Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25497 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:26:10 »

sounds a bit like Ritchie early in his time here

I said the same thing today, he's certainly got skill and potential, he just needs to learn how to use it.

Is Ritchie injured at the moment? I've noticed he's not playing for Bournemouth.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:35:40 »

Well disappointed with the result but going to be patient. The football was very decent at times and we kept hold of the ball really well. Ranger looks to be a really decent signing, he is everything that Williams wasn't. That said, I can't see him scoring many goals but he holds the ball up very well and is good in the air. Wasn't impressed with Pritchard or Mason but I suppose they're not properly fit yet.

We look good for a lower mid table spot, hopefully we can build on it for next season.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:38:46 »

Oh, and Kasim is fucking ace. THE most casual player I've ever seen and loves a decent two footer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:40:37 »

Well disappointed with the result but going to be patient. The football was very decent at times and we kept hold of the ball really well. Ranger looks to be a really decent signing, he is everything that Williams wasn't. That said, I can't see him scoring many goals but he holds the ball up very well and is good in the air. Wasn't impressed with Pritchard or Mason but I suppose they're not properly fit yet.

We look good for a lower mid table spot, hopefully we can build on it for next season.

[devil's advocate]It's hard to build when half your side is made up of loan signings[/devil's advocate]
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:45:59 »

Yeah but by next season all the high earners will be gone and we won't need 5 loan signings just to break even.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 21:16:14 »

Nate Dog

No

Please don't
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 21:21:48 »

I know this sounds a bit wooly, but I feel something is missing in the team and I just cant put my finger on it.

I look at the defence and cant really see anyone in L1 who'd be better than Hall/Ward and NT as full back.

Midfield - again Lungfish is a top player and Mason will be also. Kasim/Harley are also decent.

NR is going to be a right handful at this level.

So, what is it?

Perhaps we need a real nasty bastard in there somewhere

A Charlie Austin type player to score a goal from nothing...at the same time worrying there defence and manager to the extent it would change a match.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 21:33:09 »

I really believe this team has potential and don't think anyone put in a bad shift today. The more I see of Kasim the more I rate him. At one point today he must have attempted 3 tackles in as few seconds, his distribution is top notch and its about time the footballing powerhouse that is Iraq came up with a good footballer. All eyes were on our No.9 today and to be fair he did more than what I was expecting, considering Cooper claimed he wasn't ready to start for a couple of games. Seems to have decent feet for a big fella, holds the ball up well and could be something of an asset, until January at least.

Not sure what Nelson was upset about today, he reminds me of Steve Phillips, seems to have been around for years and never really achieved anything of note. Although it doesn't really say much, I thought the ref was the best we have had at the CG for a while now. Prick of the day has to go to Martin Allen. Seeing the ageing, never quite good enough to be a top manager wobble his way towards the few Pikies that bothered turning up when they made it 2-2 was enough to convince me the Football League Show will be worth a miss tonight.

Nice to see a tramp let in the Town End today too. Down the years he has worn some lovely woolly headwear and used to bounce around like an epileptic flea, often leading 'the left side' into 1 comically fantastic chant after another, upsetting Gary and Kojak regularly, but now he looks a little like an unkempt Steve Coogan in need of a good meal. Hopefully all of his friends that have attended with him down the years will rally round him and put him up on their sofas for a bit.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 21:46:12 »

I said the same thing today, he's certainly got skill and potential, he just needs to learn how to use it.

Is Ritchie injured at the moment? I've noticed he's not playing for Bournemouth.

Yes

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 21:55:39 »

Not sure what Nelson was upset about today,

Nice to see a tramp let in the Town End today too. Down the years he has worn some lovely woolly headwear and used to bounce around like an epileptic flea, often leading 'the left side' into 1 comically fantastic chant after another,

Nelson got upset because the ref, stood fifty yards away claimed he was placing the ball outside of the line for his goal kicks - he wasn't, the ball has to touch the line and after he made a show of pulling it back a yard he carried on as before and nobody noticed.

As regards the tramp - Fred will be upset with you, could almost call you outside Chang-style for that remark!! 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 22:13:11 »

1st game of the season for me today.  Liked the style of play.  Just couldn't convert.  A common problem we've had for years very frustrating. 

I've seen a couple of point saying the ref was really good.  I would usually just say he was shit so he couldn't have been that bad, but he seemed to ignore Ranger being completely wrapped up in the arms of a defender every time a cross came in.

Also Akinfenwa seems to be immune to censure.  Fair enough he cant jump, a fact the ref seemed to take into account and allow him to just run into people.

Should have won, but plenty of positives.

Never knowingly overstated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 22:15:01 »

No

Please don't

Its what my daughter calls him and she's marrying him so there.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 22:18:14 »

Mason looked a right greedy cunt even more than Pritchard but I think Mason seems to have a lot more about him. Early days yet for both.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 22:39:14 »

Seen a lot of stick for Pritchard on here tonight. I actually thought he was alright today and certainly a lot less selfish than he was against Torquay. He seems to have improved a bit in terms of being more direct as well.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 00:46:20 »

Mason looked a right greedy cunt even more than Pritchard but I think Mason seems to have a lot more about him. Early days yet for both.

i thought we moved the ball quicker once mason came on - it seemed as though the other players were looking to him as the man they consider to be our best player in a way, he'll be a massive player for us.  pritchard looked much better to me today, looked more focused on the team than before.

a couple of little negatives as to be expected so early on in the season but loads of positives to be taken i thought. 

storey should have come on, not for ranger even though he did look shot to pieces with about 20 minutes to go, as cooper said he needed to be on the pitch to help out with defending set pieces.  should have taken harley off as him and mason seem like similar players to me - mason the better of the two.

they were slow at the back and i felt we could have stretched them more with miles trying to break the line for about 15 minutes.

shame about the bad fortune for the equaliser, could have gone anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: