Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Discount on First Great Western  (Read 4192 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 09:58:42 »

So I was reading the Washbag thismorning instead of doing work and came across this article which, under point 7, states Swindon Town ticket holders get a discount on FGW services.

Anyone know anything about this?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:01:19 »

So I was reading the Washbag thismorning instead of doing work and came across this article which, under point 7, states Swindon Town ticket holders get a discount on FGW services.

Anyone know anything about this?

Whaaaaa. This would make life a lot easier. Coming from Bath at £10.70 a pop.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:28:36 »

Here is an article from when the offer was first launched in 2010. No idea if the offer is still running, tweet the club or turn up at your local station and see what they say.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:37:43 »

Where is said article por favor?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:40:35 »

Where is said article por favor?

Click "here"

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:51:36 »

Whaaaaa. This would make life a lot easier. Coming from Bath at £10.70 a pop.

I see your £10.70 a pop and raise you £34.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:53:30 »

I see your £10.70 a pop and raise you £34.

I see your £34 and raise you having to share a train journey with the Bristol City fans whilst wearing full colours Tongue.

Nah, I see your point. My situation could be worse. Sometimes I drive and park in the Fire Station which is £5 + fuel, but even then, that's not all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 10:55:45 »

I see your £34 and raise you having to share a train journey with the Bristol City fans whilst wearing full colours Tongue.

Nah, I see your point. My situation could be worse. Sometimes I drive and park in the Fire Station which is £5 + fuel, but even then, that's not all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Tip for you. If you drive and get there early enough park in the Harvester Car park for free. Its a little bit of a walk up the road but worth it for free parking. And the food isn't too bad either.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 13:39:02 »

Good article that. Particularly like the bit about 'don’t demonise those who don’t attend games regularly' bad habit of our fans....we should encourage the irregulars to come back.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 13:48:11 »

Tip for you. If you drive and get there early enough park in the Harvester Car park for free. Its a little bit of a walk up the road but worth it for free parking. And the food isn't too bad either.

Ah nice, that's a good shout. Our routine is to try and arrive at 2pm for a spot in the Fire Station. It's £5 but it goes straight to a fireman charity. Then if we don't get in there we move onto Spring Gardens car-park.

Harvester sounds like a good option. I assume you have go in and eat/drink to get away with it or can you just park up? What sort of time does it tend to get full?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 14:11:23 »

Ah nice, that's a good shout. Our routine is to try and arrive at 2pm for a spot in the Fire Station. It's £5 but it goes straight to a fireman charity. Then if we don't get in there we move onto Spring Gardens car-park.

Harvester sounds like a good option. I assume you have go in and eat/drink to get away with it or can you just park up? What sort of time does it tend to get full?

We normally go around 12:30 for a feed and a couple of beers and the car park is empty. I reckon if you get there at 1:30 you should still get a space. We meet someone at 1:45 and he usually gets a space thinking about it. I wouldn't like to say that you should use their car park if you don't eat or drink there, but I don't think they generally check. A large number of football fans do use their car park.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: