Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 61092 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:00:37 »

What about Crawley, Burton, Morecambe and Aldershot?

I don't think we should be disrespecting any team in this league, we've ended up there for a reason....we're not very good at football.  The issue now is how we're going to stop the rot and start to rebuild...this will need some major decisions to be got right, in the way they haven't this season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:05:24 »

I was only jesting Reggie.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, March 19, 2011, 20:06:13 »

I was only jesting Reggie.

Don't think Lumps was...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 20:36:57 »

I don't think we should be disrespecting any team in this league, we've ended up there for a reason....we're not very good at football.  The issue now is how we're going to stop the rot and start to rebuild...this will need some major decisions to be got right, in the way they haven't this season.
It's depressing to think that we will be in the same league as Morcambe, Accrington, Burton, Macclesfield etc next season.  I don't see that as being direspectful to those teams though. It's when people start saying, "Ooooh, we should be beating the likes of Morcambe/Accrington/Burton etc" that disrespect comes into it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 07:36:05 »

Sad Looks like Vale and Rotherham will be hanging around for next season, with Torquay and Stevenage making late runs for auto....good news could be Accrington Stanley making a late bid for the PO's....only Chesterfield have lost less than Stanley.
Spencer_White

« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 18:40:49 »

Blimey, big bird for these two.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/8922725.Drunken_Reading_football_chanter_attacked_with_fence_post___two_men_jailed/?ref=mr
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 16:35:38 »

Bummer....Wovers look like they're going to put a fly in the ointment....can see Tranmere going now  Sad

Barnet....could still do it, although hopefully not at the expense of the Cobblers, who are dropping like a stone under the management of Johnson, a man seen as a Messiah here by some.

It would be a shame if we miss a chance of a new ground at Burton at the expense of another lose at Underhill where we have more of the crowd.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 16:39:05 »

Bummer....Wovers look like they're going to put a fly in the ointment....can see Tranmere going now  Sad

Barnet....could still do it, although hopefully not at the expense of the Cobblers, who are dropping like a stone under the management of Johnson, a man seen as a Messiah here by some.

It would be a shame if we miss a chance of a new ground at Burton at the expense of another lose at Underhill where we have more of the crowd.

Bloody hell of a result today..Burton 1 Barnet 4..Burton were 1-0 up at half time  Huh?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 16:46:10 »

I bet everyone's looking forward to playing us
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 16:47:58 »

I bet everyone's looking forward to playing us

That actually made me chuckle..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 19:19:44 »

It's depressing to think that we will be in the same league as Morcambe, Accrington, Burton, Macclesfield etc next season.  I don't see that as being direspectful to those teams though. It's when people start saying, "Ooooh, we should be beating the likes of Morcambe/Accrington/Burton etc" that disrespect comes into it.

but shouldn't we?
Coca Fola

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 19:26:13 »

but shouldn't we?
We should.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 19:57:53 »

but shouldn't we?

Not just because we are the 'mighty' Swindon Town, no. That's exactly the attitude that the Forest/Leeds/Southampton/Wendies fans have had when we beat them (wow, yes, I vaguely remember when we used to do that to teams...any way I digress) and what I think most of us hate about those 'big' clubs. It's about 11 v 11 on the pitch and who wants it more. Nothing else is of any relevance whatsoever.
Coca Fola

« Reply #268 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 19:59:30 »

Not just because we are the 'mighty' Swindon Town, no. That's exactly the attitude that the Forest/Leeds/Southampton/Wendies fans have had when we beat them (wow, yes, I vaguely remember when we used to do that to teams...any way I digress) and what I think most of us hate about those 'big' clubs. It's about 11 v 11 on the pitch and who wants it more. Nothing else is of any relevance whatsoever.
But those teams should beat us. It's a fact.
Panda Paws

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 20:02:23 »

No, we should beat them because the budget put in place will be in the top handful in that division, so we should have one of the strongest squads.

I don't think we should challenge for the L2 title nest year because we're a big club for L2, I think we should challenge because we'll have one of the biggest budgets and followings. It's not arrogance, it's logic.

The table is rarely far from the ranking of budgets, which is why this season has been even worse than it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: