Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 61072 times)
woolster

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 21:51:58 »

it tells me alot of fans are stuck in the past.

i loved the shrivvy road stand.it was the best place i ever watched football.
it was still a rusting old shit hole though.
yeah when they had the caged area for home fans next to the bank
Spencer_White

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 21:57:49 »

it tells me alot of fans are stuck in the past.

i loved the shrivvy road stand.it was the best place i ever watched football.
it was still a rusting old shit hole though.

I think standing to watch football will always create more excitment than sitting down.

The question of 'better' is not just a question of concrete and plastic. Its about the experience of the fans at that ground.

Besides, as Ive said at least 4 times in this thread already, the pitch is far far too far away from the stands at the Kassam. Its a rediculous half finnished relic.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 21:59:09 »

just to elaborate....
i know as it's our ground the county ground is special,but if we take the rose tinted glasses off then it's not all that is it?
the drs is very similar to alot of modern stands that aint the bowl type(flat pack concrete).the arkells is an older shit version with 2 fucking poles in the way to piss us off.
the townend is like a shed,and the less said about the stratton bank the better.
so yeah the kassam(cough) is better then the county ground.3 sides or not.
our 4th stand is the stratton bank for fucks sake.hardly ever used
The CG is not great. But at least it's full of history, tradition and memories. The Kassam's got nothing going for it whatsoever.
woolster

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 22:11:33 »

just to elaborate....
i know as it's our ground the county ground is special,but if we take the rose tinted glasses off then it's not all that is it?
the drs is very similar to alot of modern stands that aint the bowl type(flat pack concrete).the arkells is an older shit version with 2 fucking poles in the way to piss us off.
the townend is like a shed,and the less said about the stratton bank the better.
so yeah the kassam(cough) is better then the county ground.3 sides or not.
our 4th stand is the stratton bank for fucks sake.hardly ever used
it has a lot history unlike that 3 sided shithole, but you are right in that since all seating etc it has all gone, but the same can be said for a lot of grounds, anfeild used to be awsome before it was seated
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 22:18:53 »

When I went to the Kassam I found it to be a soulless shell of a stadium whose only redeeming feature was its fence.

I like shit old stadiums more than identikit new sterile stadia. I love big fuck off floodlights. I love shitty old stands and terraces. Give me a wanky old dell over a Saint Mary's any day. In every respect inferior to its modern counterpart, but with about a million times more character.

I know the financial aspects have to trump all thee things in the end. But I like our crappy ground.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 23:33:45 »

I loved accy stanley last time we went. The pub before was quality.

Chips n gravy.

sussex bought me a pint too
Spencer_White

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:44:39 »

I maintain that the way grounds are built at the moment is the way that Board members and executives want grounds built. One day someone will build a ground the way and in a place the fans want a ground built. That day that ground will blow all the other grounds that have been built since the mid 1990's out of the water.

In Germany they listen. Their new grounds are far superior to ours.

The West Ham thing at the moment is completely laughable. Do they actually think they will increase their attendances going to a running track stadium!?!?
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:49:51 by Spencer_White » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 12:48:54 »

The West Ham thing at the moment is completely laughable. Do they actually think they will increase their attendances going to a running track stadium!?!?
No but Gold and Sullivan will trousers many millions of pounds...so what do they care.

If fans want stands etc of a certain type, then they should pay for them as happened with the TE.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:52:42 »

The most famous ground in the world had a dog track around it for years...Wembley.....The Shed End fans at Stamford Bridge more than compensated the fact the there was a massive distance to the pitch.

Its the fans who have changed.....many grounds used to have tracks round them....Hull had a speedway track as well i think......the vocal support generally is not the same...of course grounds like ours and QPR are great for watching along with lots of others but just because there is a running track round the ground should not detract from a good atmosphere.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 13:54:51 by leefer » Logged
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:12:01 »

Talking of great grounds, I can't wait till easter monday. Never been to Hillsborough before and it's a proper old fashioned, big ground.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:20:46 »

The most famous ground in the world had a dog track around it for years...Wembley.....The Shed End fans at Stamford Bridge more than compensated the fact the there was a massive distance to the pitch.

Its the fans who have changed.....many grounds used to have tracks round them....Hull had a speedway track as well i think......the vocal support generally is not the same...of course grounds like ours and QPR are great for watching along with lots of others but just because there is a running track round the ground should not detract from a good atmosphere.

Not forgetting Poole Town's former home, which has a speedway and greyhound track around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poole_Stadium
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:23:51 »

Northampton had a cricket ground at the side of their ground ! Not sure what the atmosphere was like though.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:26:20 »

Since we're talking unusual stadiums. Here's a top 10. Some outlandish ones here:

http://www.oddee.com/item_97059.aspx
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:44:00 »

Northampton had a cricket ground at the side of their ground ! Not sure what the atmosphere was like though.

There were a few cricket and football grounds together....Northampton, Bramall Lane, Sheff U and Feethams, Darlo spring to mind.....our CG is possibly the last one, and another reason why it's ace, and should be treasured.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #104 on: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 14:49:53 »

and don't forget Eastville with its dog and speedway track around it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: