Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 70191 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:05:29 »

Batch, I normally skip through long posts but you can't beat getting first hand write ups from people who were at the match in Question. Ps. Nights like these will live long in the memory of your lad.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:09:16 »

A video of the final goal celebrations

And after the final whistle
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:16:38 by reeves4england » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:10:22 »

The irony is that Bristol City fans are the arrogant ones who believe their club is bigger than it is.
And as for Swindon being a shitehole as they keep saying - the heartland of the Bristol City support in Bristol could not be more of a shitehole

I come from a land down-under
cib

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:11:41 »

Agree with the comment about Thompson - I know he only came on late but he had a fantastic game. He put in one or two brilliant, strong tackles and picked up good positions going forward too.

My particular highlight was when he made a fair tackle that put Pennant 6ft in the air - despite disliking him before the match, he didn't help himself by trying to bet Macca sent off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 15:16:17 »

Batch, I normally skip through long posts but you can't beat getting first hand write ups from people who were at the match in Question. Ps. Nights like these will live long in the memory of your lad.

Its a bit of an incoherent ramble. You can't really get the rollercoaster down on paper.

My lad has been lucky, first ever match a 6-0 demolition of Port Vale, a promotion, two trips to Wembley ( arguably unlucky). Moments like this. Its why he did well in the prediction league last year, a relegation wasn't enough to grind his optimism away
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 18:17:41 »

Agree with most of what I've read here (not read the whole thread).  Cracking night all round, but not seen any mention of the Flint tackle! Almost worth a goal itself, superb timing, and then he went up the other end and scored!! Outstanding!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 18:22:40 »

Agree with most of what I've read here (not read the whole thread).  Cracking night all round, but not seen any mention of the Flint tackle! Almost worth a goal itself, superb timing, and then he went up the other end and scored!! Outstanding!

Oh yeah, the one on one with Fods, Fods was advancing tentatively and then just as he was about to pull the trigger from 8 yards out the telescopic legs of Flint intervened. Class.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 18:58:06 »

What about Devera's block? Somehow stopped Walters scoring from an open goal from a yard out.
Flashheart

« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:03:56 »

Anybody else having trouble watching the highlights on the OS?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:07:33 »

Oh yeah, the one on one with Fods, Fods was advancing tentatively and then just as he was about to pull the trigger from 8 yards out the telescopic legs of Flint intervened. Class.

Too right, it was an awesome tackle, and the ref had the cheek to give a goal kick Smiley

Mind you, he had just given Stoke a corner after Crouch headed the ball out
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:11:26 »

What about Devera's block? Somehow stopped Walters scoring from an open goal from a yard out.

How did he do that?, amazing...

Clems Army!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:19:38 »

Anybody else having trouble watching the highlights on the OS?

Yes, tried them on the Stoke Player site and they're not working there too! What a tease!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:21:55 »

James Collins enters some exclusive company, as men who've scored an away hat-trick for us in the LC. The list is short...Peter Noble at Swansea, in 69, season after we won the thing, and JAF in the memorable run to the semi in 94/95. JAF came at the Valley, in a two legger after we lost 3-1 at the CG in the first leg.

Home hat-tricks aren't common either...the first Jack Smith v Darlo in 62/63, then Jimmy Quinn (twice) notably in consecutive games in 87/88 v Shitty and Pompey.

Not a bad way to get you're STFC career going....
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 19:54:38 »

You're? Deary me Reginald.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:17:16 »

Just read every post...brilliant,was away working,sat in a pub after a long day in London Colney watching Gillette.

Best comment of the night by a geezer at the bar.....fack me that Di Canio has fucked my accumalator up....facking twice this season now Cheesy

Well done on those who went,it really is a vintage time to be a supporter of the Town at the moment for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: