Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall V Swindon - matchday thread  (Read 25242 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 18:47:23 »

The perceived wisdom seems to be that our style of play, at the behest of Power, is one that is designed to make it easier to obtain loan players from PL clubs.

Unless this approach is jettisoned and any new manager has free rein to instigate whatever system he thinks best, I can only see things going one way.

relegation?

Just out of interest, do Coventry play this way? Armstrong is probably the best loan signing on the season and they attracted him (and Joe Cole actually)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 18:53:17 »

relegation?

Just out of interest, do Coventry play this way? Armstrong is probably the best loan signing on the season and they attracted him (and Joe Cole actually)

Tony Mowbray, is one of those rugged old skool centre halves who sides like to play sexy football...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 18:56:28 »

No. I still don't think we will get relegated.

My disappointment is down to having this horrendous run of form in such a shite league.

Can't see a tilt at the POs - not even close - but if after gleaning just 1 point from 7 games and still not being in the bottom 4 (just) means there must be at least 4 teams worse than us who have no excuses.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:08:26 »

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/reaction-cooper-refuses-to-blame-his-makeshift-squad-despite-latest-defeat/

Could he have blamed inexperience any more times... Do we really have 90% of our first team missing?
According to SSP on the radio, we've got 9 first choice players out injured or suspended. But I think 9/11 is just under 90%, so no it's only 88% or something.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:12:07 »

Cooper -  They tried and gave it everything they've got.  Can't question commitment and desire.

Basically just said they're waiting for injured players to return for things to change, but won't be in near future.

Gladwin doubt for Tuesday.  Fluid on knee.

Not impressed with Ojaama.

Couldn't be much worse.

I can question the commitment and desire.

Understand with the injuries etc it's tough at the moment, and you can accept defeats if the players just aren't good enough (and obviously look to address that issue).

But both with and without the ball we didn't seem to want it at all today. Disagree totally with Cooper on the effort levels.

No pace, movement or dynamism when attacking, standing off when defending and zero tracking back from the midfield.

That frustrates more than the lack of quality and shots - no excuse for not putting a shift in and that is down to the players - and ultimately the manager who whatever the model should at least be able to motivate the group.

Very disappointing.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:13:31 »

I'd love him to come out and say "we really were shite today"
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:18:37 »

If cooper has no apparent influence on the team selection/style etc and it won't change anything, can we be in agreement that we need someone to come in and do team selection and style and therefore to get a change we have to get rid of cooper. Also if cooper doesn't do anything, on what basis would you want to keep him as manager. He has done nothing to deserve the job.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:19:14 »

According to SSP on the radio, we've got 9 first choice players out injured or suspended. But I think 9/11 is just under 90%, so no it's only 88% or something.

9/11 is 82% if you round up. I stuck up for Cooper before but that sort of shoddy level of mathematics shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. The club really is in chaos.

I can see how a manager might not want to come out and say we were totally useless, but there has to be some line between protecting the players and talking complete horse shit, surely?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:36:14 »

Just watched the goals on the Sky Sports app, that is literally the worst defending you'll see all day, across all leagues. Should have been about 8
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:40:24 »

If cooper has no apparent influence on the team selection/style etc and it won't change anything, can we be in agreement that we need someone to come in and do team selection and style and therefore to get a change we have to get rid of cooper. Also if cooper doesn't do anything, on what basis would you want to keep him as manager. He has done nothing to deserve the job.

Not wanting to desperately get rid of him and wanting him to stay aren't necessarily the same thing.

It's not that I think removing Cooper will make no difference because Cooper doesn't do anything, but because the only person to replace him is going to be working in exactly the same environment with exactly the same influences.

It's common sense something has to change, but IMHO it's a combination of things, from everyone involved at the club, like:

- a serious assessment of why injuries are so rampant
- more flexibility in terms of playing style and actual implementations of, rather than lip service to, the notorious plan B, C etc
- an attempted resolution of any rift(s) if they do indeed exist among staff
- better motivation of players & at least an attempt at consistency with regards to their roles on the pitch
- some sort of defensive coaching regime which goes beyond hiding in a bush with your fingers crossed, which is I'm sure is all we can be doing at the moment
- a bit of luck maybe?

Cooper may be responsible for some of those things, but if he goes today, it's not as if all those concerns are going to be wiped away. That's the reason I'm not screaming from the rooftops for him to fuck off, anyway.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:46:56 »

No. I still don't think we will get relegated.

My disappointment is down to having this horrendous run of form in such a shite league.

Can't see a tilt at the POs - not even close - but if after gleaning just 1 point from 7 games and still not being in the bottom 4 (just) means there must be at least 4 teams worse than us who have no excuses.

In 05/06 we had a similar run of defeats, which led to Kingy getting sacked an Iffy taking it on....now to give you some idea of the trouble we're in that season after 13 games, Iffy got us turning the corner a bit, and we only lost 3 of the next 20, but the damage had been done. Which is why it is so important we pick at least 3 or 4 points from the next 3 games, just to keep in touch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 19:48:25 »

I'd love him to come out and say "we really were shite today"
Yes, that would really help inspire young players who are clearly struggling anyway.
9/11 is 82% if you round up. I stuck up for Cooper before but that sort of shoddy level of mathematics shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. The club really is in chaos.
Well, he might be thinking it's 10/11 - I was taking the 9/11 from what SSP said on the radio so any shoddy maths here is probably down to me. SSP, incidentally, was having no truck whatever with any suggestion that Cooper could be blamed for the current run of losses when we have so many 1st choice players out missing. Which personally I find persuasive as SSP quite clearly:
a) loves the club and will call it as he sees it in the best interests of the club
b) actually knows what he is talking about, unlike most of us

What concerns me slightly is I'm not so sure we'll be that much better when the injured/suspended players are all back. And I do wonder how many of those injured players would be fit enough to muddle through if we were flying high and doing well and they had to fight for their places.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 20:03:22 »

we were shit today.
depressingly shit. what a waste of £26.
do well to hit 6,000 on tuesday  Bad Mood Sad Head Hurts
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 20:14:31 »

Just read on Daily Mail website Cooper set for showdown with Power - Surely this can't be it Huh?Huh? Crying

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 20:15:50 »

Just read on Daily Mail website Cooper set for showdown with Power - Surely this can't be it Huh?Huh? Crying

Keep up at the back..gone!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: