Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Saints V's Swindon Matchday thread.  (Read 56820 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 00:52:07 »

Btw comments take a while to show up. I've done 2 now. Oh well they'll get the message. Cheesy
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 00:53:27 »

Absolutely fucking marvellous result ! Couldn't praise the Town enough. I'll go to bed with a big fuck off grin on my face now thinking how we're putting the shits up the likes of Dirty Leeds, Southampton and hopefully Narrge on saturday !.......oh and the thought of the scum fans not liking this one bit (well done to Stevenage too) Smug Fuck Off
Panda Paws

« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 00:53:49 »

Got back about 45 mins ago, still fucking buzzing. First half we got dicked, no two ways about it, but defensively we were superb, throwing ourselves in the way of everything, with Smithy pulling off a couple of worldies as well.

Second half, the two wide boys pushed on to their full-backs and stopped them bombing on. When we won the ball, we looked lethal just dropping it behind their full backs and the front three were very fluid and dangerous.

Greer and JFL were fucking immense, as was Smith, who caught everything. Austin couldn't walk by the end he was that shattered, Marshy and Ward were dangerous on the break and worked hard defensively, but my mom was JD. Absolutely fucking incredible performance. Stopped them play so many times, and when he got his foot on the ball, he slowed us down, made sure we kept the ball and looked to create.

Our fans were quality, especially last 10 obviously. There was about 20 mins between about the 60th and 80th where the whole ground was quiet with nerves and tension and what not but other than a great atmosphere. There fans were shit and fucking scummy, booing cuthbert when he was down injured even the second time when it was clear he was seriously hurt.

All in all, a fucking incredible night, i'll be buzzing off this for days!
Panda Paws

« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 01:14:17 »

Tosser, this bloke needs bombarding! TEF Pressure Group?
Talk Talk

« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 01:16:05 »

1-0. Solid Town defence, good covering midfield.

Charlie to score on the break from a Marshall cross  Grin

I rock  Cheesy

What a brilliant away trip. Fantastic support, I loved every minute.

YOUUUUUUU REDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 01:19:18 »

Just got back from game after winning £400 notes at casini :_)

First half they should have been in front, but didnt take chances.

Second half we were superior.

Draw would have been fair result, but happy with win.

Saints fans are shit,  worse then us at the county ground
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 02:09:10 »

WOW! What a night. Got back at about 1am and was still buzzing, as I am now!

People have summed the game up well, so all I'm going to add is that every player gave everything they had tonight. Southampton chucked everything at us in the first half and then again towards the end. To hold on with 10 men was fantastic.

Looks like we'll be putting a mixture of reserves and youths out on Saturday the way things are going. It'll be a very tough game and I can see us suffering from fatigue after a very tough game tonight. But if there's a good crowd and everybody gets behind the lads then anything's possible. I thought there was no chance of a win tonight and the lads proved me wrong.

As for the Leeds thread, I think I've given up caring what they think. Let's just wait and see what the league table looks like in May.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 02:50:41 »

Haha that's fucking ridiculous. I'll be keeping tabs on the comments
One F In Fitton

« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 03:26:48 »

If we can hold them out for 30 mins, & quieten their fans, then it's all to play for.

I'm quite happy with that part of my earlier post - we held on when we had to then grew into the game very frikkin nicely.
Been back in West-Oxon for a good while now but I've been reading forums, local paper sites etc. Seems like half the Stains fans are talking shit about us being tinpot with no fans & the other half being big enough to say how impressed they were with us. Spoke to a couple of them after the game & they were impressed with our performance, said we looked like a classy team on the ball, defended & attacked well & were surprised at our offensive attitude.
They pinned us for much of the first half & I was thinking we were gonna be fucked after an hour if it stayed like that. But it was chalk & cheese because 2nd half we gained the upper hand by competing more aggressively, winning more headers/2nd balls etc then calmly popping the ball about. It quickly developed into sharp attacking play using the width of the pitch on both flanks, and then a little slipped ball through the middle and Austin did what he does to reward our excellent 2nd half play. Can't wait to see it again because it was right in front of us and it just went fucking berserk. From when you just knew Austin was gonna get to the ball before the keeper, then when he flicked it past him & ran round his other side, then when you were just waiting for him to roll it into the empty net, then the celebrations at the corner flag - just a magic, fantastic moment. Won't forget that in a hurry.
Smith had a real presence about him, commanding & very safe hands, GG & Lecs were giants, Darby grew & I'm sure will continue to, JD was immense, putting tackle after tackle in & calmly moving the ball around, Ferry caused havoc in the 2nd half, they couldn't pick him up & he started attack after attack, JPM ran his bollocks off, MM & Wardy both attacked well down the flanks & worked hard, & Austin looked like he'd been playing the lone striker role for years - this boy is the absolute real-deal/dog's bollocks.
Great fun abusing the Stains fans on the streets in our convoy of double-deckers en route back to the park & ride  Moon Smug Fuck Off Banana Dancing
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 05:06:47 »

"Swindon got to the second ball 9 times out of 10, the hardest working team i've seen all season."

From another forum. That sentence makes me so happy. We've had some praise for our nice play at times, but there's nothing like reading that the lads worked their bollocks off and gave their all for the club. Best group of players for a long time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 05:08:31 by SCM » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 06:57:27 »

It shows the sad state of lower league football when our players can step up against the 'big teams' for a couple of games, but can't manage to do the same against the local rivals.

I would have swapped last nights win and the leeds home win for 6 points off rovers.

Ignore me. I'm in a bad mood this morning. Drank too much. Had to get up.

Bad combo.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 07:30:48 »

Mid table also rans?

HOW.....FUCKING.....THICK!!!!!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 07:32:52 »

Mid table also rans?

HOW.....FUCKING.....THICK!!!!!

Er that comment isn't referring to us it's saying we made saints look like mid tables also rans last night. Woosh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 07:33:15 »

That is funny. As I just pointed out, since they raised their game to win their cup final against Man U how many back to back games have they won?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 07:40:47 »

Er that comment isn't referring to us it's saying we made saints look like mid tables also rans last night. Woosh?

whoops
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: