Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver  (Read 2354 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:26:53 »

Now not one for whinging.honest but the Adver sports reporting is getting incredibly lazy...........as a golf follower and particular Howell the reports are often wrong............most tournaments half the field start at the tenth and half at the first.....so he wasnt 2 under after 16 yesterday because the 16th hole was his 7th...........get it.
So instead of having a shaky finish he indeed had a good finish....can understand it happening one tournament but its happening every week.........not particularly important i know but reporting wrong info on a weekly basis needs to be addressed Yes
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:31:52 »

I can do a better job of the football reporting and articles.....from here. I'm not exaggerating either, they are crap.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:33:53 »

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2010/tournamentid=2010072/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Scroll the link down,i have highlighted Howell and you will see again he is starting on the 10th hole in todays second round......hope it is right in tomorows report Cheesy Cheesy

cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:46:37 »

Having a winge seems to work soapy tit wank.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:51:03 »

do you know howell leefer?
fucking nice bloke he is.
REDBUCK

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 08:59:52 »

It's not just the Adver either. Try reading the WDP reports from our games and it's obvious that the bloke hasn't even been to the game and appears to have borrowed a standard report from someone else.

In the WDP's case the level of reporting on all things Swindon has been generally reduced over the last few years and the job appears to have been given to a junior bloke to practise on.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:02:26 »

Does anyone in Swindon actually buy the Western Daily Press?  Always been a Bristol paper really.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:07:17 »

It's not just the Adver either. Try reading the WDP reports from our games and it's obvious that the bloke hasn't even been to the game and appears to have borrowed a standard report from someone else.

In the WDP's case the level of reporting on all things Swindon has been generally reduced over the last few years and the job appears to have been given to a junior bloke to practise on.
More likely they just take the PA feed, that's why all the match reports for lower league games are pretty much identical in all the papers, precisely because they do "borrow a standard report" (well they pay for it, but your point still holds)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:09:16 »

do you know howell leefer?
fucking nice bloke he is.

Well sounds sad but ime mad on Golf so got to know him a bit....not personally,in fact i always have a chinwag with his mum and dad at Tournaments.........really nice people.
Think Howell may miss this cut but he is gradually returning to form and next year is looking promising.
Incidently i note he is almost at the 10 million carreer earning mark......staggering when you think he is only 35 and has at least another ten years to earn the euros!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:11:34 »

nothing sad about being into golf.
personally, i dont think he will ever reach the heights he did previously.hope i'm wrong though
REDBUCK

« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:13:01 »

That's the reason i buy it as i'm in Norh Somerset. It's actually sold as including Swindon but ever since they cut back on stuff, it's more like the evening post.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 09:24:38 »

nothing sad about being into golf.
personally, i dont think he will ever reach the heights he did previously.hope i'm wrong though

Injury in golf is pivotal.............players like Fasth,Michael Campbell(major winner) will testify.
Your whole game has to change..........the fact is also that there are more good golf players on tour now making it harder to win tournaments.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 10:07:45 »

The Adver continues to get progressively worse. I pretty much stopped checking it out some time ago now but as I follow our speedway team as much as I can as well as the Town I was interested in checking out their reports regarding Leigh Adams who has finally called it a day in speedway. For those uninitiated in speedway this bloke is a legend in the sport and his services to the sport and Swindon speedway in particular are on a par with the likes of our Sir Don to the football club. Wasn't surprised to see over the last couple of weeks the pitiful effort by the Adver in recognising his loyalty and achievements for Swindon, even the council made a better effort !
BelfastRobin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:42:44 »

I'm following the same event and I thought he teed off from the first?

http://davidhowellgolf.com/golf-players-news-detail/id/1111/c/2.html

"Eric Sabin - the new Thierry Henry"
eldene red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:12:15 »

Looks like he will miss the cut after todays round.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: