Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 33592 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:30:32 »

Just got back. I'm sorry to hear about PDC's mum - I did wonder why he spent so much time in the dugout. RIP Paolo's mum.

Not a great game and one I didn't expect us to win. Big party and promotion at Aldershot and then win the league at the Pikeys.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:46:05 »

Wasnt there today but my blackberry is melted as I kept refreshing.

Tuesday night is going to be great and I can't wait.

Clems Army!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:50:17 »

Am I right in thinking that if we win a d Shrewsbury lose their next game that's the title seen up too?
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:52:15 »

Not a great game mainly due to having to break Plymouth down. Great turn and finish by Connell but made by Rooney's persistence in keeping the ball in play.

Gloss taken off it by the news of PDCs mum. Very sad but a sign of the great man he is. We sit behind the dugouts and could tell things weren't as they usually are with him. Got VERY angry with the 4th official at one point for no obvious (to us) reason. Just needed to let fly at someone.

Roll on Aldershot for promotion and win the league at the Pikey's............party back at SN1 v Port Vale.

RIP Mrs Di Canio.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:52:17 »

Am I right in thinking that if we win a d Shrewsbury lose their next game that's the title seen up too?

Even a Shrews draw on Tuesday would give us the title if we win at Aldershot.

corner

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 16:59:38 »

Not a great game mainly due to having to break Plymouth down. Great turn and finish by Connell but made by Rooney's persistence in keeping the ball in play.

Gloss taken off it by the news of PDCs mum. Very sad but a sign of the great man he is. We sit behind the dugouts and could tell things weren't as they usually are with him. Got VERY angry with the 4th official at one point for no obvious (to us) reason. Just needed to let fly at someone.

Roll on Aldershot for promotion and win the league at the Pikey's............party back at SN1 v Port Vale.

RIP Mrs Di Canio.
Did you not notce his black arm band then?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:04:10 »

Another grafted 3 points tonight and another clean sheet, as JW said on the radio on the way back from the game it really is fortress CG this season!

All thoughts go to Paolo and his family on the passing of his Mother. A great professional on what I'm sure was a massively difficult day for him! Lets wrap this up this week and really give Paolo something to smile about once again!

Looking forward to Aldershot now, Gills tickets snapped up today...what a week it looks to be for us Town fans, just hope Paolo will be there to join us, which I'm sure he will!

#VivaKenBarlow!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:06:34 »

Only knew about his loss after the game on the radio. Was wondering during the game where he was and not in his technical area. We also chanted for his name at the end for him to do the ritual, but he wouldn't come out. RIP Mrs Di Canio. Paolo I love you.

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:09:28 »

Only knew about his loss after the game on the radio. Was wondering during the game where he was and not in his technical area. We also chanted for his name at the end for him to do the ritual, but he wouldn't come out. RIP Mrs Di Canio. Paolo I love you.

You didn't see him at the game?

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:14:47 »

We were fantastic today, for the first 15 minutes. Got at them, created chances and really had them rattled. It was clear how much we've missed Caddis. Then it just all slowed down and went a bit subdued. Got to half time thinking something needed to change but it didn't, and the second half plodded along in similar fashion.

Then it seemed that as soon as everybody found out Wimbledon were ahead, there was a buzz around the ground. Our play improved, we were pushing forward again, and the breakthrough came through two of Paolo's substitutions.

Awful to hear about Paolo's loss, what is it about us playing Plymouth?? I hope he takes the time he needs to be with his family, rather than rushing back. I'm sure he'll want to be back as soon as possible, but one more win could sew the title up for us, and his time may be better spent coming to terms with what's happened.

Sad to be missing the game on Tuesday. I'll take a 0-0 then a title winners' party at Gills next week!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:23:27 »

Sorry to hear about the gaffers mum. RIP
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:24:54 »

We played as well as we have played for a while - average. But the goal for Wimbledon did lift the crowd and in turn lifted the players. As with any good team we only needed that 1 chance or lucky break and we got it. Bang 1-0. Game over.

Wasn't that impressed with Plymouth. Ugly stuff mostly (although at times we weren't much better) and didn't come for anything other than a point.

That's 23 clean sheets for us now and still only 8 goals conceded at home. We've bossed it at the CG this season. Promotion all but done and dusted. Bring on Tuesday. If we better Shrewsbury's result we'll be champions.

P.S a final word for Paolo on the loss of his mum. Thoughts are with him and his family and fair play for taking to the dugout again. What a man!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:40:04 »

You didn't see him at the game?

I saw him first half but couldn't see him anywhere second half.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:52:35 »

Not the greatest performance but it as enough, Sad news about Paolo's mother thoughts are with him and his family.

Anyone hear the little dig Caddis had at Evans? made me laugh.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 17:53:25 »

I saw him first half but couldn't see him anywhere second half.
He was there, almost getting into trouble again for arguing about a decision, which happened by the DRS!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: