 »

The equivalent of this forum (which is equally slow) is http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpBB2/

Probably more a reflection of football fans on the internet than either sides demographics or intelligence levels overall which when taknig the four forums en amsse don't look aprticularly different.

Equally slow?!  It's catatonic on there!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: