Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 1650 ... 2658   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5168729 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24690 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 19:48:31 »

He barely looked at the road for over 1km. Fuck.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24691 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 22:41:56 »

Has the headline changed?

The dashcam footage is grim. I guess the family gave permission for its release in the hope of shocking people into not using their phone while driving. Hopefully its brought it home to some.

I meant the headline was disgusting. Obviously the story is too, but the thought of contributing to the Mail existing makes me feel ill as fuck, which is why I wish people wouldn't link to it when they do something awful.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24692 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 08:09:00 »

When people rant about a company on social media and end it with "that's the last time I shop with them" or "you have just lost my custom" as if its going to make a difference.

I really don't think Mr. Sainsbury is sat in his office shitting himself because he just lost out on your 50quid a week shopping.

Its like letters in Private Eye which always end with the writer 'cancelling their subscription', at least they have turned such nonsense into a joke.

Is it really any different to people cancelling their accounts on social media to 'make a statement'?

See, I completely disagree with this attitude. I admire people who make the effort to let a business know when they've been let down. I mainly just make a mental note not to go back there.

Of course companies are rarely impacted by your individual protests, but this is about you, not them. If you feel you've been wronged in some way, don't you owe it to yourself to do something about it? Or do you just shrug your shoulders when you've been ripped off? Do you only hold a view when you think a load of other people do too? Yeah, I know that's not what you meant, but it's that sort of thinking that saw all those apathetic non-voting millennials lose a stake in their future.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24693 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 09:46:14 »

I see your point, I seem to be annoyed by small things recently, especially Facebook posts.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24694 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 09:52:39 »

I meant the headline was disgusting. Obviously the story is too, but the thought of contributing to the Mail existing makes me feel ill as fuck, which is why I wish people wouldn't link to it when they do something awful.

Its just a little idea but.... don't click on it then? We live in a Country with a free media (which sadly includes the Mail) but it cannot all be like the Guardian (and I don't mean poorly written by journalists on zero hours contracts!)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24695 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 09:55:01 »

I see your point, I seem to be annoyed by small things recently, especially Facebook posts.

What's up hun....  Wink

(another annoying thing from Facebook is the 'worst day ever' attention seeking posts which inevitably lead to a stream of enquiries (what's up hun posts) as the poster originally intended.)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24696 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:20:54 »

See, I completely disagree with this attitude. I admire people who make the effort to let a business know when they've been let down. I mainly just make a mental note not to go back there.

Reminds me of going in, what was the Cross Keys in Wood Street back in the late 70's. I had 2 very fit young punkettes with me, very striking, in the fashion of the day. I was wearing a suit, albeit 60's mod.

Got drinks and sat down for a quiet chat, about half way through the landlord came over and said abruptly "drink up, we don't want your sort in here"  I pointed out to him calmly, that my sort ought to be the type he should be looking to attract, namely professional, university educated, pillar of the community. This just seemed to anger him further.  So I pointed out to him on leaving that I'd never set foot in the establishment again.

Which I didn't until about 4 or 5 years ago, when on a works do, the young things wanted to go into Baker Street, as it had become....I tried to explain my problem with it, but they convinced me I was being a silly old bugger. TBF the place was so unlike the old Cross Keys, it wasn't like going back in there anyway.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24697 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:21:05 »

What's up hun....  Wink

(another annoying thing from Facebook is the 'worst day ever' attention seeking posts which inevitably lead to a stream of enquiries (what's up hun posts) as the poster originally intended.)
I'll PM you
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24698 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:34:16 »

I feel today will be a ranting day.
Rant #3  Women breastfeeding in public. What is peoples issue with it? Its a boob, we've all seen them before, if you don't like it, don't look. Some women, such as my wife would never breastfeed in public unless it was absolutely needed and then she would cover up, but if a woman want to pop a tit out and let her child have some chow then what's the big deal.
What annoys me even more is when establishments such as shops, hotels, restaurant etc etc demand a mother stop breastfeeding when in fact she is protected by the law which allows her to breastfeed in public.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24699 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 11:52:24 »

You see more in a Dove Ad.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #24700 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 13:19:29 »

Virgin media, was looking forward to 200mb broadband and moving away from sky, came and laid the cable Friday outside the house, engineer on sat to install in the house, spent hours faffing around to find there was an issue with the cable they laid Friday, turns out they don't test it after installing it?! Promised it would be fixed Monday to find out after me chasing them that team doesn't work Mondays.... phone them today, yeah issue can't be fixed till 28th of December.... fucking have to go back to sky with my tail between my legs.... cunts!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24701 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:07:57 »

All this FIFA/poppy bollocks. I'm further annoyed at myself for contributing to it by posting this, but it's top of every fucking news channel that FIFA "won't let us commemorate our dead". Which is wilfully misrepresenting a perfectly sensible rule (and I never expected to say that about FIFA) bannning political and religious messaging on shirts.

You may not consider the poppy a political message, but if commemorating war dead is to be acceptable on international shirts, what happens when Ukraine play in shirts commemorating those who died in Russia's annexation of the Crimea? What about when Israel play in shirts specially designed to honour those killed in attacks by their neighbours? I'm afraid the Sun simply don't get to decide what is and isn't a political symbol, and the fact that it gets brought up in parliament really rather proves that it is. It may well be a political symbol that most (not all) agree with, but that doesn't make it apolitical.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24702 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:17:22 »

All this FIFA/poppy bollocks. I'm further annoyed at myself for contributing to it by posting this, but it's top of every fucking news channel that FIFA "won't let us commemorate our dead". Which is wilfully misrepresenting a perfectly sensible rule (and I never expected to say that about FIFA) bannning political and religious messaging on shirts.

You may not consider the poppy a political message, but if commemorating war dead is to be acceptable on international shirts, what happens when Ukraine play in shirts commemorating those who died in Russia's annexation of the Crimea? What about when Israel play in shirts specially designed to honour those killed in attacks by their neighbours? I'm afraid the Sun simply don't get to decide what is and isn't a political symbol, and the fact that it gets brought up in parliament really rather proves that it is. It may well be a political symbol that most (not all) agree with, but that doesn't make it apolitical.

I think the manner to which the poppy has been grasped and completely misrepresented as a political symbol by groups like Britain First etc have led to the unfortunate but undeniable politicisation of it as an symbol.....

More importantly in over 40 years I have never come up with a way of making a poppy stay on my clothes?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24703 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 15:27:05 »

I think the manner to which the poppy has been grasped and completely misrepresented as a political symbol by groups like Britain First etc have led to the unfortunate but undeniable politicisation of it as an symbol.....

More importantly in over 40 years I have never come up with a way of making a poppy stay on my clothes?

cement?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #24704 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 16:37:20 »

I guess this is where a compromise is needed, after all what about the Malta flag which has the George Cross on it or indeed playing Australia whose flag has the Union one as a legacy of Empire

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 1646 [1647] 1648 1649 1650 ... 2658   Go Up
Print
Jump to: