Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36521 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:15:03 »

Biggest laugh of the day goes to Luci for locking herself inside her car. Cheesy

Please do feel free to elaborate.

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:15:19 »

i'm not grumpy,i just thought it was a poor game.how that means i clearly didn't go last year or shouldn't go i dont know?
if i thought it was a good game and we played well i would have said so.i guess i better go into more detail to explain.

i thought the passing was generally poor.yes there was the odd decent move but overall it wasn't great.ferry took 20 mins to get into the game and got robbed of the ball a couple of times.to his credit he grew as the game went on and was deffo mom.his fellow celtic team mate i thought was out of his depth.hope he can improve.
we didn't create alot until it was more or less over,and i am 100% convinced they had solid pen claims. jean francios pulled back one of theirs blatantly,and a few mins later cuthbert elbowed their forward.southend fans should rightly be pissed off with the ref.

yes i'm glad we won but it was far from convincing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:16:30 »

Haha

??

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:16:46 »

We controlled the game for 75 minutes, keeping the ball and looking comfortable defensively  against a side that is expected to be there or thereabouts, how is that anything like last season? Fair enough we didn't kick on when we should have, but when Ferry and Hutchinson are both match fit we wouldn't have had to change the side and momentum would have been maintained.

All this shit about the ref is bollocks. He was good, that was all. He wasn't bias in any way, the bloke deserved a booking and from where I was sat it wasn't a penalty, the forward just needs to hit the weights.

My only concern is JFL. Either he wasn't fit or just isn't good enough. His distribution is horrendous and he doesn't inspire confidence like the rest of the back four.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:17:26 »

I thought JFL had a decent game. Looked brilliant one minute and then awful the rest.

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:17:52 »

axs comes wandering into the pub asking for advice on what to do if you lock yourself in your car. Cue mass exodus from pub as everybody goes to have look and a laugh.

She couldn't open the doors or windows and if she tried starting the engine the alarm would go off. Panic set in and she was preparing to ring the RAC when Fred pipes up and says "Have you tried pressing the button on the key?". Car unlocks. We laugh, a lot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:19:49 »

Fantastic effort Luci. Some braver than I might even say special.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:20:37 »

Oh dear oh dear Luci.

Imagine of she did call the RAC, it'd be on the same level as Homer Simpson being rescued from a vending machine by the fire brigade.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:22:04 »

I don't think JFL was fully fit but I can see why DW sticks with him. He's still learning and he's crap and excellent in equal measure. He's very raw but I think there is a bloody good player in there. I don't think he was running freely today, his tracking back was very slow. In the second half he did a clever lob pass to Macca and had a decent run and shot. He also blocked a couple of good ones.
Like the team, he's still work in progress but I'd stick with him for now.

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:26:15 »

Yes, I've got rose didnt glasses on - yes me of all people. I even said we played poor!

What Pen? You know you could always not go?

i wasn't refering to you as rose tinted.the first part of my post was in response to you
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:28:21 »

I really panicked and it was hard calling axs with the alarm blasting out and hazards flashing.  I really panicked as all I could think about was having no water, needing the toilet and having to wait two hours for the RAC to come and retrieve me.

I know i won't live this one down. I was even more worried because my RAC documents haven't come in the post yet!  
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:30:42 »

I thought it was a good first half, we looked comfortable on the ball and were good value for the lead.

We look tired in the second half and faded quite badly, Ferry looked a quality aquisition. Hutchinson looks like he could be good player, his distribution was good in the first half. I think he tried to showboat a bit too much, constantly looking for clever 180/360 turns everytime he got the ball. Give him time he could be a real threat.

It certainly wasnt a classic, but it was 3 points and we looked pretty solid still. The loud mouth geezer who sits behind me branded our performance as 'disgraceful' and 'diabolical' - a tad harsh, we won FFS! He will obviously explode with rage when we get beat 3 nil.

Personally I came away happy and full of hope for the coming weeks, yes we didnt play like champions, we played like a team who battled hard against a strong wind, a very physical team and their own fitness due to the 120mins we played against a Premiership team midweek.

I'm Satisfied.

JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:39:39 »

progress,last season we moaned about losing this season we moan about winning.These players are a big improvement on the ones we,ve been watching for the last 4 seasons.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:44:15 »

why is it because i' not raving about it that = moaning?
it isn't moaning,but i cant dress it up because we won.there are positives for sure, but it was a poor game of football.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 18:50:52 »

To be honest arriba, I was wondering if maybe you were trying to be sarcastic or ironic in your first post. It really was surprisingly negative after a win, you even out did Bart mate.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: