Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42015 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 17:44:59 »

He did.

One thing that really really REALLY gets my goat. We're passing it around, keeping the ball. Walsall pressure, so we're forced to go backwards keeping the ball. Crowd moan and whinge, so we hoof it forward, give it away and they whinge and moan some more

Same with shooting from range. Moan if they don't and unless it goes in they moan again. I want to shoot them
In the words of Peter Griffin, this really grinds my gears....There actually is no pleasing some people! The bloke that sits behind me says the exact same thing to what you just wrote. Pisses me off. Another one of his favourites is 'get it in the blaady box!' when at times we only have one man to aim at against 4 of theirs........I'd much rather we kept possession, whether that means going back to defence and startin again, than just lump it in hope it falls to our player.

Another thing about yesterday was that there was not enough movement from our boys. Again, i put this down to them being jaded. We've played the pass and move/triangles so well all season, but i can't remember seeing much of this yesterday. Although it was nice to see Darby get forward a lot more. He's pretty good at it, so should be encouraged to do it more often.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 17:46:00 »

despite what people may think due to my posts, i'm not one to get angry during games.it's not that important,it's entertainment.
i never boo,or get animated.i tend to laugh at the awful stuff.
Same. Fuck booing. What does that achieve?

laufav

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 17:52:43 »

I've noticed Ferry and Douglas shooting a bit more now.

Me too. Possibly because the crowd seems to have taken to shouting 'shoot' every time one of them touches the ball.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #438 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 17:56:33 »

Same. Fuck booing. What does that achieve?
30 pages on a shit match day thread
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 18:01:40 »

Me too. Possibly because the crowd seems to have taken to shouting 'shoot' every time one of them touches the ball.

What is that all about? It annoys me as it usually shouted when it's completely unfeasible... Can't help with decision making

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 18:04:03 »

30 pages on a shit match day thread
I wouldn't say so

dogs

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 18:27:55 »

What is that all about? It annoys me as it usually shouted when it's completely unfeasible... Can't help with decision making

Where I sit in the DR, it's known as "shoot it". Bloke has the most annoying whining voice as well.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 19:29:07 »

That said, GG and SC both had a shocker yesterday, and Sheehan was also god-awful. Time to shake it up a bit? Bring in JFL and Morrison? I know a few people bum Scott Cuthbert, and maybe rightly so as he has been a class above this season, but no player should be garenteed a place in the starting XI, and after making 2 poor mistakes in the past 3 games which have cost us, i think it's time to warm the bench.
I await Cuhbert's biggest fan in the form of DRS, to tell me i'ma cunt for even suggesting such a thing  Too Cool

A few games ago Greer and Cuthbert got switched so that Greer is on the right and Cuthbert on the left - they haven't looked the same since - neither seems to feel comfortable clearing the ball anymore.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 19:53:25 »

I've read this forum as a guest for as long as I can remember, but for some reason have now felt the need to add my two penneth.  At the start of the season, we'd have jumped at the chance of being in the position we're in, but I can't help but agree with several other people who think if we don't go up it will be a missed opportunity.  If we remain in league 1 next season, it's inevitable that players will move on and then we're back to the rebuilding of the team, which could make it difficult to get promotion next season.  Out of the top 8 teams, we've picked up the least number of points from the last 3 games, which is not good at this stage in the season and the pressure does look like it's starting to tell.  Unfortunately both Billy and Charlie are struggling to find the net and we're too reliant on them.  In previous years, we've had regular scorers from midfield and defence, but they're few and far between in the current team.  We've got nothing in reserver, as Nouble and Pericard are both shite as far as I'm concerned and I don't understand why Wilson is wanting to extend Nouble's load until the end of the season.  He's got no strength and is bullied off the ball with ease.  He doesn't pay attention to what's happening around him and on more than on occasion yesterday, when a free kick or throw was directed at him, he wasn't even looking.  Pericard has a bit more strength but not a lot else.  Sheehan was poor yesterday and I don't understand why Amankwaah wasn't brought on, he injected a bit of pace going forward on Monday, so why not again yesterday?  If we do fail to go up, it will be largely to blame on the last minute equalisers we conceded, which cost us 10 points in total.  4 of those points dropped were against Charlton, which would leave them 7 points behind us instead of 1.  If you deduct the 2 points for last minute equalisers we scored, we would have 8 more points than we have and be sitting easily in 2nd place!  i know that's football, but can't help but wonder  if only?  Anyway, I think Leeds will hang on to 2nd an we will have the excitement of the play-offs.   If we can go back to how we were playing we 're capable of beating any of them, but on the last few games performancess we'll struggle.  Haven't felt so tense about the end of a season for a long time.  Surely we deserve some luck?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 20:05:37 »

Good first post.

The thought of not going up depresses me and I don't want to think about it Sad

This season has been great and the team spirit is very evident.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 20:17:51 »

The thing is, this forum has gone all fucking WACCOE. Some of you seem to thing we have a divine right to be better than everybody else, and in 30 pages and 444 posts, only two people have given the opposition any credit. Maybe they'd done their homework, prepared a game plan and executed it well?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #446 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 20:38:17 »

The thing is, this forum has gone all fucking WACCOE. Some of you seem to thing we have a divine right to be better than everybody else, and in 30 pages and 444 posts, only two people have given the opposition any credit. Maybe they'd done their homework, prepared a game plan and executed it well?
be fair, we have played and can play better than that. That's the point most of us are making I think.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 20:45:27 »

Good post, how many 1:1s at the C.G. have there been with Walsall?  We have not been good enough lately and with five games in quick succession what's so surprising about a jaded performance.  Also, other teams seem to getting wise to us.  The objective all season has been to reach the play-offs, barring a slim mathematical chance we are in the play-offs.  As said earlier in the thread, we are too reliant on Paynter and Austin for goalscoring, two players that may not be at the C.G. next season if rumours have substance.  We are too dependent on loan players.  We need goals from more players, more from set-pieces and certainly more from midfield.  The job of rebuilding is still a work in progress, irrespective of which division we are playing next season.  All along, the policy from the chairman and manager is that they will only sign a player when the right player is available.  They will not repeat the mistakes that put us in Div II and then nearly put us back in Div II.  We have only had a few months of the team in its present form, and with the stability now in this club the playing side will struggle.  I wouldn't be surprised if Norwich, Leeds and Huddersfield are promoted with Huddersfield immediately returning to Div I after just one season.   We were heading for the toilet with Malpas at the helm less than a year and a half ago.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 20:53:21 »

be fair, we have played and can play better than that. That's the point most of us are making I think.

Indeed we have and can. I wasn't criticising our performance - how can I when I didn't go or listen to the commentary - more picking up on the ridiculous over-reaction of a significant number of people on this thread. I'm as disappointed as the next man, but FFS we're fourth and still in with a shout. Thank Leeds mega-meltdown since the end of January for that, otherwise they and Norwich would have been out of sight for the auto spots.

Oh, and fucking spot on Crozzer.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 21:26:18 »

There isn't any maybe about it as me and others have already said. They came to disrupt our passing game by pushing up and closing players down quickly, it worked and we didn't have an answer (which was my main complaint).

I don't get all the people bitching about the complaints. No one is going WACCOE and demanding promotion, they're just pointing out that we could and probably should be in 2nd and they're disappointed. Making the playoffs isn't going to be a failure (it will be a massive achievement even if we don't go up) but it doesn't change the fact that having automatic promotion dangled in front of us and then (maybe) letting it go is going to be a downer.

Come the end of the season, no matter what division we'll be in next year, I reckon pretty much everyone will see this as a success and there won't be any complaints. I'm just happy that we're actually playing decent football that is worth paying to watch, compared to the complete and utter shit we had week in week out last season. But I'm still going to bitch about stuff if I feel the need.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: