Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Saints V's Swindon Matchday thread.  (Read 56790 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:07:20 »

Only seen JFl at cb once, at peterboro last season, he did look pretty good then, glad it wasn't a one off.
DMR

« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:09:34 »

What an amazing result, outstanding even. Bang on track now, in fact back in the automatic race... Leeds away is looking massive again.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:20:35 »

12 heroes tonight(well done Lecs when you came on).We battled to play our football and caused
them problems in the 2nd half with our passing and movement.Above all we kept our shape.

Although the experienced players played very well,i just want to mention Charlie,Ferry and Wardy
who i thought were immense tonight.They really looked as if they enjoyed playing at St Mary's and
proved a point to everyone with their quality.Wardy was great with his pace and movement,Charlie
i knew you'd score when you pushed the ball past Davis! Ferry covered every blade,but just miss
controlled the ball and in stretching caught their player.We knew the ref was going to go to his
pocket for a 2nd yellow.Even so,you can be proud of your performace tonight Simon.

I feared that Cuthbert had picked up a ligament injury.Couldn't believe the Saints fans reactions to
what was obviously a serious injury.

Our fans were immense in their support,putting the Saints fans to shame,they just don't get behind
their side for 90 minutes.Smithy deserved a bit of luck with them hitting the woodwork, as his handling was very good tonight.

Danny will now need to beg,steal and borrow some loan players.

Red Army!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:27:08 »

Ben trying to post this for about an hour. Keep gwetting error messages. Knowing my Blackberry I've probably posted it 5 times already

That was quality.

What pleased me most was the fringe players stepping up.

I'm a Phil Smith fan but I don't think he's as good as Lucas. Tonight he was every bit as good as Lucas. Caught most things and those he didn't catch he punched well enough. A lot more communication with the defence.

When Cuthbert went off I was worried as he's been nothing short of excellent for us BUT step up LJF, tonight he was a fucking rock. He won every header and made every tackle. Impressed with him and pleased for him.

Marshall had a decent game, chased everything and never gave up despite being bullied and literally pushed around by Wayne Thomas. Some good runs and crosses to.

The usual suspects were quality to. Greer, JPM, Douglas, Ferry and Ward.

Darby looked solid at right back.

Austin did well, was clearly fucked towards the end but still at least tried to chase everything. Fucking great finisher.

He is the best finisher I have ever seen.

Pardew did the team talk for us. Fucking cock. Ex Reading cunt.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:27:34 »

I'm almost crying after that Mr mayes.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:28:40 »

Ben trying to post this for about an hour. Keep gwetting error messages. Knowing my Blackberry I've probably posted it 5 times already

That was quality.

What pleased me most was the fringe players stepping up.

I'm a Phil Smith fan but I don't think he's as good as Lucas. Tonight he was every bit as good as Lucas. Caught most things and those he didn't catch he punched well enough. A lot more communication with the defence.

When Cuthbert went off I was worried as he's been nothing short of excellent for us BUT step up LJF, tonight he was a fucking rock. He won every header and made every tackle. Impressed with him and pleased for him.

Marshall had a decent game, chased everything and never gave up despite being bullied and literally pushed around by Wayne Thomas. Some good runs and crosses to.

The usual suspects were quality to. Greer, JPM, Douglas, Ferry and Ward.

Darby looked solid at right back.

Austin did well, was clearly fucked towards the end but still at least tried to chase everything. Fucking great finisher.

He is the best finisher I have ever seen.

Pardew did the team talk for us. Fucking cock. Ex Reading cunt.

What a cunt! (only twice) Wink
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:29:26 »

How many loan players are we allowed to play at once? Might become a bit of a problem here.

Ward, Ferry, Darby, Sheehan are all on loan, if the maximum is five in the squad we can only add one more to that, and that's presuming Ritchie (also on loan) drops out of the squad entirely.

I don't think the loan system can help us all that much really.
trogladite

« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:29:47 »

My nil nil prediction was spot on.  As was my prediction of a Leyton Orient type performance. 

Really chuffed with the result and I will not doubt our resolve again this season.

Embarrassed
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:33:22 »

Pardew's post-match analysis: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1996418,00.html

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:34:29 »

How many loan players are we allowed to play at once? Might become a bit of a problem here.

Ward, Ferry, Darby, Sheehan are all on loan, if the maximum is five in the squad we can only add one more to that, and that's presuming Ritchie (also on loan) drops out of the squad entirely.

I don't think the loan system can help us all that much really.

It is 5, and although we have injuries/suspensions i say go with the squad, maybe a short term striker/defender a la Warhurst would do us....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:34:36 »

Jesus Mary. Came in ten minutes ago expecting us to have been done 3 or 4. This has made my day, and made me even more pissed off that i didn't fucking drive down

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:35:01 »

Just got in, still bouncing, won't be able to talk in the morning, voice going already. Not read the rest of this but no doubt everyone's already said everything that needs saying so just this - How fucking great are we?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:35:31 »

It is 5, and although we have injuries/suspensions i say go with the squad, maybe a short term striker/defender a la Warhurst would do us....

Think Warhurst may be a bit past it myself.

The only decent centre back / centre forward i can think of is virgo...

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:36:05 »

Dion Dublin thanks you for your concern.

Could have driven me down as well Dave.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 23:37:20 »

we're that good we could stick john Virgo there Wink
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: