Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: People who play cricket...  (Read 7661 times)
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:18:26 »

that would be interesting. i volunteer to open the bowling (left arm over) can generate abit of swing sometimes...and bat 11.  Cool
Nils

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:22:51 »

Quote from: "Johno"
Calne is an ideal place to play at, not too competitive, its all good fun.

Goatacre want me to join them, but they all seem so serious over there, all well and good, but thats because goatacre have such a good history behind them.

I played for them 2 games last season and they said that if I wasn't going to take it seriously then I was not suited to their team. Considering I took 5 wickets and scored 60 odd runs in the 2 games I thought they were a bit stupid.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:24:30 »

Quote from: "Nils"
Calne is an ideal place to play at, not too competitive, its all good fun.

Goatacre want me to join them, but they all seem so serious over there, all well and good, but thats because goatacre have such a good history behind them.

I played for them 2 games last season and they said that if I wasn't going to take it seriously then I was not suited to their team. Considering I took 5 wickets and scored 60 odd runs in the 2 games I thought they were a bit stupid.

seriously? i was there last season. i assume your on about calne? what team you play in?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:29:35 »

The people who ran Calne Cricket club ova the past two years were wankers by far. It was all about mates.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:32:26 »

it is abit of a joke sometimes at calne, its ran very weirdly and not very well.

i remember last season struggling to get a game, was all aload of rubbish! gave them a chance, they heard i was moving so i was put in the 1sts a few weeks ago and opened the bowling. wondering if it will last though!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:34:04 »

that would be interesting. i volunteer to open the bowling (left arm over) can generate abit of swing sometimes...and bat 11.  Cool

I did a post about this start of the cricket season...guess you were thinking of exams then....

A forum cricket team has to be a better idea.....Boeta can be captain, Johno can chuck pies, DMR is a useful all rounder and R4E can do the fielding.

Has the advantage of being a long game given ample opportunity for consumption of substances in interesting forgotten corners of Wiltshire.

Bird can do the teas Wink

SY could umpire although standing for a couple of hours at a time may be problematic.

Dazzza I'd see as the fella who turns up at the pub post match with a couple of fitties, just to show a bit of willing and would turn out if completely necessary.

OF has to be useful as an ex public schoolboy.....can purvey googly and Chinaman being left handed but doesn't go on about it.

Yeovil I see as scorer......

Asher certainly wont be involved and can't see Dex on a cricket pitch....Marie I suspect is very good, and could if persuaded keep wicket and bat at 8.

Whits.....would act as fixture secretary and treasurer turning out reluctantly......Magic Roundabout will sign up for the tour to Amsterdam, as its a favourite destination for club sides.

Ralphy and Sadie will find a quiet corner to watch and roll about in the grass.

Simon Pieman wont be around as its in the hols.

Jan Aage.....may be a player but wont admit to it as cricket is an English game.

Blinkpip will bat three, and shock everyone with his mature cover drive.

Piemonte....will expect to bowl first change but throw a wobbler when Boeta decides the pitch is taking spin and brings on OF.

Ben Wah Balls will just wonder why Kingy hasn't been picked, but take a fifer and score 50.

OJ will be unavailable due to a near death experience brought on by septicemia through an infected toe.

OST will be OST.

Spacey having turned out for Ciren will prove to be a hostile pace bowler, if a little erratic....Mrs Spacey will have to do teas as Bird will be behind the pavilion with Blackcurrant neglecting her responsibilities

Kinky Tom will provide Caribbean atmosphere.

STFC Village will field.  

Nils will do iimpersonations of Ole Mortensen..bowling at Queen's Park Chesterfield

Obviously, SY will now want to play
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:37:37 »

Soapy Tit Wank nicely done.
STFC Village

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:45:02 »

I'm in Reg, where shall i field? In the slips, gully perhaps? I'll be silly mid-off when OF bowls a few googlies.

I'm good at appealing for anything as well.....HHHHHOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAZZZZZZZAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!! Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:49:53 »

if you can run and throw, then it has to be the outfield as there may be a bit of tap happening.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:50:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Blinkpip will bat three, and shock everyone with his mature cover drive.

How did you know that was my fav shot. Like Jonho I am also a left arm fast bowler ( and can bowl left arm Chinamen, how ever it's spelt).
Bat 3 would suit me fine.  Cool

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:51:08 »

im good down at fine leg.... Smiley
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:51:30 »

Surley Birdy will get done for ball tampering?

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:52:19 »

would work in our favour!  Smiley
STFC Village

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:54:20 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
if you can run and throw, then it has to be the outfield as there may be a bit of tap happening.
Deep extra cover it is then Cool
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 22:55:52 »

who has the ability of fielding at point? who is the next jonty rhodes? i reckon reg would have a safe pair of hands.

walrus and mex in slip, kinky tom as wicketkeeper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: