Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FC United  (Read 1464 times)
Dazzza

« on: Monday, July 18, 2005, 22:56:47 »

The breakaway Manchester club scored 2k for their first ever friendly at the weekend and have agreed a deal to groundshare with Bury at Gigg Lane for the forthcoming season.

Interesting read here...

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s237/st76787.htm

They look to have some serious backing at the moment and it will be interesting to see if they can sustain it after the initial novelty value wears of.

CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 18, 2005, 23:02:38 »

cantona as manager???  
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 01:14:16 »

they can fuck off, I hope everyone gets bored when the novelty wears off.
STFC Village

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 04:05:36 »

I'm glad that AFC Wimbledon seems to be going well, they truly did have the heart and soul of their football club ripped out, and i wish them every success, as i'm sure most genuine fans will.

This team, however, is pointless. Most of the fans going to the pre-season games will be going back to Old Trashford as soon as the season starts, particularly if there's short-term success. Takeovers happen all the time, football these days is business, get the fuck over it!!!!! :evil:
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 05:45:29 »

Sad bastards the lot of em'!
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 06:05:38 »

Well I think its absolute quality, and wish them all the best.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 08:15:22 »

They are idiots. United has been run by money men after a profit for the last 20+ years, why is Glazier so different? He knows that the only way to make a profit is to get the team winning things on the pitch.  

They act is if Glazier has stolen the club from the fans, when in reality one rich man has bought the club from several rich men. Braindead northern monkeys the lot of them.:nuts:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 10:04:40 »

I mostly agree with Pie, though I can see their point in that a club should not use its own resources for somebody to buy it! However thems the rules and united have gained from them until now.

FC United - Its not like Man U have relocated or anything. I can see price rises coming but whoopie do. I just don't see the point in it all, though if that is what they want then I wish them no harm. Suprised they only pulled in 2K. I thought that tens of thousands of United supporters weren't renewing their season tickets. Are they all City fans now?
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 10:07:19 »

no they will all go back to supporting there local clubs exeter, torquay and southend  Cheesy
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 10:30:41 »

i can see why they would want to do it....but to be honest, its not as if there club is dying. I don't feel sorry for them at all

oh no...you have to pay more money for tickets...you get a guaranteed 20 mil for transfers each summer. oh deary me.
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 12:55:47 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i can see why they would want to do it....but to be honest, its not as if there club is dying. I don't feel sorry for them at all

oh no...you have to pay more money for tickets...you get a guaranteed 20 mil for transfers each summer. oh deary me.

£20 million for transfers is awful, i can see why they started up their own team!  :shock:
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 14:07:26 »

it was not as good as good old swindon city....now there was a team

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 16:44:05 »

They are dissolusioned with the general state of the game as it has become. The sickening fake plastic no soul whore that is current top level English football. They wanted part of something that is personal to them.

Whats so shit about a team solely for the fans on the terraces? Is that such a fucking awful scenario nowadays? For example, signing players just to sell shirts in China? WTF is that? Fuck off!

And as for 'Takeovers happen all the time, football these days is business, get the fuck over it!!!!!'.  NEVER!  :fu:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 16:47:43 »

Quote from: "bennett"
it was not as good as good old swindon city....now there was a team

That was shit and got relegated from Division 7 last season?!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 18:32:33 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
They are dissolusioned with the general state of the game as it has become. The sickening fake plastic no soul whore that is current top level English football. They wanted part of something that is personal to them.

Whats so shit about a team solely for the fans on the terraces? Is that such a fucking awful scenario nowadays? For example, signing players just to sell shirts in China? WTF is that? Fuck off!

And as for 'Takeovers happen all the time, football these days is business, get the fuck over it!!!!!'.  NEVER!  :fu:

Too right Comrade White.

These people have got off their arses and orginised something.They have tried to reclaim their club or at least the spirit of it.I think they are to be applauded they could have just sat back and moaned .

The trouble is people think ALL United fans are arm chair glory hunters and this just isnt the case.Dont let your prejudice blind you.

/
W56196272
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: