Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon-Wrexham Matchday Thread.  (Read 18363 times)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 21:17:14 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
Pook was absolutely shite...with Roberts not far behind.

The miss by Pook was absolutely shocking.

Zaaaaaaaaabbbbooooobbbb was MOM with Shakes (yes Shakes) not far behind.

Shakes actually went past their full back a number of times , and put decent crosses in from the byline, and had a shot off the line just after the pen.

The sooner Pook gets dropped the better. Even Jerel Ifil has got a similar goal scoring record as Pook.  Smiley

pook should have hit the target but what about shakes breakthrough in the second half?or his woefull first touches?shakes did ok, but so did pook.
not one great the other shit.thats so wrong
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 21:20:28 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Summerof69"
Pook was absolutely shite...with Roberts not far behind.

The miss by Pook was absolutely shocking.

Zaaaaaaaaabbbbooooobbbb was MOM with Shakes (yes Shakes) not far behind.

Shakes actually went past their full back a number of times , and put decent crosses in from the byline, and had a shot off the line just after the pen.

The sooner Pook gets dropped the better. Even Jerel Ifil has got a similar goal scoring record as Pook.  Smiley

shakes got lucky and everyone is raving about him :roll:
pook should have hit the target but what about shakes breakthrough in the second half?or his woefull first touches?shakes did ok, but so did pook.
not one great the other shit.thats so wrong

to be fair, Shakes has played well the last three games now, which to me anyway indicates that its a bit more than luck. Sturrock has said Ricky is working alot on his crossing and I think it shows.

Pook should have hit the target, but to be fair to him it wasnt his strongest foot.

Rickys one, I was right behind. I'm not sure and I dont think he was sure whether he crossed it or had a shot...if it had been an inch either way it would have been a goal or a cross to Lukas for a tap in....

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 21:23:49 »

i'm not knocking shakes as he has improved although his touch is still poor, today his workrate compensated for it.hope he carries on and gets better.by getting lucky i was refering to the first goal after his abysmal touches but he kiept fighting in his defence which led to the goal
sonic youth

« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 21:42:36 »

i can't really comment on shakes today but it seems as though he's working on the strengths first and foremost, he'll never be a great crosser and his first touch will only ever improve slightly.

what's most important is that he utilises the positive parts of his game, his pace and ability to take players on - the more he does that, the more often he'll get into good positions to cross or square the ball and the less wasteful he will seem.

if he only puts in one or two crosses in a game and they're both poor, it's disappointing whereas if he puts in half a dozen then there's likely to be one or two better balls in amongst those and chances are created.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 21:44:05 »

E I E I E I O up the football.....]

You doubters are all cunts and I am very drunk... Cool
kevjoycreed

« Reply #140 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 10:08:28 »

Quote from: "DV85"

to be fair, Shakes has played well the last three games now, which to me anyway indicates that its a bit more than luck. Sturrock has said Ricky is working alot on his crossing and I think it shows.

I'd mostly agree with that, Shakes biggest failing is falling into the centre of the field to often. When play is going up the left or deep in our own half Shakes seems to drift in to far thus leaving no 'out' ball to the right flank. To me a winger should hug the touchline, then his pace and ability to take on thier full backs can be used to it's full effect, also allowing the strikers to go through the middle not come wide to make up for Shake's absence.
Bartek

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 10:39:35 »

It looks like dance training gives great effects to the form of Shakes !!!  Wink
STFC Village

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 13:02:33 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
It'll be another close one, if we win by more than 1 goal it'll be a surprise.

2-1, early and late goals by Lukas J
Oooooo, myself and Richie boy got it right for a change.

I don't think i filled it in on the prediction league though Doh
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 13:11:51 »

Village you escaped the Merlin in one piece then?
STFC Village

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 13:14:02 »

Yes, i am still a piece

Why are you 'hiding'?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 13:43:34 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Yes, i am still a piece

Why are you 'hiding'?

I'm not, I'm sat at my desk plain as day  Cheesy
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 17:50:43 »

Booooooooooooooob is my hero,once again he was ACE. What a signing.
Peacock did well, Weston was good, shakes was very good, Ifil did'nt have a very good game but I still think he's quality.
3 points off that top spot, we can most definately do it if we keep playing the way we are at the moment. Yesterdays over all performance was good, not as good as it could of been but given the conditions I think they did very well. Played some brilliant football.

RED ARMY
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:15:20 »

Highlights now up

Scot Munroe

« Reply #148 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:17:23 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Highlights now up

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process. that is what is says.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:18:15 »

Just keep trying. It'll be there soon. Trust me  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: