Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup First Round Draw  (Read 39609 times)
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:15:40 »

We have no chance another loss and embarrassed live on the tv when constable  scores winner.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:32:30 »

We have no chance another loss and embarrassed live on the tv when constable  scores winner.

We've long passed the stage of embarrassment.....as Power said like Cooper before him, Eastleigh have a bigger budget.

Powe We get £67K, so should pay some bills.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 17:42:51 »

Off to the lakes for a long weekend staying with a Luton fan.  If neither of us playing locally then we head to Morecambe or Barrow.  Just seen that Eastleigh are at Barrow so Holker St it is for an amateur scouting trip.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 18:02:54 »

This has Histon away under Malpas written all over it, doesn't it?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 18:21:27 »

This has Histon away under Malpas written all over it, doesn't it?

We are crap at the moment, but I'm not sure we are Histon away bad.....yet.

The only good thing about that game was it didn't take that long to get home.

The fact they then beat Leeds also meant that most other people forgot about the fact they beat us
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 18:54:05 »

We've long passed the stage of embarrassment.....as Power said like Cooper before him, Eastleigh have a bigger budget.

Powe We get £67K, so should pay some bills.

I don't really get the embarrassment factor. It's the cup, good teams lose to minnows all the time, and as pointed out they do have reasonable resources (admittedly that does sound like getting your excuses in early Cheesy.) It'll be disappointing more than embarrassing.

Plus, with our injuries the way they are, I wouldn't be too upset to be knocked out early. The last thing we need is for Thompson to run on the pitch and catch bubonic plague (we haven't had that one yet have we? Seems like only a matter of time)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 19:48:15 »

I don't really get the embarrassment factor. It's the cup, good teams lose to minnows all the time, and as pointed out they do have reasonable resources (admittedly that does sound like getting your excuses in early Cheesy.) It'll be disappointing more than embarrassing.

The last thing we need is for Thompson to run on the pitch and catch bubonic plague
Or get sent off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 20:14:07 »

I don't really get the embarrassment factor.

Eastleigh, apart from Benny Hill, is famous like Swindon for its railway works....they churned out Southern Railways cack, not really fit to share the same rails as the Great Western, so a bit embarrassing.

Amazingly, part of the Eastleigh works still houses railway usage.....we've got some shops.  Sad
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 20:22:40 »

Eastleigh, apart from Benny Hill, is famous like Swindon for its railway works....they churned out Southern Railways cack, not really fit to share the same rails as the Great Western, so a bit embarrassing.

Amazingly, part of the Eastleigh works still houses railway usage.....we've got some shops.  Sad

Rons Stores will do for me.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 20:58:14 »

Of course we have a chance, not much of one, but a chance. Its on TV because the chance of an upset is a distinct possibility. Losing won't be an embarrassment, being second best for 90 mins and getting stuffed will.

Under the present circumstances (injuries and generally being crap), getting a replay will be an achievement.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:40:11 »

500 tickets sold so far. Surprisingly, 111 sold for Scunny and 87 fuckers for Exeter!
Flashheart

« Reply #131 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:43:13 »

It'll be a new ground for a lot of people, that always bumps ticket sales.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:48:04 »

Trying to wangle time off to go. Unfortunately bought tickets direct from Eastleigh when the game was still on Saturday.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:52:45 »

Went to watch Salisbury there in an FA Cup qualifier a few years back. Clubhouse was decent. Salisbury scored in the last minute to go through. Going again, so hope the luck continues.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:54:54 by dogs » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 16:54:50 »

Surprisingly, 111 sold for Scunny and 87 fuckers for Exeter!

Going to both must make me a surprising fucker then.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: