Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fridays Joke  (Read 2286 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 12:57:05 »

Byrne and Williams should be taking their fair share of the blame too, as they are there to support MM, just as Blackey and Summerfield did for Sturrock.

But instead the fans have this hatred for MM and seem to think that Byrne and Williams are the saviours in waiting.  Surely their management expertise should be making MM's job even easier (if they were that good).

Why is no one suggesting Byrne going mental at players during matches isn't having a negative effect on performances?   Because Byrne can do an interview with the Trust and come over all fan friendly.  MM may not be comfortable doing that at this stage.

I'm not slating Byrne btw or the Trust for that matter, but the whole management team and the playing staff need to take a shared responsibility for events on the pitch.  Whether that be good or bad, personally I do not think things are as bad as some make out, but that's up to your own judgement.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:01:07 »

I'm wondering if the problems actually lie with Byrne and Williams.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:05:04 »

I honestly don't know enough about the situation to comment on that Rich, but having all this well hatred (at times) just directed at MM seems unfair to me.

The guy is responsible but don't forget AF appointed MM, but also agreed to let DB and AW continue, MM may have his own people he'd have preferred to have brought down with him?

Who knows?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:09:07 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I honestly don't know enough about the situation to comment on that Rich, but having all this well hatred (at times) just directed at MM seems unfair to me.

The guy is responsible but don't forget AF appointed MM, but also agreed to let DB and AW continue, MM may have his own people he'd have preferred to have brought down with him?

Who knows?

Excatly my thinking Jan. This summer will be interesting. Wonder if we'll see the back of DB and AW?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:24:09 »

Who knows?

I understand that was one of the reason's Ling was overlooked as he wanted his own staff and money on top.  In hindsight it might have been a better move.  Jan I have been discussing the same points you are making in this thread with my friends for a while they are all staunchley against Malpas but I have been saying it would be interesting to see what  Malpas would be like with Sommerfield and Blatchley aiding him rather than the current clowns.

From what I can tell Byrne contributes very little apart from abuse and shouting at players and Williams is just always out getting wrecked so when you look at this I just think it's incredibly hard to do a good job when your management team is useless.  Malpas's own staff, own players and own pre-season then see what people say.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 13:25:11 »

On that basis then lets get rid of him and employ Sommerfield and Blatchley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 23:22:04 »

Does MM also think 5 points from a possible 30 is a joke as well?

That's relegation form.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 23:29:01 »

Byrne and Williams should be taking their fair share of the blame too, as they are there to support MM, just as Blackey and Summerfield did for Sturrock.

But instead the fans have this hatred for MM and seem to think that Byrne and Williams are the saviours in waiting.  Surely their management expertise should be making MM's job even easier (if they were that good).

Why is no one suggesting Byrne going mental at players during matches isn't having a negative effect on performances?   Because Byrne can do an interview with the Trust and come over all fan friendly.  MM may not be comfortable doing that at this stage.

I'm not slating Byrne btw or the Trust for that matter, but the whole management team and the playing staff need to take a shared responsibility for events on the pitch.  Whether that be good or bad, personally I do not think things are as bad as some make out, but that's up to your own judgement.

Shock horror the fans blame the man who is ultimately responsible for running football affairs. If Byrne is shouting too much shouldn't Malpas make him stop?

Irrational argument - nobody thinks they are saviours in waiting, in fact more people think they aren't very good coaches.

If your post was a fish you've done well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: