Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53614 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #435 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:27:30 »

Is that a typo, or a surreal terrace chant?

I like to think it may have been a subtle dig at his dull zombie like personality.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:30:18 »

I like to think it may have been a subtle dig at his dull zombie like personality.

Sadly I'm not sure many football chants could be termed "subtle".
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:30:33 »

Not been back long.

Another game ruined by an awful pitch.

Poor first half, much better in the 2nd, Rooney made a huge difference when he came on.

Ref was a complete turd, I think it went to his head that he was on TV.

Town fans were unbelievable today, outstanding support. Where there even any Crawley fans there?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:34:43 »

Where there even any Crawley fans there?

Yes, that cock with the bell !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:49:40 »

Yes, that cock with the bell !!
And someone who kept letting out loud shrieks.  Did anyone else notice that on Sky?
Flashheart

« Reply #440 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:54:17 »

I try to put a brave face on it. I think many of us do.

But the emotions of the last few days and the sheer relief of Paolo's interview with Chris Wise make me realise that if he did go, it would be much harder to take than any other manager leaving that I've experienced. We're still not out of the woods yet but I reckon there's a shitload more emotion to come and it will be Paolo orchestrating the joy (and occasional anguish)
Flashheart

« Reply #441 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:55:15 »

And someone who kept letting out loud shrieks.  Did anyone else notice that on Sky?

Yep
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 20:56:11 »

only watched on tele but well done town fans magnificent support , thought the sky boys made too much of di canio  clapping the supporters at the end as he does this every game ( albeit with a tear in his eye) . On the pitch ,  i thought mceverly was crap  , dont particularly rate him so maybe others will tell me if im being unfair , roberts was okay just wish he would cross quicker cos when he did we should of scored .Agree with what others have said re the ref , wanted the headlines . MOTM was never mccormack  , i would of personally gave it too fodders just for not doing anything wrong but flint was also a shout . in conclusion , Difficult game on a difficult pitch in difficult circumstances so am happy with a point . Time to get drunker .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:12:46 »

Is that a typo, or a surreal terrace chant?

My phone's better at making up chants than I am, THE SHAAAME.

That may have been me, recovering from a cold/sore throat and my voice kept breaking awkwardly...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:18:23 »

God awful pitch - probably a draw a fair result, though have to say Crawley's penalty claim had more substance to it than ours did. 

Got bored with Sky almost wetting themselves over whether Di Canio was going to resign live on tv. He maybe be an emotional man but Kevin Keegan he is not...he's far more calculating and ruthless than that.

The tears at the end could have been taken two ways - either an emotional goodbye or overwhemed at the 'don't go' support from the town fans who could be heard for most of the game.

As for Crawley I can't take a club seriously who can't build stands high enough to stop balls leaving the ground. I made it at least 5...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:20:43 »

God awful pitch - probably a draw a fair result, though have to say Crawley's penalty claim had more substance to it than ours did. 

Got bored with Sky almost wetting themselves over whether Di Canio was going to resign live on tv. He maybe be an emotional man but Kevin Keegan he is not...he's far more calculating and ruthless than that.

The tears at the end could have been taken two ways - either an emotional goodbye or overwhemed at the 'don't go' support from the town fans who could be heard for most of the game.

As for Crawley I can't take a club seriously who can't build stands high enough to stop balls leaving the ground. I made it at least 5...

........first half and then 5 second half . Fuck, if people think we are tinpot then they are piss pot

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:22:03 »

........first half and then 5 second half . Fuck, if people think we are tinpot then they are piss pot

Was it really that many...I lost count

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:24:38 »

Was it really that many...I lost count

i did too , to be honest .

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:28:18 »

God awful pitch....As for Crawley I can't take a club seriously who can't build stands high enough to stop balls leaving the ground. I made it at least 5...

They seem to think they're a rugby club. I shouted 'conversion!' Every time a ball went out. (I apologise if you were stood near me)

Just remembered, I was wondering if anyone knows the guy with glasses who wore a tweed cap in the standing section tonight? Looks a bit like the bald guy from Gadget show. Remember him from Torquay boxing day last season.

He seems to enjoy winding up the stewards....
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 21:50:45 »

I try to put a brave face on it. I think many of us do.

But the emotions of the last few days and the sheer relief of Paolo's interview with Chris Wise make me realise that if he did go, it would be much harder to take than any other manager leaving that I've experienced. We're still not out of the woods yet but I reckon there's a shitload more emotion to come and it will be Paolo orchestrating the joy (and occasional anguish)

I confess to almost feeling a bit wibbly lipped at the prospect of PDC going. I don't think I even felt so upset at the prospect of losing Hoddle or Ardiles.

I only just started following Swindon in the Macari days I don't remember too much about him leaving so can't comment on the emotions of that!

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: