Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 34050 times)
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:49:19 »

How much will a ST cost come end of July?

Drs and/Townend

Will it stil be £299/£269 or is there a deadline?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #121 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:11:24 »

They did announce ticket prices and they were frozen too
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:16:02 »

They did announce ticket prices and they were frozen too

To be honest my biggest bugbear with the new regime has been things like this. Seemingly ill thought out last minute changes.

They are of course insignificant compared to the previous regimes issues, thankfully.

Though this one is a bit of a bigger issue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:21:59 »

This is surely suicide there are not many people that will decide on the day that they want to go to a match and pay £25 for L2 football, fine they will be doing incentives during the season thus making it maybe a bit cheaper for walk up but it does not excuse anything.

The walk up are potential season ticket holders of the future if you have less of them then you have less chance of increasing ST's next season.

I do think this is an own goal from the board, is the trust not going anymore to talk to the club on this as has been done so well previously ?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:25:43 »

I don't get why they didn't announce this while season tickets where still discounted as it would have driven sales surely?

Being slightly cynical of this I'd say it's because it will still drive season ticket sales albeit at a higher price.  As I said earlier I think it's a ploy: they generate more sales and then can drop ticket prices nearer the start of the season and claim it's because theyve listened to the fans. Win-win.
Spencer_White

« Reply #125 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:28:31 »

Interesting quote

"If you’re asking me who I’m conscious of hitting or supporting then obviously I’m going to say I want the Swindon fans to bear as little of the brunt of this as possible.” Wray

I think over the past 5 years stewarding and ticket pricing has become more and more hostile towards away supporters, makes you wonder if a lot of Boards would quite happily get rid of away supporters all together.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:34:19 »

Being slightly cynical of this I'd say it's because it will still drive season ticket sales albeit at a higher price.  As I said earlier I think it's a ploy: they generate more sales and then can drop ticket prices nearer the start of the season and claim it's because theyve listened to the fans. Win-win.

That seems like a good ploy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:34:29 »

Interesting quote

"If you’re asking me who I’m conscious of hitting or supporting then obviously I’m going to say I want the Swindon fans to bear as little of the brunt of this as possible.” Wray

I think over the past 5 years stewarding and ticket pricing has become more and more hostile towards away supporters, makes you wonder if a lot of Boards would quite happily get rid of away supporters all together.

Some people read between the lines, I'm wondering if you even see the lines Spence!

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:39:39 »

I wonder if pat butcher will be stewarding again

The fat cow
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:39:56 »

That seems like a good ploy

It's pretty much the same tactic our un-elected coalition government are using.
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:40:44 »

Real shit move by the board. I decided not to renew as I missed too many games last season + couldn't afford to pay for the ST in one go anyway this time.

You can't even pay in 10 monthly instalments anymore by the look of it? Only 5 monthly payments now.

If they had stated this from the start, me and probably a lot of others would have renewed at the Phase one price - 10 monthly instalments of £28.90. I'm not gonna be going to many home games when I have to pay nearly that for one game a month.

Obviously there is a fair few localish/southern away games so will probably be going to more away than home this time, disappointing.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:46:22 »

The board could be planning to have offers for every single home game and are only putting the advertised prices up as a way to make the balance sheet more attractive to the FL when it comes to ratifying the projections for the wage cap?!

There's also no mention of advanced ticket prices so they could do a deal on those and sting the buy-on-the-day fans.

I guess we could do with some clarity from the board on this. Anyone emailed JW or NW yet?
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:57:10 »

I wouldn't worry too much: given just about everything Wray has said so far it'll probably turn out to be bullshit.

Other than that it's a monstrous disgrace and an embarrassment, even more so if it's a cynical ploy to twist a few more season ticket sales and then reduce the matchdays again.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:01:40 »

Fuck it, Back to the townend for me if the tickets are £25.  Not a bad thing really.

Never knowingly overstated.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:12:27 »

I guess we could do with some clarity from the board on this. Anyone emailed JW or NW yet?

I'd like them to explain why they have changed the matchday prices from those published in the season ticket brochure.

Whilst there is some text missing it still very clearly states matchday tickets will be £20. This is backed up by the "save up to £201" text which you get from 23 * 20 = £460 vs £259 season ticket = £201 saving.

Makes it even worse that Wray seems totally oblivious to this and it gets no mention at all in his statement.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: