Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: short term memory  (Read 2069 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 15:24:57 »

does anyone have any?

i've noticed lately that mine is pretty awful, being at uni where the days merge into each other can't exactly help, but i think i should perhaps start cutting down on the old greenery.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 15:27:57 »

I don't have one. I almost always forget peoples names a minute after they've told me. Long term memory's fine though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 15:35:02 »

yes alcohol seemingly killed mine off long ago. Sometimes i can remember random events from a year ago but not what i ate for dinner!

my days do seemingly merge into one!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 15:58:02 »

i forget names all of the time, but thats due to not concentrating when i'm introduced to people.

the other day i was desperately trying to remember if i'd seen 'house of the flying daggers', the follow-up to 'hero' which i definitely have seen. i concluded that i had and it was one of the best films i'd ever seen, then remembered today that i've not seen it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 16:01:31 »

I forgot everything, they thought I was dyslexic at school so I had some tests which concluded that I basically have no short term memory whatsoever.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 16:07:10 »

i thought you were going to say they concluded you were stupid!  Wink
the way you built up that sentence, i really thought that was what you were going to say. sorry!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 16:08:11 »

I am stupid as well, but I have the memory of a Goldfish to go with it Smiley
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 16:50:46 »

My short term memory is ace, and that is sometimes confused with intelligence. I remember stuff from just reading it, then pass exams basically by recalling everything i read. 3 years later, i can't remember anything from my a-levels whatsoever.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 16:58:02 »

I can remember just from reading stuff as well but that's like medium term memory.

I remember virtualy everything I read and I believe thats what makes me more of a selective individual than someone who doesn't remember anything.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 17:10:27 »

My only problem is remembering how to spell. But fine with everything else.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Amir

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 17:18:15 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

I remember virtualy everything I read and I believe thats what makes me more of a selective individual than someone who doesn't remember anything.

I know a bloke with a photographic memory and he says he can't read papers because it hurts his head.  Must be a bit of a shitter in a way.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 17:22:33 »

the other day i was round my mate mike's flat. he left the room to get a yoghurt and was gone for about 1 minute. he walked back in the room and went "SHIT! forgot you were in here".

a few too many drugs, i think. he's a little slow.
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 19:08:19 »

Often switch on to auto pilot, more often or not at work when I forget names, appointments and the like.

When i was at Uni my subsiduary subject was teaching.  Not something I had chosen and I whinced at the idea initially.  But it was taught by a psychologist and was all about learning style, patterns and the like.

Basicly identified that in traditional learning enviroments I was a pile of crap at remembering things.  One of the assignments was to conduct a working experiment in another module only learning in the style that was identified to be your strongest.  I had to draw loads of pictures stick them up on my wall and spend a couple of minutes learning the associated content each day.

Bloody aced the thing got over 90% without doing a fraction of the work anyone else did, I had to see the tutor and explain why my marks where quite so high.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 19:08:25 »

my mate always used to give me a lift home and forget i was in the car, despite finishing our conversation only 30 seconds before. Always annoying when he did a wrong turn....
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 19:12:01 »

mine's ok
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: