Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Absolute shambles  (Read 19958 times)
scillyred

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 10:20:21 »

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 10:21:25 »

But, as said before, the club are debt free...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 10:27:16 »

TBF, we don't know for sure the club is debt free. It's a case of believing Power or not as there are no accounts to prove or disprove.

There is a distinct lack of transparency about the club at the moment and Power's phone-ins answering or avoiding mostly inane questions doesn't make things clear
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 11:03:57 »

But, as said before, the club are debt free...

However, I expect that to only be the case as we use transfer fees to plug gaps.
Huge difference between being debt free and running at a profit.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 11:37:25 »

I cant be the only one thay doesnt trust the finances? You have to ask the question, has Power paid back his loans with the player sale money? There is no proof of that. I also dont trust the training ground project either. Im not saying Power is evil and we may well be debt free and in a decent position but history tells me not to trust owners as far as you can throw them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 12:21:00 »

I cant be the only one thay doesnt trust the finances? You have to ask the question, has Power paid back his loans with the player sale money? There is no proof of that. I also dont trust the training ground project either. Im not saying Power is evil and we may well be debt free and in a decent position but history tells me not to trust owners as far as you can throw them.

You're right never to trust owners/chairman.  Unfortunately the way football has developed over the last 30 years, clubs have become increasingly remote from their fan base....this has brought us to where we are today under the Power regime, where the detachment is more or less complete.

The final thread has been cut by being shit on the pitch.....fans were always going to cut some slack as long as we were doing OK on the pitch, but the historic current level of incompetence, is leaving many wondering what is it all about, with many questioning where this fall may end up.   The question may soon need to be asked, should fans just sullenly accept this decline and slope off, or should pressure be applied to try and expedite a change of ownership?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 12:21:05 »

Nope, a healthy scepticism is good.

"debt free" is an interesting one. Power has put "millions" in, and he's taken some back out (his admission on radio) . And he doesn't know if the club are paying him interest or how much because its down to his accountant (bullshit I'd suggest). But he does know he won't get a return until he sells up.

Everything could be fine, but nobody knows one way or the other.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 12:25:38 »

Our club is turning away fans due to results, off field negativity is hurting the attendances, performances on the pitch are equally depressing and there is a real split as to supporter / detractors of Lee Power - and therein lies the problem. The club is divided, we are not all pulling in the same direction and this culture of negativity is contributing to our current plight.
Has there ever been a time when 100% of fans have been fully behind the manager, coach, chairman, board, players, owner? I very much doubt it.

The last time there seemed to be a genuine positive momentum was when PDC was seen to be a leader who connected with the fans because of his dedication and passionate demeanor. Of course, not all of us readily sang his name, and the fact that he produced a winning, committed side was probably the single most important factor.

The culture of negativity you mention is basically down to results. If we started to win a few matches, the 'split' (which has credence) wouldn't be so vociferous. Power obviously has a vision as to how he wants the club to be run. For much of last season it was working and has only really been questioned since the back end of last season, and this questioning has intensified as this bad run has continued. I just don't see how the fans and club can realistically pull in the same direction if the owner's vision splits the fan-base (for, against, wait and see, don't care).

If Power's vision leads to relegation, so be it - it will have been a failure and should not be repeated. However, if it transpires that his vision has included 'dodgy' dealings designed to line his own pockets rather than for the benefit of STFC, then he should be rightly vilified. We'll just have to wait and see.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 12:34:41 »

That is spot on. The only thing is if there has been some pocket-lining to the detriment of the club it will only come to light after Power had sold up.

The fact is, that apart from a very few clubs whose owners also happen to be fans, the majority of owners are in it to make money for themselves first.

If Power leaves with a few million profit and us in the Conference he wont care a shit - but we are no different in that respect to most other clubs.

It's got to the stage now when some of us oldies who have seen it all before really don't care any more.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 01:07:50 »

You can be wary without being cynical. As an exiled fan, it always amuses me how many people become ITK when things are going wrong. There's a difference between reasonable skepticism and believing everything a grumpy taxi driver tells you because he picked up Michael Smith last week and he had a face on him.

Our current set up might be new to us but it's not new to the world of football. There are many clubs being run in the same way. We're annoyed about it because it's not working in terms of getting us points, but the sooner we shake off this
"DERP THE MANAGER'S A PUPPET" stuff the better, because it's not Power's fault that Kasim has suddenly decided to be scared of footballs and Rodgers has feet made of blancmange.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 07:06:34 »

Many just don't get 'the middle way', Ells. If you aren't getting yourself worked up into a rage because of the the bad things that Power is definitely doing to the club, because, yeah, fact, then that means you think people should not be asking questions and should just stay quiet while power strips all assets and sees us go down to non-league and all that jazz.

It's the way things are done around here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 07:33:07 »

Cynicism becomes harder to avoid the more times you see your club shit on. human nature, once bitten twice as shy.

if power wants to act less transparently than he could do then that's up to him. it's hardly a surprise, or anything unique about Swindon fans to question things when he does.
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 08:10:34 »

Nobody is suggesting that people shouldn't ask questions, we keep on coming around to the same strawman again and again.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 09:17:44 »

You can be wary without being cynical. As an exiled fan, it always amuses me how many people become ITK when things are going wrong. There's a difference between reasonable skepticism and believing everything a grumpy taxi driver tells you because he picked up Michael Smith last week and he had a face on him.

Our current set up might be new to us but it's not new to the world of football. There are many clubs being run in the same way. We're annoyed about it because it's not working in terms of getting us points, but the sooner we shake off this
"DERP THE MANAGER'S A PUPPET" stuff the better, because it's not Power's fault that Kasim has suddenly decided to be scared of footballs and Rodgers has feet made of blancmange.

Football brings out everyones irrational side. We had the exact same model last season and everyone thought it was wonderful. Bar turnover of people, absolutely nothing has changed this season, it's just not working at all in comparison to last year. Thus, it's shit. If you believed some people, Power controls absolutely everything... The training, the tactics, the team that's picked, the subs, how long the teabag is left in, what colour boots Brophy wears, the tunes on Branco's ipod, the amount of toilet roll in the DRS. Whilst it is true he has an input, I can't understand this evil dictator some make him out to be. Fitton interfered with the team just as much and was far less open and honest about it and no one gave a shit!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 09:24:13 »

Simple fact is, if it works nobody moans (well ok some still do)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: